Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Anyone got a working 10.7.2 image?

I'm using the same methods as I did with 10.7.1 but the results are not as successful: Upload the installESD.dmg to the caspershare Tell casper the dmg file is an OS installer Create a new config with no management, the installESD.dmg and the java in...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

National User's Group

Hey Casper list people, Who all is going to this? At first it looks like I wasn't going to be able to go, but now it looks like I am. So, I can finally meet with some of you in person. Hope to see some of you there, Tom  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can not get preinstall script to work during imaging

I have a package that i want to install at imaging time that will nuke all the fonts on the image and only add back these fonts in the package. I have taken the time to find out what are the base OS fonts needed and want to remove the rest. I have it...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import ca cert error reading file

Hi guys, I'm seeing the below error when trying to import a cert using the import cert script from the resource kit. I'm only seeing this when deploying the cert @ imaging & then running the script as part of my 1st boot. Any pointers? Script Result:...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Location information

Does anyone have an extension attribute or other means of extracting an OS X or iOS device's location at that moment? And if so, is there an easy way to integrate something like a Google Map with that info into your JSS? -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FYI- Install Lion app is now 10.7.2

Re-downloaded it this morning, the installESD.dmg file is 10.7.2.--Nick KalisterDesktop EngineeringHitachi Data SystemsOffice: 408.970.4316 750 Central ExpresswayBuilding 32 : M/S 3240Santa Clara, CA 95050  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

no usage logs after the 8.1 upgrade

I just noticed usage logs are still listed but not being populated. I went into all inventory options for accounts and I don't see anywhere or any box I can check to turn usage logs on and off again. Anyone else seeing this? It is a handy feature for...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Profiles in JSS 8.3?

Has anyone tried this with any success yet? I created one with some basic settings, but it doesn't seem to be making it to the clients that it's scoped to. Zeb SmithLead End User Support Analyst, Kent State University330.672.2278(w) 330-474-9327(m)KS...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable icloud 1st boot

Use mxc and disallow access to the prefpane its there for a reason, so admins can administer! Best not move it because you don't know what you may screw up  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Image build version

Is there a way to put either a text file or some type of file in the core images? For instance, I have my core build (virus protection, MS office, Firefox, etc.) and it is version 1.0 and I want it in the image so if the help desk takes a ticket and ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger for Self Service Adobe Point Product Installs

Good morning. I have packaged each of our Adobe point products and they are available from Self Service. I have developed a script that determines if a machine has enough hard drive space available for the download and install. How can I ask the scri...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Feature - Manage, distribute and remove App Store apps

Manage, distribute and remove App Store apps The Casper Suite is now able to automatically deploy App Store apps to iOS 5 devices. Paid apps may also be distributed using Volume Purchase Program (VPP) apps. Additionally, apps may be distributed as ma...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7.2 Final posted to mac app store

10.7.2 final is posted to Mac App Store now for your downloading andimaging pleasure. John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 Page: (224)532.3447 Team Lead DEI: Matt Beir...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Populate Email field from AD

I am looking for a way to query my AD server so that I can populate the email address field during a Casper Inventory with the last users' email address. Our Macs stay with one user for the life of the machine for the most part… I can only imagine th...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable iCloud at first boot

With the release of the 10.7.2 update a Lion machine prompts users at first login to configure iCloud. Has anyone figured out how to disable this at image time yet? Paul Austin End User Computing, Platform Engineering Wells Fargo | 1525 West W.T. Har...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote rename of iOS devices?

Hi all, I'm a new user of the JSS server for mobile device management, and I'm wondering if it's possible to rename iOS devices outside of iTunes somehow. I'm used to using Workgroup Manager to manage our Macs. Thank you for any clarification you can...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Self Service

I am new to Casper and only got it all up and running in the jump start session yesterday. Yesterday when I went to the Mobile Device App Catalogue and search for an app store app I got results. Today I'm not getting results. I was wondering if this ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for Displays/Monitors

Hi Casper list, I was wondering if anybody is currently using an extension attribute to retrieve Display/Monitor info from your JSS clients. Basically I will like to get Model Name/Screen size based on the extension attribute. I'm trying to find the ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Location Services

Does anyone know how to disable location services either through MCX or ascript? I'm not having too much luck finding anything on how to disable it. ThanksBrian  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Verify Startup Disk

Do any of you use the Verify Disk option in your policies? I'm wondering what happens if a problem is detected. Is there any type of notification given to the user? Does it get flagged in the policy log? Thanks,Tom ------- Tom AndersonApple Network E...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting iOS version

Hey List, I have a question that could be answered with a Casper solution, but mostly wanted to get an idea of how/if people are doing this. We have a number of iOS devices that need to be kept at different versions for QA testing. Is there a way for...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Root

I work for a School District and our admin password before we had JAMF was compromised and since then has been changed. But I believe while the students knew the admin password they enabled the root account on several computers. How do I disable it r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

close ssh for local admin account while on public internet

Hi list, I'm sure I'll work this out, but just in case someone has already invented this particular wheel.. My casper Macs have two local admin accounts, one used by casper and one used by tech staff While our password for the tech admin account is n...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Track Admin accounts

I need a way to track all the admin accounts on our laptops. I would like this ability because I work for a school district and the students enjoy trying to compromise the admin password. One student has done this year and i found out because of the ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

disk repair via netboot

We are looking for the best way to automate the disk repair process (ofthe internal boot drive). I did a little searching in the JAMF listsarchive but didn't really find a workflow other than: Creating a diskless netboot image. Setting the target mac...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot over WAN

Hi I've created a Distribution Point which is Located in Hong Kong. NetBoot works fine, the problem I have is when Casper Imaging is launchedand it needs to connect back to the master Server, it fails. (https://server.domain.com:8443)) I also can not...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors