Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

systematically configure hot-corners.

A security issue arises from the hotcorner options because of the ability for a use to set the screen to never sleep/lock. In cases where it is mandated that the screen 'lock' after X time, this thwarts the intended security measure. The following fi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

WHD & JSS

Hey Guys, WE are getting the following error with the syncing of JSS AND WHD Asset discovery. Has anyone seen the below? Encountered error(s) during synchronization: Error while getting next asset: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4. MySQLSyntaxErrorExc...  View more

• 47 replies
  • 0 kudos

App tied to Apple ID and can't be updated.

So I've packaged up the iWorks apps to deploy to new machines since it free. But since we don't have any new machines yet, I paid for the apps and downloaded them to my machine. I packaged them up like normal and tested them on our systems. They work...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging - MAC Address Naming

Hi all, Forgive me if this has already been covered - I have searched high and low. We are running Casper Imaging 9.21 on a 10.9 NetBoot image. When we image a MacBook Air over Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter (which has been specified in JSS as a rem...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't connect JDS

Hi, I just created an Amazon instance and installed the JSS 9.21. I can log in to it via port 8443 and enroll computers. When I try to add a JDS however, I get a warning to "Verify that the JSS certificate is not self-signed." I believe that it is se...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hide menu bar in Netboot image

Hi all, I've managed to set the menu bar to hide by editing the Casper Imaging Info.plist. What I'm after though is the ability to hide the menu bar and dock completely. I managed to achieve this in my Netboot image with 10.8 but it was that long ago...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks NetBoot Creation Failing

I've tried to create a Mavericks NetBoot image several times from two separate Macs with System Image Utility and it fails every time. It sees the volume I want to use for the image but it fails with the with a bunch of ditto errors saying "no space ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads in schools - MacWorld article

Just an FYI. Happened to be looking over this article that appeared today on problems with the LAUSD iPad deployment, and the Casper Suite is mentioned. (I don't think the LA school district was using the Casper Suite) There is also a blog linked nea...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS and Adobe CS3/CS4 Installer packages

We have some adobe CS packages on our JDS, the DMG itself seems to replicate fine, but the installer (when you go into C.Admin and check the box that says it's an Adobe Installer, which then allows further customization), those seem to sit there and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9 User Temps

What is the best way to make a the default User Templets in OSX 10.9 Mavericks?I am beginning to make standard OSX 10.9 image. Any tips for 10.9?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network issues in 10.9 after 20+ days of uptime

We ran into this on a Mavericks system in our environment today, and I didn't see mention of it here in the JAMF community... It's kind of ugly so thought I'd share it here in case anyone else runs into it. https://discussions.apple.com/message/23856...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple Application Install and Update Methodology

I'm new to JAMF and still trying to get accustomed the process and workflow of making simple install policies. I'd just like to write down my current process with installing and updating simple software, like Firefox or VLC via Self Service. Please c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Seeking Boston-based JAMF Tutor

Greetings, Entirely new to JAMF. Hoping to locate a willing soul in the Boston area open to offering JAMF software tutoring (Casper/JSS, etc.) in exchange for stipend. Slated to participate in CSE training in January, then a CCA session in March-awar...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] SSH and CreateUserPkg

I created a user with teh createuserpkg app and found that everything works except I can't ssh into a box using that account. I can using our jss account - so I know ssh is working, but just not with that account.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable iTunes check for updates

There isn't a managed preference for this so I put the following in a login script. Here it is in case it helps anyone. Watch the word wrap # Get user logged into console and put into variable "user"user=ls -l /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4### Set iT...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Trigger not working in v9.11

Surely I am doing something wrong, so I ask - I have a smart group looking for a specific version of Chrome.I want users to go to self service, run the policy that uninstalls that version, and then by a custom trigger, run the second policy to instal...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

C.Imaging and JDS

I have jamf working on this too, but wondering if y'all have run across this. We just setup our JDS environment on 9.21 / 10.9 Servers and more or less everything has replicated. However, When I go into C.Imaging and override defaults to point to the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoLogin User

I have a script that was made for me and I'm trying to have it run inside my image...problem is, its not working. Should I have it run at a specific priority, pushed via policy...any suggestions?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite Extension Attribute?

I would like to build an Extension Attribute to detect the version of Casper Remote, Recon, Composer, etc and create a policy to push out the current version to the various call center macs that have these apps installed. Does anyone have any suggest...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attribute for Remote Management status?

I've been asked to turn off the Remote Management option on all clients, so that technicians cannot access client machines through Apple Remote Desktop and instead must use Casper Remote (since Casper Remote screen sharing sessions can be configured ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Office for Mac 2011 14.3.9 Update

So far I've just been downloading the .dmg, getting the .pkg, dropping it into Casper Admin and it works. For this update my testing shows the error Error: The package could not be found on the server. Based of reading on here I tried creating the pk...  View more

• 43 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local/Domain Account Issue.

This isn't a JSS/JAMF issue, but thought I would throw this out there to see if I can get some help with an issue we have. Our Active Directory Policy I set up in the JSS to bind our systems to Active Directory does have the “Create mobile account at...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors