Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

imaging questions

Imaging computers with the Casper Suite involves booting computers to a startup disk other thanthe target drive and then using the Casper Imaging application to deploy a configuration.Some common startup disks used for imaging are USB or FireWire dri...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

casper imaging

Hi All if i 'd like to boot a new mac to a startup disk via USB, how can i image a mac since the casper imaging not there? thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default user desktop Pic in Yosemite

Has anyone figured out how to do this, so that associated new AD users all have the same background? I've seen numerous posts for the login page, and a number for Mavericks, including the derflounder post but nothing for desktop images for users on Y...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting Stale computer invitations

I've noticed that when I pull up https://my.jss.com:8443/api/#!/computerinvitations/findComputerInvitations_get I get a giant list of invitation codes. Some of them never expire. DEFAULT Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited I figured out that I can use the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP server names or addresses?

Our JSS can't seem to communicate with Apple's VPP Servers. We have major firewalls in place here and I've asked our network security teams if they could open some holes for testing to see if it is a firewall blocking the communication. They said the...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy not being allowed to run to completion

I'm working on our OS X 10.10 image (my first image build after taking over the process) and all is working fine, except a policy we have created to install 25 packages is not being allowed to run to completion. We run this same policy in our current...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distinguish new Macs from existing ones

Hi, I'm struggling for a while now to find a way to set the new Macs apart from the existing ones in Casper. To make myself more clear: I've created a few policies that are executed when devices are enrolled (enrollment trigger). This process works f...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

24 hour clock setting

Hi, What is the best way to script the the 24 hour clock setting across the entire OS instead of the default 12 hour setting? I already use the terminal commando /usr/sbin/systemsetup -settimezone "Europe/Amsterdam" -setnetworktimeserver "time.euro.a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict non admins from changing their passwords....

I'm looking for a simple way to restrict non-admin accounts from accessing the Users & Groups pref pane (students pulling shenanigins on public workstations). A simple password reset policy doesn't work because students change the name on the account...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using HTTP on a distribution point outside the firewall

We're in the process of moving from a JDS to a file share DP using AFP. In testing we've just found it to be more reliable, both in client access and casper admin use. The problem is I want to stick with HTTP outside of the firewall for remote client...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL is Stopping and causing the JSS stop working

This just happens anytime. The JSS stops working with an error message. Then we have to restart the OSX server and then restart the MYSQL. This can happen anytime we couldn't find any particular trigger causing this problem. However, bulky operations...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppressing Silverlight Update Notifications

Has anyone had any luck with suppressing Silverlight update notifications? Inside ~/Library/com.microsoft.silverlight.plist the UpdateMode value that can be changed from 1-(on) to 2-(off). I tried to just package up a com.microsoft.silverlight.plist ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 and the Imaging Process

So, if I get a machine returned to me from a "user-who-is-no-longer" which contains an FV2 protected volume (the recovery key is unknown), is there any way to just re-image that machine? I know how to manually remove the CS logical volume group that ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script on log in not working

I've wrote a script to map network folders based on AD groups and credentials. I saved it as an app, and packaged it to install on my deployment software package. When a user logs on, the script is set to launch. On some of my MacBooks the script is ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Homes - going from OD to AD

We have been an all-Mac shop for our student and staff logins, but OD and WGM isn't cutting it any more, so we're moving to Active Directory and SMB servers for network (non-mobile) home folders. We're new to this and would like to find how others ar...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS, SUS and DMZ

Hello everybody,Newbie in here and I really need help from this great community.We're in the process to evaluate the possibility to publish our JSS in the DMZ.My environment is set up as follow: JSS 9.7 on a Win2012R2 vm hosted on hyper-v (internal.m...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-Admin Home Printer Software Installs

We are a 1-to-1 high school and the problem I have been trying to tackle is regarding installing home printer software. We have eliminated the problem of standard users not being able to actually add a printer with: dseditgroup -o edit -n /Local/Defa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2011 - Online Archiving Tools, PST Migrations

Greetings Everyone, Has anyone come across any tools or processes for automatically migrating Outlook 2011 PST(On My Computer) folders to an Office 365 Online Archive? Our Windows environment is using a tool from Barracuda that is handling the proces...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

External JSS Enrol Errors

Hey guys, Little bit stuck with where to go next with our external JSS and not being able to enrol from it. Downloading required CA Certificate(s)... verbose: Successfully downloaded the certificate "JSS Built-in Certificate Authority". verbose: Succ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Log Parser

Hello All! Like a few others, we have a business need to report on the success or failure of certain policies. I've seen several feature requests asking JAMF to create the ability to export Policy Log results in a CSV or PDF format, but it doesn't lo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe PCD Permissions

Hello all, Just have a quick question about the Adobe PCD folder in CS installations: Has anyone found a way to make this folder not writable to users, but still allow Adobe products to open without error? Unfortunately, the students somehow found th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors