Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Single App Mode - Photos

Is it possible to put an iPad in Single App Mode with the native Photos app? My Admissions department would like to have their iPad in Single App Mode (Photos) during school hours. I can see all the Apps that are installed on the JSS, but I don't see...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to extract data from a plist file

I'm new to scripting the MAC OS and looking for some help to gather version info from a plist file. My goal is to create an extension attribute that will use a bash script to tell me if clients have MozyEnterprise installed. Mozy doesn't seem to inst...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Difference between File Share Distribution and JDS

Hello, For some reason I can't seem to get my head around this and apologies in advance for sounding dumb but what is the difference exactly? At present we have a master File Share Distribution point which we pump all our items (pkgs/scripts/configs)...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Nation T-Shirt on the TV Show The Blacklist

Hi all, I was catching up with The Blacklist a TV show from NBC and I noticed a JAMF Nation T-Shirt being worn by someone at a party. Its Episode 13 - The Cypress Agency, when Red and Lizzie go into a house looking for info from a illegal Pharmacist,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Help Casper Imaging to find its target volume

Casper Imaging selects by default (for all hosts without stored imaging data) the first volume named "Macintosh HD" and complains if there is no such volume. @jhenkel shared a nice way to provide Casper Imaging another hint to find its target volume:...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Child Node Error

Has anyone seen this before and have a fix? I'm stuck and need to get my JSS back up ASAP! I have a master behind the firewall and one on the DMZ and after I updated the DMZ both URLs are giving me the same child node error! Help!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing QuickAdd without user interaction

What's up JAMF Nation?? Okay tell me I'm making this too complicated, and you all have a really easy fix for me here.. Problem: If I'm using Casper Imaging from an external disk and imaging machine, I can't enroll it into our JSS (because the machine...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cons of disabling certificate-based authentication

Hi.. We are having an issue where Cisco AnyConnect always wants to access the private key of the certifcate installed by the JSS in the System Keychain. We can't go around and modify everyone's private key to allow AnyConnect access to it, so we thou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mounting Windows Home Directory

Hey all, I would like to automate the mounting of our Users Windows home directory. If I leave "Use UNC path from Active Directory to derive network home location" checked, it will find the home folder (or at least it seems), place it in the right si...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipad wallpaper

Is there a way to disable students from changing the wallpaper on the iPads? I looked in the configuration profile on casper but I don't see a setting anywhere. Thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block Mac Mini from Shutting Down

We have a Mac Mini in an A/V Classroom that professors are shutting down when they leave the classroom. Because of the annoying power button location when the Mac Mini is locked in an A/V rack, I am looking to have some sort of policy that forces all...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java Error

We've got LDAP setup authenticating fine but this error comes up when querying accounts No matches0.01 secondsError: javax.naming.directory.InvalidSearchFilterException: invalid attribute description; remaining name ''Suggestion: No suggestion availa...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autodmg deploying osx 10.9.2

Hi I've been trying to deploy a base osx image. I followed the instruction found on the dev's website but every time I try to push the image via imaging it doesn't seem to copy anything. I have the dmg set to priority one and I'm running 9.3. Is ther...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search Policy by ID?

Is there a way to search policy by ID? I'm always interested which policy is running when in terminal, but it only displays by ID.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Postman and the JSS API

Hey there! I was having problems with the API, trying to figure out how to mass update device locations (really usernames for VPP assignments) and I finally figured out the solution. I am using POSTMAN for Google Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/web...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP & Pre-stage Enrollment or iCloud Restore

Has anyone had any luck using the OTA pre-stage enrollment successfully while also restoring the iPad from an iCloud backup? My experience is that you cannot do it at all. Either you do the OTA enrollment and start all over, or you forgo the OTA and ...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not Allowing Apps to Run From DMG

I've see a couple of things related to this with, white list and black list for folders. I work at a school and for next year i would like to make it so that if a kid downloads a .dmg they cant mount it and run the .app from the mounted .dmg. Any tho...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updates blank after restricting App Store

I set the app store to restrict to updates only via configuration profile. After the profile is pushed, the updates tab in the app store is blank, even though it tells me I have 7 updates waiting. Has anyone encountered this before?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and Device Apple ID's

My Boss wants to have device Apple ID's, to which the students don't know the password. Does anyone have a workflow like this setup they wouldn't mind sharing, that would be great. My Boss' idea is because not all parents will want their kids to have...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP, Managed VPP and Enforcement

We have 1573 ipads in our school district. Over the last 4 years we have been using the totally unsupported, "Shared-Apple ID across many ipads" deployment method. After briefing most of my schools on the DEP, Managed VPP and Under-13 Apple ID progra...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snapz Pro alternatives and experience with TechSmith

Greetings all, Currently in the process of justifying a switch to SnagIt from Snapz Pro to the boss. With offices in different time zones and no technicians, manually activating anything is a pain in the rear to do and to maintain. And it's 2014, peo...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guest account on laptop cart MacBooks

I have about 150 white unibody MacBook laptops that we use on portable carts in our elementary schools. I am trying to image them with OS X 10.6 to auto login with the Guest account. We really only need them for 1 application and web access (testing ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors