Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Managing 'Local Items' and/or 'iCloud' Keychain

Does anyone have any experience managing/modifying the 'Local Items'/'iCloud' keychains via the command line? I currently have a shell script, offered via Self Service, which utilizes 'security' CLI which looks at the login.keychain, finds items that...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles on Virtual machines

I'm trying to get some profiles on my VM's, running on a esxi platform. when i make a empty profile at system level it get's pushed fine to my "regular clients" MBP etc. the profiles never appear in my VM's. i tried to jamf removeMDMProfile jamf mana...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Active Directory password on command line

I'm in the process of putting together a script which is a sort of "all in one" thing for checking expiry and changing passwords. I know password changes can be done through the System Preferences GUI, but I was hoping on a method to do it via a scri...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Safari behavior

Hi All, I am trying to set the homepage for Safari and also have Safari open new windows and tabs to open to the homepage. I've found the commands to set everything (jamf setHomePage etc, defaults write com.apple.Safar NewWindowBehavior and NewTabBeh...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating iMovie, iPhoto, etc... w/o tied to Apple ID

I am curious how people handle updating the "iLife apps" in an enterprise environment. I would like to push via policy the newest iMovie/iPhoto apps without it being tied to an Apple ID. Is that possible or does each device/user have to update the ap...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Text Field EA filled in with a script?

Hey everyone. I made a custom Extension Attribute that is a blank text field. I would like to write a script that fills that field in during imaging. How would one call this custom field and fill it? Thanks!  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable JSS 9 localization

Hi guys,is there any way to completely disable the JSS 9 localizations? The German translation is, as far I can see, wild guessed, presumably translated with google translator or babelfish and in many cases almost incomprehensible. As an example, in ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data backup question (rsync)

Hi I would like to find a way that we can start backing up users data using rsync. The way the business would like it to work is the following. Backup the source DATA folder up from each users Mac to a destination SMB share using rsync The destinatio...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.9 cannot screen share without asking

Hi all,I'm trying to do some testing with Casper 9.21 and OS X 10.9. I cannot remote control Macs without asking, even if i have the right for Casper Remote: Screen Share with Remote Control Without Asking.Does anyone know how to fix this?Regards,joe  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.21 replication failures

I'm setting up new SMB distribution point (AFP is not an option) on a v9.21 JSS and while trying to replicate I will frequently get the following error. ERROR: Cannot copy Dummy_Package.dmg (Dummy Package) because it does not exist on the master dist...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CCA training in India ?

The organization that I work for may have the need to train staff in India this next year, and we might be able to play host for a week at our office in Nodia, just outside of New Delhi. Would anyone else be interested? I have no further details or t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management of bandwidth used by Casper

We are on the cusp of rolling out Mavericks to our users and our Network Admin is getting concerned about the strain of sending 1100 5.5GB packages ( almost 6TB! ) OTA. I did a little searching, but was unable to ascertain how/if Casper manages bandw...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS not deploying DMG files via casper imaging

When I use casper imaging and select a JDS server. It runs through the workflow but when it reboots, I just get the flashing folder with a ?. I've tried multiple known-working OS dmg files, all do the same thing. It looks as if only the pkg files are...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Packaging

I would like to get some advices in regards to how to properly package Adobe Photoshop CS6. I've tried multiple methods but all of them would give me an error.. here are my scenarios: I've used AAMEE 3.1 to get the pkg file. I've uploaded it to Caspe...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks, Java, and SEP

Hi All - I've noticed that after upgrading to Mavericks, I am having to reinstall Java 6 in order for SEP LiveUpdate to work properly. I know that Mavericks disables Java 6, but is there an easier way to re-enable Java 6 rather than reinstalling the ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

CasperShare on a Linux box

I am a little confused here and hope that someone can help. Currently we have our JSS running on Mac OS X Server 10.8.5 and the Casper share is located on that server at "/Shared Items/CasperShare". We are exploring Linux as the next platform that ou...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Migration Question

When I migrate to JDS's... Where does it copy my master deploy for first replication, my JSS sitting in the DMZ or the one sitting behind the dmz?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Disable Netbios

Our security dept asked me to look into disabling netbios from our environment since it's no longer being updated and considered a security risk. Anybody have any thoughts? We are mostly a Wintel (Windows/Intel) so most of our shares are SMB/Cifs. wi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Replication

Last week I copied some new pkg's to the server via C.Admin, and did a cmd S to save (as I do when removing pkg's from the server/JDS) and expected it to replicate out. However, it always listed them as missing. This morning I went into C.Admin and s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disallow to change Screensaver idleTime

Hi.I'm looking for an option (non MCX based) to disable the option for users to set the Screensaver idleTime (Start after x Minutes). We are using Configuration Profiles but not MXC.It has to work for 10.8.x and 10.9.x. We already have a script that ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors