Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Papercut Print Deploy Client

HI,I am having trouble deploying the Papercut Print Deploy Client.The two queues work fine. When I try to reach the correct port via the browser I get the hot green coffee.I followed the instructions from Papercut however my OS Version is Sonoma whic...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing In-House Apps

I am trying to come up with an easy solution for locking down iPads to single mode to just display a website. I wrote a simple browser that does this, but Jamf installs the app and it won't run. Will I need an Enterprise certificate or is there a wor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF App catalog

We have recently ported over our Mac Apps to the Jamf App Catalog, but are running into a bit of a snag. The initial deployment went great, but we have had a few users manually remove an application that was pushed out via the Jamf App Catalog.We cre...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Once per computer question (new package)

Hi all, i have a small package (.pkg)that installs FortNAC persistent Agent, the trigger is "Once per computer" this works perfect. Now there is an update for this package (.pkg) what is the best way to update this package?So remove the old package a...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhone not communicating with Jamf

Hello, My user iPhone is not communicating with Jamf any longer.- Last Inventory Update:04/11/2024 at 3:26 AM- MDM Profile Expiration Date:12/05/2025 at 3:56 AM- Management commands: 46 pending- iPhone is always networked: wifi, 4G- can't install/rei...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS Photo App Content Management in OneDrive

We are an M365 municipality and use IOS mobiles in the field with Jamf Pro. With that said, we have several shared IOS devices. Think of all the Fire or Public Works crews that have a shared crew iPhone or iPad. There may be 3-8 people on a crew rota...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

The new Composer: Is it just me?

I work at a university, which means we try to keep the same configuration throughout the academic year, which in turn means that I mostly don't use JAMF for about 9 months and then have a really crazy 3 months to prepare next year's configuration. Qu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restriction clearing history website data - iPadOS 17

We got alot of student devices. We want to be able to clear history and website data on them. Right now the option on the iPad is dimmed - Settings -> Safari - Clear History and Website Data.I'm trying to find out where the restriction is set to dimm...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple config profiles. Configuration Creep?

Looking after iOS devices for a large IT company.We have a 'default' set of restrictions; every newly setup device gets this. There are other profiles as well that look after things for all devices (passcodes are a good example). Restrictions, though...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Hostname & Local Hostname of computers

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to change the "Hostname" and "Local Hostname" of our fleet of MacBooks to use the Serial number instead of the name of the computer that ends up being the name of the employees, which is not great for privacy and s...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configration Profiles

Hi All,Currently, Jamf Pro does not distribute/push a few of our configuration profiles to the devices. Is there a way where I can force these Config Profiles to the devices in Jamf Pro? i selected all computers in scope, when I do re-save action it ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding VPP (iOS) licenses to Sites

Hello, I'm at the point where I had to create Sites in Jamf. I've never had a problem adding VPP licenses to apps but now when I scope an app, i.e. GMail, to "Campus A", I get "Content not available to assign to mobile devices". If I remove the site ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where is "Managed Login Items"

Hello,I'm looking for Managed login items in profile configuration. I've seen it in documents and video (see screenshots), but don't see it in my Jamf Pro.My interface is in French.Where is it?  View more

Capture d’écran 2024-05-28 à 10.51.00.png Capture d’écran 2024-05-28 à 10.52.11.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable MS Office 2021 login options

Hi, I am trying to deploy Office 2021 (VolumeLicense) and with that I want do disable the ability for users to login to office and use their private Office 365 licenses.On this site (https://learn.microsoft.com/de-de/microsoft-365/enterprise/network-...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Properly Remove Facetime on MacBook

Hello, I applied a "Facetime Deletion" and " iMessage App Deletion" within the Restricted Software. The process name I used was -----System/Applications/FaceTime.app and /System/Applications/Messages.app I restricted the exact process name, applied "...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error migrating database

Hello all,I inherited a Jamf server running on CentOS, which I want to migrate to Ubuntu to fulfil system requirements.However, while restoring the database on the new server it throws an error: CREATE TABLE `os_update_process_manager_command_c ... E...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS Lockdown Mode flawed

So we have found for a managed and a non managed Sonoma machine, there is a bug in Apple's Lockdown mode.In order to enable Lockdown mode, one must be an admin on the machine.Once Lockdown mode is enabled, one can no longer use Apple's ARD program or...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone deployed Cisco AMP latley?

Having trouble figuring out how to deploy cisco AMP via Jamf. I know there are a few threads out there but I cant even find the .XML file everyone keeps mentioning. Not sure if things changed since then but I need help.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues setting up Jamf-Proxy for Venafi

Hi there,we are trying to set up the Jamf-Proxy for Venafi PKI and we are running into issues. We set up everything according to the manual. From my understanding Jamf-Cloud is getting connected to the Proxy as I can see a request on the Proxy itself...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM profile error with Return to Service app

I recently got the Return to Service workflow working on some test iPads. When I deployed it to my student iPads and tried to run it manually through the app it returned the following error message in the management tab in JSS: Erase DeviceMDM profil...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop personal iPhone from connecting the work mac

Hi all,We need to stop personal iPhone/iPad from connecting the work macs. We have tried deploying this one: https://github.com/jamf/jamfprotect/tree/main/device_controls/restrict_mobiledevices_syncing_with_finderThis one is actually effective partia...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors