Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Use Jamf deployment

Hello,I want to add this deployment app to my organization, and I have a few questions:1. Can you discover all users in Mac computers? AD user?2. Create and deploy personal settings profile including Wifi connection, printers, google drive profile, g...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

External Monitor audit/discovery through Jamf?

Is there a way to grab the information about external monitors through the JSS? We are doing an audit of screens and replacing older ones, and it would be great to be able to pull this information straight from JAMF instead of having to do it manuall...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot image 10.3.2 & 10.13.3 build issues

Maybe I'm just missing something but I don't seem to be able to build a new "working" NetBoot 10.13.2 or 10.13.3. I used AutoDMG in latest flavour and build the a HFS - OS.DMG works like a charm as usual I then build a new NetBoot based on macOS 10.1...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Deployment with Bookmarks

Hello,I'm pretty new to Jamf and have been task with a solution to have custom bookmarks for each department. Sounds simple right? I'm unable to find a thread with someone successful in at least something similar. So far I successfully attempted this...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ManageEngine Asset Scan sh script help or web hook

This is the default .sh script for ManageEngine Asset Scan. I modified the variables #!/bin/sh ############ Server details ############ hostName="MSD69" portNo="443" protocol="https" ############ Server details ############ SUPPORT="assetexplorer-sup...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

iOS Remote Management

On iOS devices we are distributing, when walking through the set-up, we get to the screen where it asks to sign in to Remote Management. We are having an issue where the icon for Remote Management, combined with the text, is pushing the Username fiel...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keep a monitor from sleeping

We have a Global Corporate Policy of screensaver after 5 min, and require password to unlock after 15.That works fine, and dandy, no problems there. But we also have high-end Color Artists that use the HP Dreamcolors and those like a 30-minute warm-u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could not mount DP after upgrading to 10.2.2

Just putting out feelers if anybody else is seeing an issue with Jamf Admin mounting distribution points after going to 10.2.2. We upgraded yesterday and Jamf Admin has not been able to mount the DP yet (AFP for what it is worth). Self Service still ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to the API, not sure where to start

I have been tasked with scripting and scheduling an API call to /mobiledevices to export device data to a CSV file. I would like to learn how to call the API using a Python script and schedule it on our Windows Server hosting our JSS. I have read sev...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Removing devices from scope doesn't remove them.

I have a couple wifi configuration profiles that were created new yesterday, not cloned at all. I scoped them to a department and saved it. Now my two apple tv's show under the scope list for reason (they aren't in that department and it still should...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac - Remote connect options

We have some virtual machines running on some mac hardware. Do any know of free remote software for business use There is realvnc, but for business it cost license. We have teamviewer license, but it does not work at login screen but only when user h...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Explicit Proxy

Just wondering if someone can guide me in the right direction.Can I set up and explicit proxy for APNS to chat on, Yet set a PAC file for users to connect to internet. My Setup is JSS V10 DMZ master and Semi Trusted JSS Clustered.Approx 30 test Macs ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

AD Binding in Read Only Domain Controller environment

Hi, I know there is a large number of topics about AD binding, but I couldn't find a solution for my issue. Long story short, what was working with El Capitan isn't working with Sierra anymore and that is specifying a DC to bind against. Our organisa...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Replace text in XML

Maybe not the best place to put this but i've seen some talented people here so let's give it a shot. We are looking into deploying LogMeIn on our PCs and Macs, and of course it works as intended on PC but not on Mac... For those familiar with LogMeI...  View more

06d3addccd404045ac29663909e54027
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Jamf taking over JSSImporter?

This was asked during JNUC last year, and the response from Charles Edge at the time suggested it was possible. We haven't heard anything. Can we get an idea if Jamf is planning this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Releasing Apple Hardware in School Manager

Is there a process documented for how to remove/release hardware from Apple School Manager?I'm mainly interested in the order of steps to get hardware out of Jamf and School Manager and real world examples of repurposing released hardware to non busi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jobs in Ireland

Hi all, as our Job Board is "just" working one way...I try the other way with this post. Im looking for work in Ireland - prefered Dublin, Cork or Killarney (area). The dream job would be as an MDM-Administrator on a campus. I worked on the whole ran...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors