Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

temp admin rights not recognized

We've been using a temp admin setup in self service for a while, it's not perfect, but it's seemed to have worked fine. Recently however, we're finding that if users elevate through the self service policy, that some of them need to fully quit the ap...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoCAD 2021 for Mac Deployment

Has anyone successfully gotten this packaged/deployed with Jamf? I referenced this thread but couldn't get it going:https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/35944/autocad-2021-deployment-with-network-server We only need it to be on ~20 macbooks a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Extension_Attributes Error in XML file

This is more for others to find than a question... I've been working on a JavaScript/nodeJS webapp for all our asset tracking, basically bringing all our device management tools together (AD, Meraki, ZenDesk and JAMF) to display all assets owned by a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding application dock item appears with ?

I have a self service policy that installs an application. I added this application to the dock items with JAMF admin. I configured the policy, added the dock item to appear at the end of the dock.when the policy installs the application and adds the...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

OneDrive

Does OneDrive on MacOS work with the SSO, so if the OneDrive client is launched it does not ask for email or folder location. Our Labs are domain joined, I can go to https://myapps.microsoft.com/mydomain and it signs me right in so I know SSO is work...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accounts settings moved to Mail in iOS 14

Hello Apple has moved the accounts settings to Mail and this creates a minor issue as we previously had blocked the built in Mail app so that the only e-mail clients are Outlook/Gmail and now just to be able to sync contacts, calendar etc to the phon...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress Start Using iCloud (Yellow Triangle tag)

Has anyone figured out a way to suppress the yellow triangle tag that requests that the end-user starts using iCloud? I am able to hide the red badges on System Preferences and Apple ID within System Preferences. But I cannot find a way to hide the y...  View more

bf4353d862e0402abc6f69b009777f13
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Private Address iOS 14

Our school uses MAC filter to assign SSID's to iPads (and to block unknown devices from wifi, etc.). iOS 14 wifi per default uses Private Address, which causes problems on new devices and devices which just have been wiped (updates devices seem to wo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 5 kudos

Nomad Launch agent not working with Big Sur 11.0 Beta

we're testing Big Sur 11.0 Beta to be prepared for the upgrade, I noticed that post upgrade nomad launch agent not working, I upgraded nomad to latest version and re-installed "NoMAD-LaunchAgent.pkg" agin with no luck.application is launching at star...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Items To Finder Window Toolbar Programmatically

Hello Apple Nerds, Every now and then I get really weird requests from techs who are trying to automate processes. In this case, someone wanted to automatically add the "Create Folder" and "Trash" icons to their Finder window toolbar. I'm not terribl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Computer Not Enrolling

Hey fellow Jamf admins, We deployed some new computers this week and have run into an issue I've never seen before... For context:We have Apple Business Manager, DEP, and our Jamf token with those services all aligned and it's been working just fine ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Grep for part of a words in a column

Hey all! I am trying to get part of a line that prints out when I echo is in terminal. currently it prints link this,returned:first.last I would like it to print like this,first.last I've tried awk print but it counts the whole line as one column. I'...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect Login P.A.M Module Loop

Hello, I'm testing out the P.A.M module for Jamf Connect Login. I have the configuration profile key configured properly, but when I run a sudo command I am constantly looped back to the Azure AD email entry screen.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP cant boot from external drive

DEP previously configured using DEP, device then unchecked in DEP to not use DEP.Removed device from inventory. Removeframework command executed.All configuration profiles still listed.When i boot to an external boot drive it wont let me because of m...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shipping your own Python3

I have been meaning to share this for a while, but only recently just rebuilt a blog for the first time in a very long time. I have had this in production running for over 1.5 years and have had minimal problems. Hope this helps people who might be c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

iOS Force App Update

Hello All, I have a question about iOS Force Update and how other schools are handling this. On Tuesday, September 15th iOS14 was being released. Around 11:50am CST, several of our iOS apps started updating in the middle of the day. This usually is n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

catalina --eraseinstall command

I have a Catalina upgrade policy without --eraseinstall in the command. So computers running 10.13 or 10.14 can do in place upgrade to 10.15. No problems. I'm wondering if the --eraseinstall command is also added will this then result in the computer...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intitutional Recovery Key

So now that booting into Recovery Mode no longer takes you to the utilities screen without the Personal Recovery Key, is Institutional Recovery now effectively dead? We had a very limited use case for it before so no big loss, but if it's no longer f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Category Restrictions without Parent App?

Hello, I was wondering if category restrictions are possible through the app restrictions in Jamf Pro? I've read its possible Using Jamf Parent but its for users in another country so I would like for it to be as simple as updating a configuration pr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom and color of the classes

Hello. I've had one of our tech staff, of which I am part of, ask me if there is a way to change the color of the individual classes. Right now some of our Specials teachers have maybe 10 to 12 classes and the only way to tell them apart is looking a...  View more

ffcbf29556c84fe3889a4099662bbb26 5260488c1e444579854a2bc178a6928b
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors