Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

iOS App deployment options; summarization

I've been looking into our options for deploying and updating iOS apps, as well as the OS. I have only been able to presume the following based on the research and testing I have done. I am looking for confirmation that what I have found is correct a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create SG based on "more than" 1 cached packages?

I have had a policy that's cached our 10.9.x upgrade packages onto machines. however some of them now have a 10.9.2 and a 10.9.3 (and/or 10.9.0/10.9.1) packages on them because teh user never installed them. Now when they go to isntall, they have mul...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with new users home directories

Has anyone any light to spread on this issue? Using Imaging, and pushing down a configuration nets me with a machine that is unusable. Basically what happens is that any new users that logon to the machine, get ~/Library/Keychains as a file of 0 byte...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch Self Service to a Category page?

Is there any way to do this? I want Self Service to launch to a particular category page when it falls into a smart group. I can launch the app, but not to the page I want. Does Self Service support URL schemes?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot Issues / RAMDisk with 10.9

Aside from the issues with the kernelcache in 10.9, has anyone successfully gotten 10.9 set up to use a RAMDisk?There was an article from the University of Utah on how to do this for 10.6. This worked even through 10.8 but I can not get it to work in...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Server 3.0.1 is now available

We have put out a new version of the NetSUS Server. The source has been updated on GitHub and it is also available as both an OVA and an installer. Changes: Support for Ubuntu 14.04 https://github.com/jamf/NetSUS/pull/20 Thank you to everyone in the ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Network Home "?" from dock

Hi all, We're a mostly windows shop that uses a DFS store to hold all our user data. Mac syncing (with portable home directories) has always been... interesting... with this setup, but I think I have it mostly working. The one last nagging thing I ha...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot issues with Casper v9.3.1 and 10.9.3

Hi all, We are attempting to build some machines (mbp's) with a 10.9.3 (10.9.3 13D65) build and it keeps getting stuck on the "Set name to .." step on the left hand bar in the imaging window and "Creating JAMFHelper..." in the main imaging window. We...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to modify User Template for AD users?

I've successfully set up an imaging workflow (10.8.5) for my Macs which includes a modified User Template. I set up a user account with the desired settings and packaged up ~/Library for installation (minus the Caches & other cruft), along with a pre...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Old versions of CS and newer OS releases

Not sure how many of you run into this, but how does one handle Old versions of CS (3 or 4) running on 10.9 machines? We have departments that just keep transferring the license from machine to machine, and today they received new MBAir's which only ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS web server and casper config question

I'm not sure I understand something about software updates and how they're supposed to work within Casper. If I configure a software update server on a network segment, then machines on that network segment should get directed to http://softwareupdat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error installing Office2011-1442Update_EN-US.dmg

Error installing Office2011-1442Update_EN-US.dmg: Set to install as either a self service, or at login, logout, or startup. Triggers work, but office is still showing up as 14.4.1 throughout the application list. Even if the policy runs at reboot. Lo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run a policy (Inventory Update) every 4 hours

Sorry if I'm missing something easy here. I currently have check-ins set for every 15 minutes. I would like to set inventory to update regularly, but not as often as 15 minutes. The next available option is to set execution frequency at once per day,...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Account Permissions are Fetching...

I am testing our 10.9.3 image and noticed that our Managed account has no permissions to its user folder. When i look at who has permissions, it says "Fetching". I looked online and it says to recreate the account, but.... this is our Managed account...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Network (not mobile) Account Home Folders

I've found plenty of excellent scripts for removing mobile accounts that create a home directory on login but I haven't found any that remove network account home directories. I have some lab computers that do not "create mobile account at login" and...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Mavericks and LKDC

Hello, In the past when imaging Snow Leopard, we ran a series of Terminal commands to regenerate the LKDC. Mountain Lion had a similar process. Looking to see if this is still necessary for Mavericks and if so where is the documentation. thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac E

Just incase there is anyone whom would like to come but doesn't have access to here, there is also a MacE thread on it: http://www.macenterprise.org/mailing-list?place=msg%2Fmacenterprise%2FPGX6LZTZ07Q%2FXKMVDkPktCUJ  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

block open access point wifi

I have 30 macbooks for students at a school. I have a conf profile to use a private network. Some students go into the macbook settings and join the open wifi that we have at that school. Is there a script or something that I can do to block the open...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notifications: User Interaction

Hiya, I have been trying to get this to work without success, it looks like it should just work out of the box but sadly I can't get it to. I have written some default text into the 'Start' and 'Complete' message boxes, and I have made sure that the ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Port range for tftp

We have set up net boot on a NetSUS 2 across subnets and got it working, but the network folks had to open up the whole +1024 UDP port range from the server to get tftp working.Does anybody know what the default range is and where it would be possibl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation Issues

We've set up a self service app that for some reason no matter what we do whether its a .DMG or a .PKG installs itself at the root of Macintosh HD and not into the Applications folder. How do we remedy this ?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors