Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Potential bug found on JSS Server Software

In Configuration Profiles while adding restrictions to preference pane access for the user, I encountered an error while trying to set the default finder preferences.It opens up okay, showing me this.external image linkShowing more than one profile a...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Links creating multiple volumes

Since moving to Mavericks I have some user complaints of duplicate volumes being mounted to various locations when following a link. What I'm hoping is someone has a solution that makes it function like Mountain Lion. Below is a description of the is...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL do's and don'ts with JSS

I'm having some trouble with a script taking too long while using curl, want to know if it would be more efficient to use sql insert instead. Here is a breakdown of what the script does. Queries SQL for computer ID's and puts them into an array. Then...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

dsconfigad: No operation specified nor update requested

Hey all,I have a script: #!/bin/sh sudo dsconfigad -passInterval 0 exit 0 However its been randomly returning this "dsconfigad: No operation specified nor update requested" in the policy logs.I'm not sure what this means, however it does say successf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Command will run locally, but not as Jamf script

I'm trying to add the VPN icon to the menu bar. I've been trying to use this script: defaults write com.apple.systemuiserver menuExtras -array-add "/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/vpn.menu" killall SystemUIServer -HUP I can type this into te...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clean up self service icon files from JSS

Is there any good way to do this? I have some icons that were replaced with higher quality ones and I would like to remove the older ones, but there is no interface I know of in the JSS. I realize I can go into the icons table if needed but would pre...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

SMART Status false positive?

Yes, that subject line is scary, but hear me out... Yesterday, one of our clients reported in with the SMART status "Failing." Of course, I went defcon-1 and immediately insured that I had a good backup in anticipation of the worst. However, upon rea...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Execute Command Output

I created a new policy and entered the following command into "Execute Command" under Files and Processes. echo "test text goes here" >> /tmp/newpassSadly, when I look at /tmp/newpass, it exists, but is empty. Anyone able to explain this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger Policy at Custom Event

Hello Jamfnation, Can anybody please help me with the following issue: I need a policy to run once per computer, but it should trigger at a custom event, which would be, that 2 configuration profiles have already been applied before. Thanks for any i...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault Issue - Help!!! Cannot Encrypt Drive

So I decided to post this issue here as I have been working on this all weekend and searching the internet and found nothing helpful. Here is the issue. I tried to enable FileVault on my 10.9.4 MacbookAir4,1. It goes through the normal motions, I see...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble with pkg running post-install script

I'm not sure where the best place to post this question is, so any help or guidance would be appreciated. My problem is simple. I want to set the user dock on a lab of iMacs. I already have dockutil 2.0 installed on all the machines. So I'm thinking ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OX 10.9(JSS Installer Mysql)

I'm trying to install the Jss installer and the mysql on the terminal, login to the mysql console- ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'jamfsoftware', please advise  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenLDAP Mobile Accounts problems

Please excuse the length - part of this post is brainstorming for my own benefit. and part of it is documenting what all I have tried. Environment:10.8/10.9 client machines10.6.8 OD serversOpenLDAP serversJSS 9.32Mobile accounts with no syncing (so j...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

error running Software Update on 10.5 Macs

I am getting this error when running software updates on a Mac running 10.5.8 that is connect to a 10.8.5 SUS.Error: Cannot parse a NULL or zero-length data Has anyone else gotten this error and how did they get 10.5.8 Mac to get updates form a 10.8....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Standard user cant change pic

using casper imaging to create a standard account for the user of some computers in carts. after the image processes i go into the system settings to change the users pic and i cant do it?? is that typical of standard users??? to test something diffe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV enrollment with configurator

Having issues with when enrolling apple tv with configurator it does not change the name for the apple tv, and a few times i get configuration profile errors has anyone had issues like this before?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't find an app in Casper

In Casper JSSHow come when I go to Mobile Devices -> Apps -> NEWApp Store App -> Nextand do a search for Money - Learn to Count Money, the app I'm looking for does not show up. Here's the link to the app. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/money-learn-t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

TurningPoint 5 EULA Dismissal

Has anyone out there been able to keep the eula from showing? I am trying with TurningPoint 5.3.1 and have been unable to find the file that checks for this. I have been through everything Composer and Instruments has logged...with no effect.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two computers, same Hardware UUID.

We have a lab of older computers that we just re-imaged to 10.6.8, but after looking that lab up in the JSS, one machine wasn't showing up. So, we tried enrolling it via QuickAdd, which added just fine, but that ended up booting out another computer ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Login after Image

Working on imaging a cart of computers and have a workflow set up in Casper Imaging. I have users already created in the base image. Also have some things setup to install and scripts to run after image reboot. Once the computer reboots it auto login...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Call Script on Script Exit

I'm trying to figure out how I can call a script as one exits. I do not want to run the script inside of the other script. I want it to call the next one as it exits. I'm not sure if this can be done. Here is a better representation of it. First Scri...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacAir will not reboot after "jamf createAccount"

ran the following script on a macbook air... after doing so... SSH does not work.. and when you try to reboot, it stays at the Apple logo screen... /usr/sbin/jamf createAccount -username CasperAdminAccount -realname CasperAdminAccount -password whate...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Configuration not deploying

I am trying to deploy WebDAV Nav+ with app configuration configured but it just gets stuck in Pending commands until I cancel it. I'm assuming it's because it's not formatted properly. When it's stuck it pending commands no other commands or inventor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

softwareupdate command not completing

I have a policy that simply runs a Execute Command of "softwareupdate --install --all". This command works fine locally and applies any pending software updates. However when I run it from JAMF i get this: Executing Policy Run Software Updates... Run...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors