Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Cant connect to update server (servername)

I am setting up a SUS for the first time. So far i have gone into settings on our jss and put in the ip address of our jss. I have a configuration profile setup and a couple test machines in them. I have software update turned on the the mac. Current...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Initial Setup: Server Architecture

Hello Everyone, We are joining the JAMF community and will be setting up Casper very soon. I wanted to poll the people already using the product to see how they setup their server architecture and see if anyone has any "gotchas" we might want to be a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert Casper Record

Greetings, Wanted to find out if there was a way to convert a computer record in Casper to maybe like a "static" record, so the information about the machine is saved in a frozen state, and we can free up an unused casper seat. Thanks!  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Old topic, new thread... .PKG vs .DMG

so there seems to be several (old) threads about the pros vs. cons of packaging composer installers via .pkg or .dmg. We currently use .dmg's (per my guidance due to our packaging team being windows based). Just curious as to who's doing what and why...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Give users with space in name admin rights?

I am attempting to use @tlarkin script #!/bin/bash # generate local user account based on UID of greater than 1000, if multiple AD accounts exist this will grab all of them userList=$(/usr/bin/dscl . list /Users UniqueID | /usr/bin/awk '$2 > 1000 { p...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfAgent in Accessibility

I am currently using AppleScripts to allow users to run a policy in Self Service to reset their AD password, to help resolve keychain sync issues. However, when I run the policy it gets blocked by Security&Privacy. I am looking for a way to enable th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP User Group Membership Mappings

Hi- I'm trying to use AD for my users and group logins to the JSS. My user mappings seem to be correct. I can test users, I can add a user from AD, give it JSS permissions and my AD user and PW work nicely. My User Group mappings seem to be correct, ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log shows failed when http failover occurs

Im wondering why it's showing failed for a policy installation when the primary DP is not available and it does an http failover? The software installs correctly after the failover, I would think the result would be a warning but not failed. Thoughts...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SIS Importer File Example

I would like to see a full example of the file that needs to be uploaded into the SIS importer for Casper Focus purposes. The examples that I've seen so far are not doing me any good. If someone could show me what they have uploaded I would appreciat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Mini Server Overheating

I have posted to the Apple community already with no responses, so I figured I would keep trying my sources. I am experiencing overheating issues with my Mac Mini netboot server. Below is what I am working with. Model Name: Mac mini Late 2012 Model I...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

First-run / post-imaging script help

I am sure the answer to this is completely obvious and I am just missing it for some reason. The bug with using Casper Imaging over NetBoot with a JDS master DP is really beating me up, so for the group of Macs I've got that are frequently re-imaged,...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prey Project Mass Deploy through

Prey Project Mass Deploy Issues - i have made a package of the prey software using the following information in composer on a 10.9.4 MBP. I am having issue with the deployment - Below is the prey project general info. I made a snap shot and modified ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed policy: Package could not be verified

OK, so I have a smart group that shows Macs that are on Mavericks but have not upgraded to 10.9.4 yet, and I have the Apple 10.9.4 combo updater in Casper Admin, and I have a policy that installs the 10.9.4 combo updater, scoped to the smart group th...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need bug confirmation. Please assist.

If someone has a moment can you please run the following script via policy and confirm casper see's it as a failure. I've tried for days to explain to support that this is a bug in their log parsing but they will not listen and are now suggesting I h...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random clients not checking in

Hello, We have some clients not checking into our JSS v9.3 on and off the network, we have a DMZ setup and in place which does in fact work although some machines eventually stop checking in. it's completely random as to how this happens but we have ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS-OS Package Question

I have been using various third-party methods to get an OS package installer into the JSS for Self Service use for a couple of years. 10.9.4 came out recently and I decided to try adding the Mavericks .app file to Casper Admin and do it the new JAMF ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV question…

As per my previous post, I have enrolled one of our Apple TVs into the JSS. Network Security requested we bring those devices under management as we have nearly 10 on our network now and there was a security bulletin from Apple recently that got thei...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logon logoff event logging to SQL

Hello,Currently we are undergoing a security initiative where we must meet certain security requirements. One of these requirements is the logging of all logon/logoff events. We have a mixed environment of Windows and Macintosh. I have already got th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Winclone Images and Dual Boot Imaging...

Hi , When I upload my Winclone image to Casper via Casper Admin, It get's Zipped.Is this normal?When I run th eDual Boot config, All is good, however, the winclone image is not installed... Help!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unmanaging computers

Hi there, I am not sure if this is something someone could be interested in, but we had a very big need for it. Long story short, we are leasing our Student/Teacher computers for 36 month. That means after 36 month we need to remove everything from t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP, iOS and Prestage enrollment inventory

I am new to CASPER, but we were able to set up the pre-stage enrollment along with the LDAP on the JSS itself. The trouble i am having is that the inventory information we really need (user name, location etc) is not populating no matter what I try t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud Deployment - Creative Solutions

If you are reading this discussion, I'll assume you have fallen into one of Adobe's many pitfalls for rolling this out in an enterprise environment. I'll address some of the most common and head-scratching issues here, and will offer some creative wo...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machines running 10.7.5 freeze during enrollment?

Hello all. I am currently in the process of getting our fleet of Macs enrolled in Casper Suite. I have most of my machines managed, except for my four machines that are running 10.7.5. No matter how I try to enroll (enrollment invites, Recon, logging...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Lync - Package with Advanced Configuration

We're trying to deploy MS Lync across the Office, and we have to follow a manual configuration for the server settings for Lync. I've packaged up using composer, but small problem. It adds "paste" at the beginning of my server name in the advanced se...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleTV won't inventory

I am testing enrolling an AppleTV. I have my profiles and go through the Configurator steps. The device shows up in the JSS, but inventory never runs. I have re-run the Configurator process several times now, deleting the device from the JSS before s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Discovering Macs on remote networks

I'm not really sure who else this might benefit, but I thought I'd throw it out into the mix. At my company, we have hundreds of remote offices, and the Mac representation on the network has grown quickly over the past few years since the advent of i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors