Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Jamf Reset passcode settings

Maybe I am trying to do the impossible here, but I am trying to setup up an iPad that will have multiple users using Jamf Setup/Reset, but a shared passcode. The trouble with this setup is that when the user uses Jamf Reset to clear out their session...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Third-Party Preference Panes

We are looking for a way to Restrict Third-Party Preference Panes created by Backblaze. Any suggestions?I found a way to hide it but we want to restrict it so it cannot be accessed. We use restriction payload to restrict the inbuilt Preference Panes ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Static Group Adds

Morning. Was hoping someone could provide some direction here.I created a static computer group called "Archive" to keep track of all retired computers. I imported these machines by serial number using the MUC tool. All seemed to be going well. I the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profiles matching CIS Benchmarks?

Hi everyone!I was wondering if someone knows of a tool or repository where we can find configuration profiles that match the CIS Benchmarks for macOS. At my organization we have JAMF protect and we can see compliant/non compliant devices in regards t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

macOS Upgrade During Enrollment

Hi all, We have a fleet of Mac Minis that were left on Sierra (10.12.6) by another department. This year we're taking over these and plan to manage them via Jamf Pro, We wanted to upgrade the OS to allow us to use NoMAD. We tried to package the "Inst...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MUT issue

I've tried importing the CSV file using the updated MUT format, however it isn't transferring to JAMF.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monterey 12.2 update not installing

We have been experiencing issues with several of out managed devices which seem to be unable to successfully install the 12.2 update released this week. From what we have seen, the installer downloads and runs successfully, but after the system reboo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Changing default browser

Hi all!We are currently testing our implementation of Jamf Pro Cloud. I am trying to set Chrome as the default browser for my organization, but I cannot find the option to do that through Jamf. And anything online about this is over a few years old. ...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snagit 2022 Install successfully failing

So I've followed the documentation here: https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007344888-Enterprise-Install-Guidelines-for-Snagit-on-MacOSAnd I can't get this thing to install. Specifically, i'm just trying to push Snagit out to our mach...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gmetrix Adobe Plugins Capture (Solved)

Hello!I have successfully packaged, deployed, and tested the GMetrix plugins for Adobe CC 2021. This works for both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs.Using Composer:Download the GMetrixSMSe.app from their website Open composer and create/start capturing a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

JAMF Console (On-Prem) pages are blank

I am running a testing On-Prem environment with JSS Built-in Certificate Authority. Most of the console pages are blank. It shows the left side menu but nothing on the right side. It also loads the Settings page. Dashboard, Policies, Config profiles ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers not showing in scope

Hi Folks. I'm new to Jamf and having a bit of a head scratcherI've registered 6 iMac via the Apple Configurator method to make the managed by the school and when I look under prestage I can see them. When I click on computers and search for the, I ca...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing firewall exceptions on Monterey

We have a configuration profile which enables the builtin firewall for the devices. It happens from time to time that developers are testing some applications and would accidentally deny the prompt for allowing access due to various reasons. Now, in ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

renaming machines globally

Greetings,I'm looking for a way to rename my machines based on global location (UK, APAC, US, EMEA) and usernameI have a script that I inherited that is using an API but it's crapped out and I'm not sure why. I'm trying to find a way to automate this...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors