Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

TurningPoint 5 EULA Dismissal

Has anyone out there been able to keep the eula from showing? I am trying with TurningPoint 5.3.1 and have been unable to find the file that checks for this. I have been through everything Composer and Instruments has logged...with no effect.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two computers, same Hardware UUID.

We have a lab of older computers that we just re-imaged to 10.6.8, but after looking that lab up in the JSS, one machine wasn't showing up. So, we tried enrolling it via QuickAdd, which added just fine, but that ended up booting out another computer ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Login after Image

Working on imaging a cart of computers and have a workflow set up in Casper Imaging. I have users already created in the base image. Also have some things setup to install and scripts to run after image reboot. Once the computer reboots it auto login...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Call Script on Script Exit

I'm trying to figure out how I can call a script as one exits. I do not want to run the script inside of the other script. I want it to call the next one as it exits. I'm not sure if this can be done. Here is a better representation of it. First Scri...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacAir will not reboot after "jamf createAccount"

ran the following script on a macbook air... after doing so... SSH does not work.. and when you try to reboot, it stays at the Apple logo screen... /usr/sbin/jamf createAccount -username CasperAdminAccount -realname CasperAdminAccount -password whate...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Configuration not deploying

I am trying to deploy WebDAV Nav+ with app configuration configured but it just gets stuck in Pending commands until I cancel it. I'm assuming it's because it's not formatted properly. When it's stuck it pending commands no other commands or inventor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

softwareupdate command not completing

I have a policy that simply runs a Execute Command of "softwareupdate --install --all". This command works fine locally and applies any pending software updates. However when I run it from JAMF i get this: Executing Policy Run Software Updates... Run...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal - external Timeserver settings

Does anybody have an idea, if there is the possibility to automatically force a mac to choose a different timeserver, depending on your connection? For example:If connected to our Office network or VPN -> use an internal Server (DC)If external -> Use...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login on mobileaccount dont work over WiFi

Hi I have a problem with login over wifi. We use 801.2x with drop down to the local VLAN. Users are in an active directory and we have mobile accounts on mac computers turned on. When I log in I get authenticated and I get the ip, I can ping, remote ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Preferences - Change Service Order

Hello JAMFnation! Does anyone know, if there is a possibility to change the Network Service Order, of the network adapters by script? Would it be possible to change a persisting order with the networksetup -listnetworkserviceorder command? Thanks and...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can Casper restart Apple TV's on a schedule?

I haven't enrolled my companies Apple TV's into Casper yet but if I did, can I set something up with Casper to reboot them each night? We have Airplay issues if the Apple TV's remain on for too long that rebooting always fixes. Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bind computer name

So I'm trying to bind to AD using a policy. It's actually binding just fine, but it uses the computer's current name of "Admin's Mac Mini" to bind. I made a little shell script to use scutil and set the three names (Hostname, LocalHostName and Comput...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Computer name's in JSS

When changing name's in General Tab for computer it ends up going back to the old name after saving it. What's the best way to change the computer name and it actually stay's the new name ?? Thanks  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Writing a Script for a Printer

Trying to deploy an HP M651dn to all of the Mac's that have Casper installed (University), but we need to have "Stored Jobs" enabled when they print so that they activate their print job from the printer. This is easily done through Windows Print Man...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Computrace Client

Hi All, Has anyone tried to update their computrace clients? I was wondering if installing over the old client should work fine. I've tested and there doesn't seem to be any problems going through that process. If anyone has any feedback that would b...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow for Setting Up Windows Partitions in a Lab

Hey All, So I've seen a few discussions about using win clone pro to set up boot camp partitions but I thought I'd ask for the full details of your workflows. I may or may not set our new CAD lab up with a Mac Partition (even though they are new iMac...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Management Commands

Hello, I recently enrolled a machine and had just noticed it does not show any Management Commands tab, it appears on all the other computers except this one. The reason I found it was down to testing a configuration profile and trying to scope it to...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do you preform user upgrades?

Morning, So we have finally started our Mavericks Upgrades at our University. During this process we have to backup all user data before installing our new image, which currently means backing it up to a network share. I am sure there are better ways...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Child JDS replication

I'm re-architecting our Casper infrastructure to eliminate a dozen Xserve DP's. I've not gotten experience with the JDS yet. If my root JDS is in the US, and I have a child JDS in London, can the London JDS cascade DP sync to an SMB share? Or can JDS...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firewall Issue on Maverick (Reposted)

Hi All, I am having issue with adding applications into the exception rules in Maverick 10.9.3's and above (10.9.4)'s Application Firewall.Maverick 10.9.2 has no issue with adding applications into the exception rule. The issue is, The application wi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Dashboard slow loading

Since a few weeks when switching to the JSS Dashboard it takes a significant time for the dashboard to load. It is rather annoying if you'd like to check something fast and switch back and forth between the different JSS screens. Does this sound fami...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM+Apple Partership...

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2014/07/15Apple-and-IBM-Forge-Global-Partnership-to-Transform-Enterprise-Mobility.html Seems a little early to tell from there, but what kind of impact if at all may this cast towards the Casper Suite? I don't think I ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Department Hierarchy

It seems to us that utilizing departments, and sub departments is the best way to keep installations scoped correctly as people and systems get replaced. Having the ability to build a department hierarchy would let us keep all policies with "base app...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPkgr - a GUI for AutoPkg is now available

Looks very promising, worked without issue for me so far. Has an option to include a Munki repo. Very useful for certain environments.https://github.com/lindegroup/autopkgr @rtrouton has a good writeup herehttps://derflounder.wordpress.com/2014/07/15...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator can't download iOS 7.1.2

we are getting the following error while supervising the iPad on Apple Configurator. Could not move file:///Users/kak/Library/Containers/com.apple.configurator/Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.configurator/Downloads/iPad2,1_7.1.2_11D257_Restore/ into fi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change number of directory bind attempts?

In a unique situation we are dealing with, our AD bind attempts are not executing fast or reliably. With the default of 5 attempts, it's taking ~10 minutes per failed attempt and with 5 attempts, it's running up against the next policy trigger (30 mi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors