Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

iPad stuck with Activation Lock

I was trying to document the enrollment process from unbox as part of a POC for JamfPro. I have sent commands to unmanage the iPad and it shows as unmanaged in the inventory. But the device itself still shows an Activation Lock and asks for an Apple ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is considered a successful deployment?

As I am pressed by our IT leadership to reach the holy grail of "100% complete" in software/OS/patching deployments, I thought I would ask other Mac admins in the trenches as to what you consider a "successful" deployment. There are many eyes on crit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NAC On Big Sur

Is anyone using NAC on either WiFi or LAN on Big Sur. Prior to covid, we had it working fine using Catalina, for both network types but had never deployed it, just during testing. Here, 2 years later when we have office's starting to open back up, we...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft AutoUpdate - do not have permission to open

I have a policy configured to push out the MS office 16.51 BusinessPro installer package to a mbp M1. After installation I am able to sign in and open Word/Excel/etc. If i try to open Help->Check for updates. I receive You do not have permission to o...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfnation email notifications: How to "mute"

it's not clear how to prevent jamf nation from sending me "you earned new badge" multiple times a day. I logged in this morning and immediately my inbox was spammed with almost a dozen messages. Terrible default behavior that exactly nobody asked for...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup&sync to Google Drive

Hi All. I am new to JAMF pro and still learning things. Does anyone have a plan of attack to remove backup and sync and install Google Drive to machines that have standard users automatically without administrators coming around to approve configurat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rosetta 2 Uninstalling during upgrades

Anybody else seeing Rossetta uninstalling itself after MacOS updates? This started around 11.3.1Our users do not have admin rights, and we have some network content filter in place that still use Rossetta. During the upadtes to 11.3.1, 11.4, 11.5.1 e...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to upload fonts to configuration profile

Hi,I'm trying to create a configuration profile for distributing fonts, but no matter what file I try to upload (I've confirmed the fonts work fine on a local Mac), I get the following error:"File format not supported." Has anyone run in to this and ...  View more

jonlju_0-1627542856668.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FortiClient 6.4.x Web Content Filter

Currently in the process of deploying FortiClient 6.4.x to macOS devices, however after installing FortiClient 6.4.x, users are seeing a prompt to allow "com.fortinet.forticlient.macos" to filter network content. Does anybody know how to create a con...  View more

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.16.27 am.png
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package for 11.5.1

Anyone been able to grab the security update package for 11.5.1 both arm and intel.Otherwise what is the package name look like when you run a softwareupdate -l then I can build a script to check if peoples machines are seeing it.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profiles best practice

What is the best way to make config profiles, all in 1 or separate them out? Trend Apex one has listed out 6 of them and I wonder if combining them all into one profile is better than having 6 different ones.  View more

swhps_0-1627495665073.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Way to watch for jamf removal?

We are having a problem with devices removing themselves from Jamf (jamf server logs indicate it received a 401 error). The problem is that since it seems pretty random, we need to get an alert when it drops so we can start to narrow down times. What...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silent install issue with Fireeye HX agent v33.51.0

Last week our cyber security team provided us the newest Fireeye client for Mac OS 11.Installing via Jamf Pro Cloud pkg is causing a dialog for the user to consent to the P2BNL68L2C.com.fireeye.helper system extension. It's the same dialog on a stand...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamfnation forum UI question

How does one change the UI of Jamfnation(or whatever it's now called...community?) so that I can actually make use of my 27" monitor?There is so much wasted white space on the right and left side it's ridiculous. I don't have the greatest eyes so the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO Azure AD - Misconfigured application

Hello,I am new here and just in the process of configuring Jamf Pro. Unfortunately I have problems with SSO configuration with AAD. When logging in I get the following error message.What exactly do I need to do in AAD? Thanks in advance.Florian  View more

fmoennig_0-1627475990410.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

get all process IDs of visible or "windowed" Apps

Hey,I'm looking for a better way to get all process IDs of all opened windows from a user then using this Applescript: osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to get unix id of every application process whose visible is true and name is not "F...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent or Restore MDM Profile Removal

Greetings. My Company use JAMF Pro to manage our macbooks and they had policy that user must have admin access because most of them are Programmer and they must had full capability to their macbooks. One day i found that if i delete MDM Profiles, i c...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email field update

I have a spreadsheet with machine name and serial number of machine. Another field in the file is email address. I want to find a way to update the User / EmailAddress field for each matching machine/serial number in Jamf database. Can that be done a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software updates notifications

Before this new Jamf Nation site update. Good folks here were notifying the Jamf Nation community of Software Updates, both third party and Apple that are made available in a very timely manner. Can anyone tell me where we can find that info in this ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

DockUtil not carrying over some icons

Hey everyone! So I have a script I am using and it moves everything into the dock as I want but for certain apps like, launchpad it puts it on the dock without the icon and it doesn't work when clicking it. Any ideas on why this would be?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.31 announced

Found a post on LinkedIn about Jamf Pro 10.31 but I do not see a post here (I'm still learning my ways around the new design). The announcement used to be marked as a sticky.Is it not here?For those interested here is a link to the guide: https://www...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Big Sur 11.5.1 will not install on ARM macs

Intel Macs, 11.5.1 works. Macs not in JAMF including ARM 11.5.1 installs.DEP ARM macs, configured via JAMF prestage will not install 11.5.1. Users are signed in with an admin created via system preferences and one created via the prestage setup.After...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors