Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

iPad can't upgrade to iOS11.4.1 with Jamf 10.6.0

Hi All, I am facing a problem that, my iPad can't upgrade to iOS11.4.1, the maximum OS version is 11.4. It shows "Your iPad is running the latest software update allowed by your administrator" as attached image I don't know if this related to my othe...  View more

d4f6f5979b6d40348c00f00576674223
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WebEx and OneLogin

AD Joined Mac SystemI am able to authenticate to OneLogin using an external line not connected internally. When I authenticate internally WebEx Productivity Tools login is just stuck on Connecting.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

applescript list in shell script

hello collective, I'm hoping someone can help me with the following. I'm trying to make our deployment process as easy as possible and am looking for a way to differentiate between faculty/staff machines and shared student machines. in my script i ha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question from Newbie

Hi all, I'm going through the JAMF 100 course. What is the difference between managed and supervised? I feel like it has to do with how it's purchased (DEP or not) but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance,Matt  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Process for creating a Jamf-token?

I couldn't find information on this anywhere... the UAPI docs let you generate a token on the docs page, but I have no idea how long that token is good for, where its managed, or if it can be managed. In the Jamf Pro API docs they also show base64 en...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

SecureToken for Admin Accounts

Hi, I have quite a few macs with admin accounts on 10.13.6 that dont have a secure token (viewed by running sysadminctl command).I want to add the secure token silently without involving the user via ssh or someother tool, as i have seen the users of...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Key Reissue on a different JSS...

Hello, I am in the process of testing the reissue of FileVault recovery key after the computer has been migrated to a different JSS. The Macs in question are all on Sierra and were all FV enabled before migration and were assigned the management acco...  View more

38b0d1290dcd4a7e823c6a3cedeb316a 017f6bd04ef14478b994280164df6b32
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD CS integration with Jamf Pro

Hi all, Can I please confirm that by integrating my AD CA to Jamf Pro, does it mean that i can push AD Cert to computers via Config Profile eventhough the computer doesnt have connection to the domain? We are about to deploy .1x WiFi Profile to use A...  View more

• 51 replies
  • 6 kudos

Adobe CC 2018 Fail to Install

Dear Forum Members,I am having trouble deploying the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps 2018 via JAMF 10.5.I created the package using Creative Cloud Packager (CCP) as a serialised package. We use this shared license method for the lab environment (We als...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

remotely configure timezone for ipads

I have 60 ipads in California that are all on eastern time. There's no easy way to get the devices back, so I'd like to be able to update their timezone to be Pacific. Thanks for your help!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Enrolled Mac + New Logic Board = non-DEP Mac (right?)

We had a DEP enrolled Mac with a bad screen. Apple replaced the logic board on it as well as the screen. Now it no longer appears in our DEP devices. I get mixed answers from Apple, but they seem to say that once the logic board is replaced, you lose...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Dead Units From JSS

We are trying to clean out all of our dead units from JSS. When I use the Manage tab from the specific device in the inventory I keep getting either a never ending spin wheel or it will go through but if I search the device again is still shows. I th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote support when network is down

Hi all, We're supporting a bunch of people in remote offices and would like some sort of solution to allow us to troubleshoot when they're having network issues since normal remote desktop sort of options won't work then. I was thinking maybe some so...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WHHHAAAAATTTT... Jamf 350.. CJA...

So, This course is no longer available??? Apparently, it's going to be an online course from now on but there's no ETA for this.. Really, What the hell is going on.. ALSO, Does this mean that the Jamf training pass will be reduced in price accordingl...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

New to Jamf, handed a "broken" installation

The installation I've been handed is interesting, I have to say. Multi-national client using NetApp as SMB DPs, however it appears replication is working at all. I've uploaded a PKG I need to install to the root DP, and nothing moves to the other DPs...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune Conditional Access Enrollment - Not consistent

Hi there, We are trying to raise a good pilot for the Jamf / Intune Conditional Access intergration.The fact is that 95% of the pilot machine's we try to enrol are enrolling as an Azure AD device and not as an Intune device. So in this case, as they ...  View more

6d7cfc5989a6474fb4718a56f73e48df 80147e9d6e3140f8ae0b4124ae0d97a9
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Utilizing Softwareupdate Command

Hello Everyone, I have been using the built in macOS update function to get devices from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6 via Terminal. I figured I could create a policy that uses executes the command sudo softwareupdate -iaR in order to pull down the OS upgrade a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX update solutions

Hi Everyone I just wanted advice from the Jamf community as options for pushing out OSX update solutions. Currently I'm using a Apple server with SUS to push out approved updates and Jamf policy that checks in with this SUS server. But it doesnt work...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote lock using “Find My Mac”

Hello, Recently I have been experiencing issues with employees who leave the company remotely locking their company issued Mac with their Apple IDs. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this from happening in the future? How do other companies manage...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors