Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Start Over or Migrate to New JSS Server

We just got our new blade server and VM set-up, and the systems team has made me a new JSS linux server. Here is the dilemma, migrate everything or start from scratch? The systems manager wants to start from scratch. I'm the help desk manager and I a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Admin Access?

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in an environment where end users have administrator privileges? We are currently throwing around the idea of making users admins and restricting a majority of software and apps, like terminal and Torr...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus and Guided Access Error

I have a test class set-up in the JSS so I can play around with the Casper Focus App before our iPad roll-out. Last Friday I had a class set-up to run in the morning. Today I came to work and didn't think anything about it. I reached for my 3 test iP...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

loop1 WHD + JSS 9.22

Loop1 upgrade their hosted version of WHD 12.1.0. Supposedly 12.1.0 now supports Casper 9.x for asset discovery. I'm wondering if any one out there is using loop1 hosted WHD, and if so if they've had success using the Casper 9 asset discovery tool. i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV and Casper Focus

Using Apple TV with Casper Focus is cool. I really liked the way you can control the classroom without wondering about password distribution or record. I am just wondering if we can install the same profile on macbooks as well as teachers also need A...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS netboot LitetouchPE

Does anyone know if there is even a remote possibility of building an NBI to boot into WinPE?I guess to start with can an NBI configuration only supply a dmg image to what ever kernel is booted? (making a bless netboot with a win kernel pointless?)Al...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Information about Apple Security Update from JAMF

Hi Everyone - You may have noticed Apple released iOS 7.0.6 and iOS 6.1.6 to patch a security vulnerability on 2/21/2014. We are updating all of our devices at JAMF Software and wanted to share are a few things we feel you should know.1. Here are the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups

Can you create a smart group based on a enrollment account, so all devices enrolled with that account are added to the smart group?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off Topic: Python Application

We had a third grade student ask the principal about making Python available to them. I admire the initiative and am trying to figure out a way to make this happen. We have Terminal configured as a restricted application, so that is not possible. Is ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Database Error

I'm not sure how to fix this. Our guy that was in charge of Casper left and I have been trying to work with it but have a lot to learn. I'm getting this error and am not sure how to repair it "java.sql.SQLException: com.jamfsoftware.HTTPRequestAction...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Too many policy logs!

I have a problem where the JSS has too many logs saved (I think the default setting was one year), to the point where the JSS/Tomcat hang when I try to view logs for some policies (like the daily inventory policy) and stop accepting incoming connecti...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Air Install

Hello,We are trying to push out the Follett Digital Reader application to our Macs and are wondering what is the best way to distribute Adobe Air? For Flash we pull out the PKG file and use that push out updates, but Air doesn't seem to have that typ...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

getting started with dualboot

When my dualboot imaging (using a .winclone bootcamp image) is complete the OSX partition is not mounted but the Bootcamp partition is fine. I ran Verify Disk on the partition and get "invalid b-tree node size" and Repair Disk is unable to repair the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS v9.23 Webclips on Dock

I'm having trouble adding webclips to the dock. It seems straight forward. Drag a bookmark down to the dock. Launch Casper Admin.Add Dock Item and select that bookmark.Save and replicate if necessary. Create profile in the JSS.Select dock item and pi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.24 ComputerName not set

I've recently noticed an issue on our 10.9.1 deployments that when being laid down through the JSS, the ComputerName will not set and so all machines will become named "localhost". I've searched through the past discussions and this looks to have bee...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Booting SCCM Task Sequence Media via USB on iMacs

Has anyone been able to get SCCM 2007 R2 Task Sequence Media (i.e. WinPE) to boot via USB on an iMac? For imaging our dual boot iMac labs we currently use DeployStudio (but are beginning our move to Casper next week) for the Mac side and SCCM for Win...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MYSQL Details Information

Our goal is to collect all the printers listed in the computer details printer window. We know it is in MYSQL. Just need to know which table it is in. When exporting the jamfsoftware printers table from mysql, all we get are the printers that were ad...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps disappearing after scope change

We did an upgrade from JSS 8.72 to 9.21 back in December 2013. Between the upgrade and now we have not changed the scope of any app in our library. This week we added two users into the scope of 6 apps (these are set to be managed and served through ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery Drive not being named correctly.

Hey all,I've been making recovery partitions for awhile during my imaging using the articles referenced on here. They are part of a smart configuration and are set correctly per the imaging KB Article. None of my settings have changed however recentl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging Vjoon K4 plug-ins for CS Suite

hey all, I've been thrown a quick project for installing Vjoon K4 Plug-ins for CS6, but we are getting little support from the vendor, so i've decide to attempt a repackage with Composer, and hoping someone out there has done this before. Normally th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet Accounts restriction

Is there a way to control or restrict the 'Internet Accounts' app in System Preferences to prevent users from adding accounts like Facebook/Twitter right to their Mac?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Pro Late 2011 Prohibitory sign at Netboot

Hi! I have recently stumbled upon an issue with netbooting older MBP's to my latest 10.9 NBI. Every time I try to boot I get the prohibitory symbol. I can't figure it out and it is driving me insane. I have tried the following: Making sure the NBI ha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.70 Released

Security bulletin: http://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb14-07.html Direct downloads: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS replication issue

I am having an issue where I am not able to replicate out to my JDS instance. My experience is that I am able to see the JDS within Casper Admin, I hit sync and it mounts the webdav share, it looks like it starts to sync all the files, but at the end...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors