Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Office 2011 has been officially released.

Info here; http://www.microsoft.com/mac/support Regards, Ben. Grey Communications Group LimitedRegistered No. 1795794, Registered in EnglandRegistered Office The Johnson Building, 77 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8JS VAT Number GB 404 6245 78 For Corpo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office 2008 12.2.7 update error

We have a policy to deploy Microsoft Office 2008, works fine (installed version 12.2.0). We downloaded the 12.2.7 updater but it fails: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=abd05074-8ffc-41a4-a2f3-1d8047574552 The error is too ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Smart Groups

When I first started with Casper 7.1 I started entering in dozens of Smart Groups, but quickly discovered the 7.1 glitch in not updating Smart Groups. I finally upgraded to 7.3.1 this weekend, but I'm noticing that the incorrect memberships are carry...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

inventory - depreciated machines taking up licenses

We're trying to use a method of inventory that allows us to keep all our system records in once place - the JSS.To do this, machines that are decommissioned remain in the JSS, but we uncheck the "Managed" box in the computer info. This works well for...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking for good mass email program

I just had two secretaries switch from PCs to Mac and in the processlost the software they were using to send weekly email updates to allthe students' parents. I am desperately looking for an easy to use massemail program that works on the Mac. No ht...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife '11

Anyone got a copy of iLife 11 yet? Looks like all of the apps areindividually packaged now and not combined into a mpkg. It wouldn't betoo bad except that there's 20+ individual pkg files.  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

SEP RU6 testing - a couple process questions

Hello list gurus, We were asked to start testing Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac (RU6 11.0.6100). The installer requires uninstall of old version, Symantec provides script: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH10348...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari restrictions on iPads

Hi List, my first post. We're getting training on Casper soon and I'm very enthusiastic about learning more. For now, we have a customer that wants to use iPads for ultra cool kiosks. They want the customers to be able to flick through a presentation...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

computer naming issue when replacing HD

So, yet another weird quirk I found today... I just got 100 new hard drives in for 100 Macbooks I have that are out of warranty and all have bad hard drives. I have replaced about 40 HDs today and imaged each machine. 9 times out of 10 the Macbook wi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

appProtd Process???

Anyone know what the appProtd process is? It's seen in activity monitor but nowhere else. I can't find a file anywhere and google returns one result (some guy's twitter page). This process is pegging someone's system pretty hard. Not sure whether it'...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for Proxy Settings (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIEDCaveats: FOUO Below is a small script that we use to quickly add the locked proxyconfigs to each successive version of Firefox before deploying it. Theconfig.obscure_value, 0 removes the need for bit shifting.: Usage: fire...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Scope

Is there a way within JSS to scope a policy to a subset of managed devices (via Segment) as well as to Administrators? I'd like all policies to show up in Self Service for our Admin group (via AD group membership) as well as the specific managed clie...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS on Windows Server or Virtualized OSX 10.6.x

Casper Suite 7.3 Administrator's Guide on page 15 states: "The JAMF Software Server (JSS) can be installed on any platform running Java 6, Tomcat, andMySQL." Am I to understand this as any OS or any *NIX OS that is running these softwares? If Windows...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Losing Admin Group

So far I've had this happen to 2 machines (one running 10.5.8, another running 10.6.4): The admin group is gone. The Casper managed account does not have admin rights and neither does the user account. On the 10.5 machine the root account had been di...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Usage Data for a Group

Hi all, I'm looking for a way to pull all "Computer Usage Data" from Casper's logs for a static or smart group of machines. I can see how to get all logins (in the 100,00s) at a max of 2500 a page or how to see all logins/outs for a single computer. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for Proxy Settings

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help, I am trying to write a script thatwill basically enable/disable proxy settings for all network interfaces ( sothat it will work on Mac Pros and MacBook Pros) the basic idea is that when the script is ran it wi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compliance alerting

Looking to have emails sent to a list or person that trigger when a machine falls out of compliance. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how to go about doing this? I realize a Smart Group would work for people going in or out of a group, but more s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with Smart Groups for JSS 7.1

Hi All,I am trying to create an smart group which will shows the computers that not reported to JSS Last_Contect_30_daysFor that I am chossing Last Contact Time in the Computer Info Field and chosing search type as “more than x days ago” from the dro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass Printer Import

Hey I'm new to Casper (only been using it for a few weeks) and so far I'menjoying the amount of things it does for me. The one thing I'm not so happy with is the method for creating printers.It's great for individual printers but no so great for lots...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Beginning Scripting Information Request

Hi All, I would like to introduces myself, and ask for advice related tobeginning scripting. My company just bought Casper Suite 7.3.1 and ourJumpStart is soon to be scheduled for probably around the beginning ofDecember. I am the lucky person to lea...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

weird self service issue

I have an on going issue with self service. It just loads the blank blue screen. All command line binaries work. I can run the following with zero issues on all machines: recon manage checkJSSConnection upgrade policy However, a decent number of mach...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS update on Linux

I posted a few months ago that I'd moved my JSS to a virtual linux server.I had hoped to fully document and share my procedures and experiences withthis setup in this forum, but, alas, things being as busy as they are,documentation is the first thing...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off topic Itunes ping

Has anyone had any luck disabling ping in itunes without disabling the itunes store? I need to do this before we release iTunes 10. Sean  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

installing from cache

So I am about to cache out a bunch of digital text books, then install from cache. Can you just check the box that says install all packages from cache in your policy, and will it install after it caches? Or, do you create one policy to cache and the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 for Mac deploy

I am not sure who all has access to Office 2011 for Mac already, but we have the full final version from Microsoft. We currently have Office 2008 for Mac deployed currently to our base. What we would like to do is start rolling out the new version to...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors