Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Scoping Inventory

Is there anyway of granting inventory rights to a user, but scoping it to a specific smart computer group or static computer group? We have a non-IT group that is purchasing 20 macbook pros for a class they run and they want to have access to the inv...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

# software updates available

Anyone seeing the # of software updates available not being reflected properly? We have an internal SUS that we point users to via MCX (via Casper) with the complete catalog URL string and machines that obviously require patches (e.g. On 10.6.2) show...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

BigFix Client version extension attribute

As per subject, save the below & you’ll get either the version of the BigFix Client installed.. Or you’ll get a message of Not Installed. This is Mac only for now, I’ll have an attempt at the VBScript when I can... Unless someone else wants to finish...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Items - App Allocation

Crew: I'm having great success with customizing specific dock items being added via policy, however is there anyway to order the items in the dock? (Ex: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Entourage) I'd like to keep all of the MS Office tiles together, everyth...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

FW: netinstall creator, 10.5.8 & ARD

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:07:00 +0100To: Dan DeRusha Subject: Re: [Casper] netinstall creator, 10.5.8 & ARD Thanks... spoke to jamf support & they weren't sure if this was the case.. Anyoneelse find this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

netinstall creator, 10.5.8 & ARD

I've a 10.5.8 bootable Os with ard set to the local user & i can remote fine.. But when I create a Netinstall of the os, it boots fine.. But we can't then ard onto it.. Is this normal? Sent from my iPadGrey Communications Group LimitedRegistered No. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 7.21 on 10.5.8

Anyone having issues with it? I've spent most of my week recreating out neboot images as since we've upgraded to 7.21 The imaging process seems to stall on the initial OS block copy or custom os copy. Sent from my iPadGrey Communications Group Limite...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone doing Live LDAP lookups?

Mine doesn't seem to actually be doing anything. Anyone successfully doing this? j--Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood StreetLexington, Massachusetts 02420781.981.5436  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.2.1 Remove User Policy, 10.6.4 client

I get the following message in console and the policy won't execute on the client. Any ideas? Getting Management Framework from the JSSThere is a problem with your syntaxError: Could not connect to the JSSType "jam help" for more information  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Mac Mini - No Security Slot

Hello All, I just wanted to share some information regarding the new Mac Mini beforeanyone, particularly in education, decides to purchase these. There is no security slot (kensington style slot) on the new Mac Mini.Depending on how you choose to sec...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone upgraded JSS to 10.6.4?

Hi folks, I normally wait a week or so for major updates before trying it on anything other than my own machine. However, I'm in a bit of a Catch-22. My JSS is also my Apple Software Update Server. As anyone who's used Snow Leopard Server can tell yo...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Location info

Do any of you guys use any of the "Location Info" in your scripts? For instance, if I wanted to use the phone number or the email address in a script? Peter  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

capture and deploy Network Preferences

I am trying to capture a package to deliver with Casper imaging or policy after imaging to change System Preferences to add a DNS Server static ip and Search Domain.We are reimaging and changing domains. Autobind works across domains but then I have ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed laptops login delay

Started managing mac laptops with casper but been running into a loginproblem. Laptops takes 3 - 5 mins to login. When the laptops are connectedto our network they login just fine. This is a problem when these laptopsare off campus. Is there anyway t...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feature Request: Casper Admin

I like the feature in Casper Admin that shows us a checkmark next to aconfig if the package/script selected is in that config. What I would loveto be able to do is click on a package/script and find out if it is beingused in any policies. Thoughts? A...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6.4 released...hoping it helps NetBoot i5/i7

Hi Jeff, After a bit more troubleshooting (thanks Steve!), it looks like NetBoot is not assigning an IP to the new 27" Late 2009 iMac. We reviewed the NetBoot logs. So this may not be an image issue at all. Funny, not having this problem with the old...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MakeUserAdmin script

Hi- Not sure if this is of use to anyone, but I may as well share. Wedistribute Admin rights with a script that basically does a dscl . -append/Groups/admin GroupMembership . At first, we could only do one at a time so I expanded the script toaccommo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco CUPC package changes permissions

Cisco CUPC client package is changing permissions to that new users cannot use the Application. It is just a small client package but sure is a pain. I have tried about every combination in Composer and Casper Admin that I can think of......Any sugge...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feature Request. Triggers

We use the same package in different scenarios which currently requiresmultiple policies. Scenarios: One package and companion scripts installed through self-service or akeyword. Right now we need a policy for each scenario. This gets to be verycumbe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5 Design Premuim

Hello all, I'm sure this was discussed already but I have not seen thepost. I just downloaded the CS5 from Adobe LWS site in one DMG and it allworks fine, I noticed that Acrobat Pro isn't included in this package,are you creating a custom package fro...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fixed Size Partitions via Configurations

Hello Folks, In Casper Admin 7.21, I want to create a Configuration and use the "Additional Partitions" feature to set the target drive (Macintosh HD) to a fixed size, then create two additional partitions, one with a fixed size and one taking the re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Updates, ihook, & growlnotify

Hello, I'd like to know how you guys are doing software update. I do not yet have any internal sus servers, but would like to begin playing with it. Do any of you use ihook or growlnotify for displaying information to the user when installing softwar...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quicktime won't run after imaging

Has anyone run into a problem with Quicktime Player in 10.6.3? If I image amachine with OS 10.6.3 and our full config, I get the following when I openQuicktime Player: Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreAU...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging partitioning fails silently

Has anyone had the partioning fail without throwing any error message? Or had a winclone installation fail w/out error? I'm having an issue using Casper Imaging to partition and image a Bootcamp configuration. I'm netbooting to an OSX image and then ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition with Composer

Hey Has anyone had any success packaging Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition with Composer? I've tried it as a new/modified snapshot and packaged the contents with a .dmg. When it installs on top of a live machine with entourage already installed it ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors