Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

FileVault 2 Smart Group Problem

Hey,I have a problem in my environment where I have a Smart Group ("FileVault Eligible Devices") set up according to best practice. (https://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/jamf-pro/administering-filevault-macos/10.30.0/Creating_Smart_Computer_Groups_...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro pricing

My company is looking at purchasing Jamf Pro and hosting on prem, managing approximately 3000ish Macs. Does anyone have a ballpark figure of what it would cost seat per year? Looking at the pricing on their website it looks like they are giving figur...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monterey "Jamf wants access to control finder"

Hi All,We didn't have this issue deploying to Big Sur or earlier.Since installing Monterey and testing policys against it were are hit with "Jamf wants access to control finder" and "Terminal wants access to control finder". The existing PPPC seem to...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 3 kudos

Fixing a broken enrollment

I have a computer that's previously enrolled but no longer checking in. I run recon using IP address enrollment and get an error "jamf binary failed to install"When I ssh into the computer and do any jamf command I get this error"dyld: Library not lo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Post Install Script File Location?

I have a .dmg need to be placed where the Composer Post Script is running.I am trying to get Beyond Trust to install and I am using "franton's bomgar pre and post install scripts"The preinstall scripts works 100% no issuethe postinstall script only w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remove User Level Configuration Profile

Hello, everyone,we added our existing MacBooks to jamf via UIE. The devices still have manually installed user profiles under System Settings - Profiles. Certificates were distributed with the configuration profile. Is there a way to uninstall this p...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packages Distribution Point Settings for Policies

For those of you using Jamf Cloud instances, I'm curious if you've ever run into issues with policies downloading large ( > 5GB) files when using the "Each computer's default" distribution point rather than the "Cloud" distribution point. I have one ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single SSO Login for enrollment and Apple ID?

I'm looking to simplify the enrollment process as much as possible for my users (students). I have configured Azure AD SSO and Federated Users in Apple School Manager. However, while the user is prompted for their SSO login during the enrollment, aft...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM connection lost with non-removable MDM profile

Hi,every now and then I come across a Mac which stopped communicating with the Jamf server and Apple's MDM.As our MDM profile is non-removable I have the question how to uninstall it? Sending the MDM-removal command obviously will not work nor jamf r...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

EFI password randomly required.

Hi all, We have enabled EFI for our mac users. Randomly some machines are locked and require EFI pwd. Issue happens often after a reboot.Anyone faced the issue ? Any tricks here?Regards,Mohamed  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Training Course 370

We currently use Cisco Umbrella and Secure Endpoint. I'm extremely interested in taking the course, but it seems like it is an expensive sales pitch for Jamf Protect. I can't be the only person happy with their current AV suite but always wanting to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Admin on distribution point

Hello to all,Is it possible to use JAMF ADMIN replication on the same macos server that shares files?The program tries to map the smb but it is not possible. macOS does not let you mount the same network drive that you share.Any ideas? I've tried ena...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Remote Update Manager Issues

Hello all,I'm having seeing some weird issues with Adobe Remote Update Manager, which I use via policy to patch our Adobe Creative Cloud apps. For some reason, I have applications that will no longer update to their latest minor versions of Creative ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Report to include eSIM Phone Number

I'm attempting to create a report that lists our active phones, which is simple. In the report configuration, I can include the "Device Phone Number" from the Display-->Device section which is great when the cellular connection comes from a physical ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

IPP Printing?

Has anyone managed to get IPP printing working from macOS?We are predominately a Windows shop and our print server is hosted on a Windows 2019 Server VM. As SMB is no longer a possibility, I set up an IPP queue on it and am attempting to send jobs to...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run Jamf Server Tools on Mac with Jamf on Ubuntu?

Hello every one,I'm trying to run Jamf Server Tool from a Mac to connect to our Jamf Pro server we have on a Ubunto server. Is this even possible? I really don't know how to manage it to work. Is there anybody who can give me some guide lines how to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Okta Extension for Safari

spent 2 hours to figured out how to enable Okta extension for Safari, post it here if someone need it. #!/bin/zsh # Safari Extensions File Path(my is macos 11.6): # ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Safari/Data/Library/Safari/WebExtensions/Extensions.pl...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors