Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Asset Management and Ticketing options

We are a K-12 school system with multiple platforms (Mac OS, iOS, Chromebooks, Windows), with Assets in the thousands. We are looking for useful suggestions on what people are using for systems with Asset Management and Ticketing combined. What are p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Internet Recovery with APFS disabled

Dear Community Members, is there a way to install a Mac, via Internet Recovery, but without the Conversion of the Flash Drive to APFS - because we need to use Deep Freeze for Mac & it does not support the new File System. Also is there a Script I can...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to request username and password

Hi all. I'm looking for a script that requests the user to input his username and password. If possible the user should type the password twice and both should be compared. Both values should be stored for a later local account creation e.g. Does som...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to put MDM in Maintenance Mode?

Hi, I wonder how I can set the MDM in maintenance mode. We will have an interruption on our DB server, and to avoid any problems we would like to put the MDM in maintenance mode. But from the doc it seems as if the maintenance mode pages are only dis...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenDirectry Mobile account to a local account

I want to change from an OpenDirectry Mobile account to a local account and apply Jamf to apply the password change rule of the user.I want to change the password every 90 days.I can change to a pure local user, but I am in trouble because I can not ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated Email of patch management reports

Hi there, I couldnt find this feature in JAMF Pro and was wondering if it is possible to get it made or if anyone knows where to find it, let me knowWe want to stay on top of our patching to be ahead of the curve for security and malware especially f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

USB-C alt mode and docking stations

The 10.13.4 DisplayLink hijinx have led to be me being asked how many laptop docking stations are deployed and of what type. I can detect DisplayLink based docks by looking for DisplayLinkManager in the I/O kit registry or USB vendor 0x1e79 in System...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parental Controls Settings

It has come to our attention that our students are constantly imessaging in class rather then do their daily assignments. I have searched around and found that imessage can only be disabled under the Parental Controls settings. What I am wondering no...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfhelper -startlaunchd on modern macOS?

Does this option do anything anymore? I was hoping to be able to spin off a jamfhelper dialog so I could continue with a script in the background (and kill it later), but it doesn't seem to do anything (or I'm missing something). Is this option essen...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat XI Pro Distiller 32bit

with Apple ending 32bit applications has anyone been able to install Adobe Acrobat XI Pro without the DISTILLER that is 32bit? Customize install does not show any option to exclude it. the Acrobat Pro installs as a 64bit application system report sho...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wiping an APFS volume?

Hi Folks, We are beginning to explore the use of [https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/25509/macos-high-sierra-upgrade-methods-options](link URL) and so far so good on existing Sierra Macs, HFS+ Journaled. The problem comes around when attemp...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfinstance.Jamfcloud.com/enroll question

Hi, Newbie to the community and Jamf, just started POC last week.Have a question about user initiated enrolment.How come with different Macs I get either the quickapp.pkg or enrollmentprofile.mobileconfig from the jamfinstance.jamfcloud.com/enroll si...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Institution id not found (1)"

Hello Everyone, My company just got a bunch of new 2017 MacBook Pros in and after enrolling the machines to the JSS this error keeps popping up. Anyone know what that is? It's definitely JAMF related because when I remove the JAMF framework it stops ...  View more

4a834083213b40cfbf94c18cc8b17d03
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does Apple maintain a build version list?

Does Apple maintain a list of build versions? I'm looking for a list that would indicate the build versions that correspond to the OS and patch levels. I can easily get the build version with "sw_vers -productVersion" but it'd be nice if Apple had a ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV provisioning question

We are provisioning Apple TV. We have them in conference rooms and each device is to be named the name of the conference room that it is in. We have a need to retract media playback and ultimately lock them into conference room mode. The problem I am...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Prestage updating Computer Names

So I have a prestage enrollment set for computers that are already enrolled in Jamf to get a clean install and re-enroll. I would like them to pick up the name they previously had in Jamf. However no matter what I do they seem to revert to the name g...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV - app configs

Hi Guys, We have some in-house apps that have app configs being deployed. However we have a need to either change some info on certain Apple TVs. Our issue is changing app configs requires us to remove and re-install the app (correct me if there is a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deployment plan for Jamf at workplace

Hi. Nearing deployment date for Jamf at my workplace. Want to see if you guys thinks this is alright or if I should change anything. This is regarding software in general. 1:1 environment. Predominantly MacBooks, around 300. Not managed before by oth...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self Service 10.3.1 seems to be crashing a lot.

Since I upgraded our Jamf Pro servers to 10.3.1, I see Self Service crash often. It's fine when when I relaunch it, but it's really annoying. We just brought on a new client for whom, we setup a dedicated Jamf Pro server, and to watch Self Service cr...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restrict Google File Stream to Company Macs

Hi, I'm looking for a way to restrict Google File Stream/Google Drive to only allow access when on a company laptop. In other words, if the user installs File Stream on their personal laptop and tries to log in to their company account, they should n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to create a user 101

I'm setting up our new Jamf Server and my first Goal is DEP. I'm trying to emulate what I used to do with setting up a "golden image" on Macs and not having much success. Terminology and trying to figure out the "flow" has been challenging so here I ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mount OneDrive as a Network Share

Hi all, Does anyone have any recommendations for methods or products to mount OneDrive for Business as a network share upon login to a machine. I am seeking to implement a way to mount OneDrive without needing to sync a user's OneDrive library to the...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors