Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Imaging prior to Setup Assistant running

I'm hoping to provide a way to take a Mac, quite literally, directly out of the box and image it (having never run Setup Assistant). I can disable the setup assistant, but the problem is that the management account does not seem to be added to the Ma...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-Casper Issue: Time Machine Backups failing

We are looking at moving to CrashPlan (hopefully) early next year. Until then we are getting multiple TimeMachine errors like this - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s87/sh/d03288e2-4ad7-4466-957b-2b9b4fcdea55/71afa07540fd89e5f9a7eabfc96b4f1e "The back...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan PROe--problem deploying through policy?

I've created a CrashPlanCustomInstallation.dmg and Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg per the JAMF white paper and created a policy to deploy to users. I set the priority for CrashPlanCustomInstallation.dmg to 8 and Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg to 10, so that th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking for input...Casper Suite 9 on 10.9 Servers

Okay, so we are new to JAMF but man have we discovered a lot in the past month and a half of trying to get this beast up and going. Per advise for our contacts at the time we turned up Casper Suite 9.2 on 10.9 servers, we've since upgraded to 9.21, b...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying OS X 10.9 Mavericks upgrade not automated

With version 9.2 of the Casper Suite we have the option to add the "Install OS X Mavericks.app” to the Casper Admin to easily create create an upgrade package. This is a great functionality but I’m facing a very strange problem. I followed all the st...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS, Casper Admin, and compiled images

Problem: It seems that when using just the JDS method of distribution points, one cannot compile images and thus the block copy imaging is not available. Question: What is the community using to compile images in such a fashion that, if uploaded to J...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offline Notifications?

Absent an externally-facing JSS, anyone have an effective means for posting policy messages to your users when not on your network? We're in midst of deferred FileVault rollout so I've created a daily message policy reminding our folks to logout to e...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Installer error

Has anyone ever gotten this error while trying to run the JDS installer? 12/5/13 4:45:45.785 PM Installer[765]: jamfds installer error: { NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Installer; NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Traceback (most recent call last): File...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks Microsoft CA Certificate Request Failing

Wondering if anyone else has seen the following behaviour and has a solution. I am requesting a system certificate from a Microsoft CA using the 'AD Certificate' payload within a configuration profile. The Mac is bound to AD and has the appropriate r...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS fails to install -- ERROR cannot get UUID

So I keep encountering the following error when I attempt to run the JDS installer: Allow untrusted SSL certificate? (y/n): y Could not get UUID failed to create configuration file. check /usr/local/jds/logs/jamf.log for more information. the log lis...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Issues

Hoping someone has some experience with this as I am getting sick of remaking Netboot Images to no avail. Essentially, I needed to make a new image after upgrading to Casper 9.2 from 8.7. Ever since then I have been unable to create a new image that ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FUT & FEU Question

Afternoon all,I've not explored these options much but I do understand the general premise. I have a scenario which I am a bit unsure of however and am seeking your advise. I am creating a package (.dmg) which will add holidays to a user's Outlook 20...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Usage Logs for Multiple Computers

Hi All, I'm at a loss right now trying to figure out how to create a log for application usage log for multiple machines in the JSS. Page 182 of the 9.1 Admin guide shows how to show a log for a single computer. We would like to be able to see a usag...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Patching over the Internet

One interesting feature I saw in the Google tool Munki/Simian (http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2011/01/simian-mac-os-x-package-deployment-via.html) is that you can push patches to Macs even when they're off the corporate network. Is this possib...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 8.73 Freezing when trying to replicate

Hey all,So I've found that after upgrading my work computer to Mavericks, each time I try to replicate the distribution point to our second one, Casper Admin 8.73 freezes. If I use the app on a Mountain Lion machine it still works normally.Anyone els...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login

I’m working on a computer currently that is having logon issues with one users account. The user logs into the computer it tries to login then goes back to the login screen. Has anyone ever seen this error and knows a fix?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Apps to Dock config profiles

Hey all, Is there a way to add more apps do the dock config profile settings beside the default list that is in the JSS? I was hoping to use config profiles for the dock items and prefs instead of packaging up plist files. Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

GoToMeeting - anyone package it?

Our Standard users on MacOS 10.8.x are starting to need help.They are finding (since they don't have Admin Rights on the local machine) they are not able to install webinar GoToMeeting plugins.Would this be a case where I just take a snapshot, run th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customizing default user accounts

We have a notebook program for students which contains a customized user account/profile. At this time we are doing it in a brute force way though: creating a user account with the wallpapers, etc. we want and then manually copying that user's User T...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

cups KSMB enabling

Hi, I don't have the option showing within cups to add a printer with KSMB. Is there a way of enabling this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile Passcode

Hello there, I've set a passcode for removal of profile and I can't remember that passcode and I need to remove it. Is there any way to clear it? reset the passcode? Please help!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Searching Casper 9.21

Hi there,I've just upgraded my Casper from 8.73 to 9.21 and noticed that to search the inventory now I have to put in the field when searching for a computer that I don't know the whole name. For instance, if I want to search all computers that are a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sort Branch list by date(NetSUS appliance)

Hi All, I'm pretty new here at JAMF nation.I just want to share this hack on the NETSUS appliance(2.0) for those who want to sort the Branch list by date.I'm not a php expert just asked the help of a friend too. Login to your appliance and do: sudo n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors