Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.34.1 Release Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we're releasing an update for Jamf Pro that addresses critical security issue CVE-2021-44228. For details on how we’re addressing this vulnerability across the Jamf platform, please see this Jamf Nation post. We strongly reco...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 8 kudos

Lab setup

Hi All, I am setting up a lab site in our exciting JAMF environment. All that is needed is a word editor and Chrome for browsing. What is the best approach to achieve this? I'm trying to avoid getting the setup from our all managed Samrt group.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Tab Blank after deploying configuration profile

Having a strange issue. Created a 802.1x network configuration profile in April and everything works on my test machines. As the months passed I found that some users could not connect to the corporate wireless even though the profile and PKI cert we...  View more

802.1x tab.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to clone iphones with jamf

Hi guys, we are new to jamf. My user received their first company owned iphone that is registered with ABM.The problem is that they are not able to clone their existing iphones. There is no option to do that, they only are able to restore a previous ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Old versions of macOS not working

Hi all, anyone having luck with the old macOS app store links on HT211683 Stopped working for our teams this morning, which is a concern because we're still deploying Big Sur due to some Monterey incompatibilities on mandatory security apps.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Facetime not supported

We block Facetime in our environment in Restricted Software. We haven't had any issues or prompts or errors, but we are not getting prompts at login from the Restricted Software Policy on Monterrey only. Wondering how we can hide/suppress these messa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Third-Party Security Issue

Update 12/28On December 9, 2021, a Remote Code Execution (RCE) vulnerability (CVE-2021-44228) was identified in the log4j library (https://www.lunasec.io/docs/blog/log4j-zero-day/). The log4j project released version 2.15 to address this issue. New i...  View more

• 62 replies
  • 10 kudos

AD CS Deploy for Two Instances at the same time

Is it possible to have multiple instances use the same ADCS server at the same time? I've been told yes, but the ADCS deployment appears linked to a specific cloud instance. How do you generate an additional client certificate for use with the second...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro Server OS

I'm coming into an environment using on-prem JAMF that needs a rebuild/migration. Based on system requirements for 10.18 it supports RHEL 7 and Windows 2019. Is there anything to consider when choosing OS? Caveats that come to mind? Experiences you'v...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

RCE 0-day exploit found in log4j

hello together!A zero day exploit has been found which affects the latest version of jamf.https://www.lunasec.io/docs/blog/log4j-zero-day/This exploit affects the java logger log4j, which is used by Jamf. If you are hosting an onpremise version, take...  View more

• 42 replies
  • 6 kudos

IOS 15 WIFI Disconnect

Greetings all, So I'll try and give a quick rundown of what we are doing. I work for a school district and we have a specific SSID for the students and their iPads. With that said we have a config profile that has the into to AutoJoin them to said sp...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self Service Fails for M1

We got our first M1 Chip laptop and installed Self Service but when the user clicks to install anything. It fails but it works fine on my x86 Machine. Weird issue is when I push the install it works, I am just confused about why self service fails on...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

root3 Support app - custom logo not appearing?

I configured the wonderful Support app today, and everything seems to be working the way I want it to, except for the custom logo I'd like to use (our institution's logo). I edited the image size down to 48x48, and put the file in the recommended loc...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attribute value as a script parameter?

We have a EA script pulling in a value that we would then like to use in a script.The script is currently set with a $4 value so it uses the Parameter Value set in the first field when adding the script as payload to a policy, anyway to allow this $4...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost macbook showed up in JAMF

We had an unmanaged macbook (at the time) go missing earlier this year. When we moved to JAMF the device was added as a managed device in Apple Business Manager.The missing macbook showed up in JAMF a couple days ago. My understanding is that someone...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Curious on Single App Deployment for macOS

Hey All, Hoping someone can help clarify something for me. Wondering if it is possible to deploy an app/pkg to a computer on a non recurring basis after Enrollment. Example: I create a report of computers that don't have our in-house VPN App for one ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profiles pending and failing

We are in the middle of migrating between Sophos and Defender and have observed a large percentage of our devices don't have the right Defender Configuration profiles required to onboard our devices. Defender has installed fine through policy, but ca...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall Cisco AnyConnect in BigSur and up

Here is a script I made to remove old installations of Cisco AnyConnect that were done back before a choices.xml file was used. #!/bin/bash #This script will uninstall the full install of Cisco AnyConnect with all the modules # It will first look for...  View more

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 9.25.53 AM.png
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to deploy .app

HI,I'm a newbie here @ Jamf Pro. I need to deploy few .APP apps (like FileZilla). I've made a PKG via Composer 10.34.0, but It's failed during the installation. Can you provide me with some tips? Or Link if you have? I've tried to google documentatio...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPhone Delete from the inventory Jamf Pro

Hello,One of my technicians sorted out the iPhones that were no longer communicating with our Jamf and delete all not communicating.But one of the iPhone has reappeared and the MDM PROFILE JAMF PRO is install on it, but we didn't see the product in o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSH and Screen Sharing Issues in Big Sur and Monterey

I've already put in a ticket with Apple and perused the macadmins Slack, but I thought someone here might have had the same issue or know of a fix...We have a fleet of about 3800 machines. Most are Catalina, but we have about 800 running Big Sur and ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors