Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.9 - Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Good morning, Jamf Nation, We're excited to launch the latest version of the Jamf Pro 10 series - Jamf Pro 10.9 - today. Details about the release and a cloud upgrade schedule are below. My inbox is always open. Let me know if you have any questions ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Delete shortcut from all users desktops

I ran a script that included: sudo rm ~/desktop/"skoolbo" It worked on 4 our of 5 of my test machines so I assumed that the command was correct, but I keep getting: Script result: rm: /var/root/desktop/skoolbo: No such file or directory Why did the c...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfAgent would like to administer your computer...

I'm getting this message on 10.14 Macs even though the Privacy Preferences Policy Control profile is installed. Anyone got any ideas as to why it keeps popping up despite the Privacy Policy profile is installed? I also have the JamfAppleEvents.mobile...  View more

fd487feeaeb04a568e74bfa512d90280
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Custom Screen Savers

I have had the "first glance" request to deploy a custom screen saver of University approved images to the Mac labs on campus. At first glance, the request is just to display the images, but I would believe this will change since we can manage the sc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Exclusions Not Working

We've noticed that when new computers join a smart or static group that is scoped to be excluded from a configuration profile the profile is not removed automatically. We have to go to the configuration profile, click the edit button and immediately ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration of JSS to new Servers

Good Afternoon Nation I will be working on moving our JSS from MacOS to Windows Server 2016.We have two data centers, so I wanted to put one server in each and also have one in our DMZ. (Technically one data center would host 2 servers). Currently we...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

App/Website to Create Config Profiles?

Hi All,This is probably a silly question - but I'm curious as to what others do. How do you all create your custom 3rd party app config profiles? Are you just writing the XML straight? Using an app or web app? I find that MOST of the profiles I need ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Notify - Automation

Hey guys, hope you're having a good day/night. I worked on automating the setup of our laptops at my job. Currently I have policy that has a script that calls other polices to run in order. This runs right after enrollment is complete. Those policies...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf changePassword

Hi. I'm reasonably new to JAMF, having been working with it for about 6 months now. I have a client company who would like to implement some password changes through a Jamf policy. Using jamf help, I see that the verb "changePassword" is an option - ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

User Self Enrollment Issue

Recently been having an issue where it not letting me create enrollment invitations for people to self-enroll themself is anyone experiencing the same issue or have a fix to this we are using Jamf Cloud  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco Jabber Preferences

We have pushed out Cisco Jabber software, we came across an issue where we need to add some Exchange Server info in the Account Preferences of Jabber. Does anyone have experience of how to push settings like this out? Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Splitting Up Office 2016 and 2019 In Smartgroups

Office 2016 and 2019 both use the same 16.X.X versioning right now, so my previous Office 2016 Installed smart group includes both Office 2016 and 2019. This didn't really matter before since I was only putting 2019 on completely new machines on 10.1...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with PreStage Enrollments for computers

Hi, I'm having an odd problem concerning DEP enrolled computers that never leave the "assigned" status in jamf Prestage Enrollment scope, in other words they never reach the "complete" status. I suspect that the PreStage Enrollment config is broken s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lackluster Patch Management

I want to say first and foremost that Jamf as a whole is a great product, however, patch management is terrible. It's missing some really basic features such as scheduling. There are some glaring issues as well. Notifications are basically non existe...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 10 kudos

Transitioning to Self Service Mobile

We've used the web clip for Self Service on iOS since rolling out Casper Jamf Pro several years ago. As use of it has increased, so have complaints about its relatively sluggish response and incomplete feedback regarding app installs. I'd like to pus...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver - Mojave

What do you use of solutions for screensavers.We have some enterprise screensavers with pictures that are placed in specific folderIs it possible just to point to that folder and the Mac then will pick a random one each time ?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple update method script?

Does there exist any "easy" update scripts for OS security updates. What I need is quite simple. Download security updates if they exist - and install them. If reboot is needed a prompt should appear to user, that restart is needed within X minutes o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can i "TEST" as password ?

I have a script I use to change passwords on my MAC's, what I'd really like to do is have the script check the password to see if it is different before attempting to change it.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error installing package

Trying to install a BitDefender package and get following process with error in log: Executing Policy BitDefenderMounting JamfShareInstalling BitDefender...Successfully installed BitDefender.Running script BDinstall...Script exit code: 255Script resu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to script setting Computer Name to AD Client ID

I've been told many times I'm going about this the wrong way, but I really want a simple solution that doesn't require a bunch of scripts, so.... We have all our devices in DEP. They are set to a prestage enrollment that has the directory settings se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Saving in Jamf Remote

So Jamf Remote has a "Save As" button... but I'm not sure how to make use of it and I can't find documentation. It saves an XML document with the policy configuration as a .casper file, but Jamf Remote doesn't seem to have a way to open any type of f...  View more

3369200abe644f14ab9e5a76ea5036cf
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Remote Management

I need to disable ARD on student laptops so they can use Lockdown Browser. Students don't have admin access on their laptops and somehow the Remote Management setting is turning on. Lockdown Browser will not allow the students to launch the applicati...  View more

6c2a9c9383a84ff28f311aa82f2e4f90
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors