Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

High Quality Casper Wallpaper

Hello JAMF Nation! Would someone be able to link me/upload a high quality Caper wallpaper (dark blue preferably)? I've been using a standard desktop background for my Netboot images and I would like to change that. Thanks!  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted

setregproptool scripting

I've been able to set the EFI password with the EFI Password portion of a policy. But now I need to remove the EFI password off of some machines. Just pushing a policy with Security Level set to None fails... Executing Policy Remove Firmware Password...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

A new plan for next year

With our school year ending here in a few months :) I am looking at some new ways (profiles, config profiles, preferences, etc...) to help with our 1:1 laptops. We will be going into our third year and I am really wanting to maximize Casper/Self Serv...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

newbie LDAP mapping question

My network guy and I did some work on our LDAP (AD) mappings. I now have the mappings as I want them but I would like to know if there is a magic incantation that will force an update of all my records in the JSS at once with the new data or do I hav...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reconfiguring Outlook 2011 for Mac

Hi -- We are in the process of consolidating our Exchange environments to one. Part of that requires updating settings in outlook. I was successful in getting the Win side updated, but am having a hard time finding a tool to do this on the mac side. ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

App list by

I've been asked to compile a list of the most popular third party applications on Macs with an eye towards adding them to Self Service. I can export a search by application, but since it is by machine, I have no easy way of counting the total number ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleTV Conference Room Mode

I've only got the one aTV currently, and it doesn't get all that much use, but this was interesting: http://www.speirs.org/blog/2015/3/13/conference-room-display-on-appletv There is a way, however, to have the Apple TV boot into Conference Room mode ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove from Dock in Yosemite

Previously I've used the "Remove from Dock" action in the Dock Items payload (policy). That seemed to work for Mavericks, but in Yosemite I'm not having much luck. To test i pinned FaceTime to the dock. I ran that policy and i can see it execute and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Java being a pain.....

Hey everyone- I am looking to update my Self Service with the newest Java update but instead of being easy, like in the past when I could just drop the file from the Java download in Admin, now it is saying that it will not accept it because it sees ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting iOS Wallpaper issues

So I'm finally getting around to working with iPad wallpaper features and love that you can do this en masse with the remote commands for a group of iPads, however I cannot seem to get the wallpaper to show properly on the screen. Been playing around...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local script to report version info

Hello all, hope this can help some of you out if not give you a starting point for your own version reporting script.Often I am walking from the cafeteria and get stopped or I'm making my way through a cubicle farm to one customer and get pulled asid...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleTV Password Profile for Yosemite

Hi All, Having a little bit of trouble trying to get a configuration profile to handout the Apple TV password to work. I configure the profile the exact same way as I would for iOS (Which works!) and when I connect to the Apple TV from Yosemite, it s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Suite Cache

We have made one package in Casper Admin per Adobe package. After Cache and Install Cache we noticed the following folders inside Applications. Adobe --> Adobe Patch Files And the above folder contains lots of zip files. Are they going to go away? It...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to Restrict Firefox

Hi All,We have a filtering policy at school & student can take laptops home. Firefox is not installed on the computer,as it can be set to bypass system proxy settings. The Restrict Application works fine but.... if the app is copied to the users home...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

stuffit uninstall script?

anybody got a stuffit uninstall script handy? The vendor has an app, but requires user intervention, the manual instructions seem to have a lot of stuff in the user folders scattered throughout the system.Vendor Instructions  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO: Okta vs Centrify

My company is considering an SSO solution and they've been looking at Okta. I've been urging them to consider Centrify since it seems to offer similar SSO services but also has some support built into JSS for AD binding. Anyone use either of these fo...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Login - Yosemite

When I enable Remote Login for my Macs, on every successive restart it gets shut off and I do NOT know why. Has anyone else had this issue?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

remove/delete computer from smart group

How can i remove/delete a computer from a smart group? this computer had a policy cached, was populated in a smart group, then via self service installed the cached application. the computer has been removed from the policy that caches, but the smart...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome start screens for new user

Hello all, I am looking to remove the to startup screens Chrome shows when a user first launches the application. The "set google chrome as your default browser" and "set auto updates to run". I just want the users to get a default web page when they...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to use Globalsign SSL certificates with JSS

We were attracted to Globalsign's inexpensive wildcard certificates, fully aware that there would be zero frills. We are running JSS 9.65 under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. After creating a new Tomcat keystore, generating the CSR, and being issued the certifica...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSIS ETL from Rest framework

Hi All, Need to drag data from Casper into a BI originally created for SCCM. Need to load BI with SSIS with large amounts of Casper data. Prefer database to database exchange or simple extract to CSV. Looking at the REST API and not seeing SSIS compa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging in Target Mode

Hi everyone, Our JSS version is 9.65 and I am using Casper Imaging version 9.65 on a Yosemite (10.2) Macbook Pro. I am currently baffled because every time I reimage another Macs using Casper Imaging connected via Firewire/Thunderbolt cable then I wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors