Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

VMWare Fusion 4 now supports OS X (client)

Now that we are able to virtualize OS X (legally), has anyone done any testing to see if Casper is able to manage these VM instances? Also has anyone been able to select Portable Casper Drive as target startup disk within the VM? PS, relevance...tryi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certified JSS Administrator (CJA)

Not sure if anyone saw this announcement from JAMF since it doesn't appearto have been discussed here yet: Certified JSS Administrator (CJA) Topics include: Installing and configuring MySQL for the JSS on Windows and Linux Installing and configuring...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ad plugin managed preferences

Hi List, I'm just realizing that the AD plug-in, Mac OS 10.5 & 10.6, createsmanaged preferences for each AD user. These are stored in /Library/ManagedPreferences. There is a folder for the user's short name there and four.plist files: com.apple.dock....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion imaging not booting

Did anyone figure out how to resolve the issue where using the ESDInstall.dmg in Casper Admin resulted in a machine that would only boot to the recovery partition? I know compiling the image works (just did it) but for testing I'd hate to have to re-...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin users bypass MCX settings

I am only using Casper to apply MCX settings to our Macs, most of the settings are applied as I would like but it would be great if when a admin user logs on they get the option to bypass the MCX settings (for example we only allow certain preference...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

set computer name script - feed back

Hi List, I'm not much of a scripter and pieced this together from the resource kitand google. It sets the computer name to a prefix and the last six digits ofthe serial number. I'm wondering what, if any, precautions I should takebefore turning this ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feature Request: Stronger database crypto

Hi- To my knowledge, the JSS database uses RSA-128 with 1024bit keys to store machine account passwords in the database. While likely strong enough for typical use, in high security environments RSA-128 isn't looked upon favorably due to a recently s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

setting login keychain for users

What methods you guys using for this? I am looking at a login hook maybe that uses the security command to add in our wifi passkey to that user's log in keychain. Thanks, Tom  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FYI: Office 2008 12.3.1 updater

Had the same issue with the 12.3.0 updater, just deploying the .mpkg as delivered by Microsoft, even if I tweak the permissions of the .mpkg before copying it into the JSS via Casper Admin, it mangles the permissions on the installed apps following t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy chaining questions

Imagine a policy chain of four policies (for example, "Preflight", "removeSW#1", "removeSW#2", and "installSW") with a manual policy trigger on each policy with a Run Command at the end of each policy that has a jamf policy trigger which leads to the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search Domains

Hey all- Has anyone else experienced any strange behavior with Lion's DNS not searching in root search domains? We have found that if we rely on DNS to provide the search domains for our machines, as we always have, it will only search the provided s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 14.1.3 update - deployment fails

Hello all,I would like to deploy Office 2011 14.1.3 update the same way I did in the past for version 14.1 and 14.1.2.I simply added the original MS installer (mpkg) to Casper Admin and created a policy to install it at user login. It sounds like the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delay policy execution

Hi guys, I'm trying to recreate the behaviour of Munki/Windows Updater using Casper & jamfHelper. The jamfHelper commad has a delay option. Is there anyway to write the delay to a file, then after the delay passes manually trigger a policy? Regards, ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari packaging

Dear all,I would need to package Safari including the passwords saved (for a website to be auto login ).I know the password should be saved on Keychain. So I made a package including the Keychain of the user and Safari from LibraryStill not working.I...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual image?

Is it possible to use casper to dual boot Snow Leop and Lion? Or do I need to manually install one? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 Page: (224)532.3447 Team Lead ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Portable Casper drive - a couple issues

We are creating some portable Casper drives for our techs. Everything seems to work except... When invoking Custom Install option in Casper Imaging (where the tech would pick additional PKG installers). When a tech selects a PKG that has "Must instal...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

colorsync profiles not installed with printer

Hi, I am trying to deploy a Konica Minolta Bizhub C35P printer in our school and I am having difficulties getting the colorsync profile to deploy with it. Deploying the printer driver works fine using Casper, but when I try to deploy the printer conf...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reset Admin password

Is there a script that allows me to change the "admin" account password? Itis the administrator account on the client macs. Thanks,Kevin HillAlbany ISDTech Director / Assistant PrincipalLion Pride  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wacom Tablet Packaging??

Hi Folks, We are trying to deploy our Wacom Tablet software/driver to our Macs and I cannot find a way to install it either in a configuration using Casper Admin or remotely using Apple Remote Desktop. Anyone successful in packaging a Wacom tablet so...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store removal Snow Leopard

How did you all remove the App Store from your build or users Macs? Did you only remove the dock item? Did you run a Managed Pref. in Casper? Did you only do a Restricted Software for App Store.app? Thanks ![external image link](attachments/ab5dd690b...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x device/user auth

Has anyone worked on 802.1x configs where you've attempted a device AND user auth? I've only ever configured user based setups – so I'm a little unsure of how you'd go about configuring for both. Regards,Matt Bentley  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Menu Bar Items

How can I just have the clock and the volume icon show in the menu bar for any user that logs on? I have created a Menu Bar Item package with composer using my local admin account and then set this to fill the user template, but whenever I log on as ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

setting default user picture for local users?

Hi guys, Any idea how to set all local accounts Login Window user icon? For nw accounts, i swap out /System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityAgentPlugins/loginwindow.bundle/Contents/Resources/DefaultUserIcon.tiff with my company one.. but can't seem to s...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Login Window Profile Replacement 10.7

I'm trying to get a 10.7 equivalent to the Login Window Profile used in 10.6. I have a user based one that works, but it doesn't get the proper Kerberos ticket on wireless. They all show 1953 as the year. Apple has mentioned using the Server Profile ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repairing tables takes forever!

Hi all, I had a broken database and I am running repair tables and it is taking forever (so far 2 hours). I wonder is this expected behaviour? Here are the details: MySQL db: 17GBJSS v7.31MacOS X Server 10.6.8 Regards Cem PS: I have tried to send it ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x User Profile import & export issues

Hi All, Our internal wireless network uses/requires 802.1x. I'm trying to export the correctly setup 802.1x Profile using the below: sudo networksetup -export8021xUserProfiles ~/Desktop But i get the error: ** Error: Error writing data to file. I've ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service and InstallLion.pkg

I've been testing out InstallLion.pkg via Self Service and it works pretty well. The whole process is pretty straightforward. Just create a policy triggered by none (Self Service) add the InstallLion.pkg. The only thing I added to the policy is /sbin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion and Startup Items Folder

I just wanted to let any Lion testers know that /System/Library/StartupItems has been removed and that if you send packages there to be processed by a first run script you will need to create the folder prior to imaging. Casper Imaging kept quitting ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors