Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Wonky 27" Late 2009 iMacs

I got a call on Friday about a shipment of i5/i7 27" iMacs that won't boot from our existing 10.6.2 NetBoot image. I called JAMF and was told to follow the usual, update the iMac totally, then go Target Disk Mode and use Composer to create a DMG of t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS4 Install During Imaging Not Logging In

Y'all may recall that I posted to the list a few months ago about Casper notlogging in during imaging time to install CS4. Well, I opened a supportticket and JAMF was able to determine there was a bug in 10.6 that waspreventing the auto login to happ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unrelated - mail command not working in script

Hello, I have an rsync backup script that creates log files when it runs. Those log files are then sent to my team using the mail command. This works perfectly when run manually, but when run as a Launch Daemon, the mail piece doesn't work. I know th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging iLife 09

In Composer with the newest diffs (as of 6-9-10) I am trying to package a preinstalled iLife 09 full. When I open Composer it doesn't so up there is a bunch of 06' and 08' iLife files, even an iLife 08' Full but no 09' anything. I have no iLife files...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

BigFix & jss

We're being pressured into installing the BigFix Client onto our Managed Macs. Looks like they are just going to use the BigFix Console for reporting on Power Consumption & Patch state, so we'll still run everything else through the JSS. Has anyone f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition

So I looked at the Adobe Application Manager and was all excited that itwould make a pkg. Well it dose, but it looks like it is all script base.Has anyone tired to put a package in a configuration, will it work atimaging time. My guess is now but wan...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help emailing Tom larkin

Thomas , if u get this can u email me, as it looks like ur mail server has my email addresses banned as I get a send error when ever I send u an email Cheers Criss Sent from my iPad  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass Delete policies?

So many old outdated policies.... deleting one at a time so boring. Is there a way to mass delete them? ------------------------------------------------Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand --Kurt Vonnegut Eric Youngeyoung at thayer.org781...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creative Suite System Requirements

Just started fleshing out our self-service & called adobe to get links for cs3, cs4 & cs5's system requirements. Links are below, hope it's useful.. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/836/cpsid_83666.htmldesign premium http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/836/cpsid_83665....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

List serve bullies

Dear JAMF, Please remove Don Montalvo, aka donmontalvo at gmail.com, for his unnecessary and unwanted attacks on this JAMF sponsored Listserv. This form of internet bullying cannot be tolerated on a medium we pay tens of thousands of dollars per year...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS backups failing (4K files)

Is anyone having problems with JSS backups showing up as 4K? Here's what we're seeing: $ ls -lh total 12739264 -rwxr-xr-x 1 casperadmin staff 181M May 11 03:07 2010-05-11_03-00-00.sql.gz -rwxr-xr-x 1 casperadmin staff 258M May 17 03:09 2010-05-17_03-...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Partitioning

We have Macbooks running boot camp and Windows. The school has nowdecided that they want the Windows partition made smaller. Has any everbeen successful at repartitioning with Casper without reimaging the Macside of the computer. I have tried sending...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to delete domain coumputer objects...

Hi guys, I'm looking for a way to script removal of a computer object from OD & AD... It'll be served via self-service, so that local it guys can remove computers from OD before rebuilding without having access to WGM.... Where can I start looking fo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Extension Attributes?

Is there any way to scope an extension attribute to a particular group (e.g. Test group)?? j--Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood StreetLexington, Massachusetts 02420781.981.5...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oddities using mountNetworkShare.sh script

Hello all, I'm trying to use the script in the Resource Kit to automount some AFP shares for users using Kerberos. The script seems to run fine at login, but the shares do not mount. This is what the JSS log tells me: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 7.21Ex...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login while running post image script?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way for me to login to an account via mypostimage script because I need to lock the screen until all of thepostimage installs/configurations are complete. I can't seem to find anycommands that will allow me to do w...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing out Reader 9.0

I was able to push out Adobe Reader 9.0 to all users last year with the help of my Jump Start. I can't for the life of me remember what is needed to be able to push out Reader to NON-admin users. Can a newb get a hand? Karl H. HehrTechnology/Curricul...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Grabbing User's PW at login

Hey I'm writing a login bash script to mount our network shares using the mount_smbfs command and I'm trying to grab user's pw at login. If you run this line in terminal | security 2>&1 >/dev/null find-generic-password -ga USERNAME_HERE | awk '{print...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Admin rights to mobile AD user accounts

I'm new to Casper and have been asked to create a policy that removes adminrights for most of the user base at this location. The JSS is fully updated(7.2.1) and the client machines are all running 10.5.8. The users are allActive Directory mobile acc...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

is this possible, or is this a feature request?

I admit, I have not had time to actually look into this at the moment but one of my co-workers asked me this today when I was upgrading one of our servers. He wanted to know if he could run a real-time console or log while running Casper Imaging sinc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Storing base image locally.

Is anyone utilizing a "recovery partition" for local base image storage? If so, could you provide some views as to what led you to the decision and your impressions of the outcome? Thanks, thom  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute: Parallels VM listing

I am going to be upgrading my users from Parallels 4 to 5 via Casper and Iam running into issues with existing *.pvm after uninstalling 4 andinstalling 5. What I was thinking of doing is just deleting the~/Documents/Parallels folder on each of the ma...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS4 Air Install Hangs

Hi All, Just trying to see if anyone else is seeing this issue. We use the original Adobe CS4 Master College electronic download from Adobefor all of our installs. It would appear that with 10.6.3 it is the AIR install just sits and nevercompletes. N...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Folder on 2nd Partition

Hey All I plan on moving all of our end-user machines to a 2 partition model. The OS will be on the first partition and /Users will be on the second partition. Right now I'm connecting the OS with /Users through a symlink. ln -s /Volumes/UserData/Use...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute: Screensaver Time

So every now and then I'll post an EA we're using to find various things. We find that EAs are becoming much better at reporting for us to give us an overview on how secure we are. I present to you my EA for determining a user's screen saver time set...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors