Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

what *IS* the logic behind Jamf's timestamps?!

Does JAMF consistently display the time that events occurred (system's last check-in, time a policy was run, etc. etc.) based on the timezone setting of the logged in user? Because it sure doesn't feel like it does? I frequently feel like a report I'...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Office 2016 15.39.0-17101000: Outlook Crashes

Hey there, all! I saw that Office 2016 15.39.0-17101000 was released earlier today and had some folks (self included on a test computer) update their client machines. Following the update, all apps withint he Office 2016 suite are running the 15.39.0...  View more

ee2d939a0d93410086fccc301c1285ee
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accessing core storage device

Long story short a student came to me saying his computer wasn't working. I open it up and it's booted to the recovery screen. I check diskutil and the HD has been wiped. Send him back to class and dig deeper. He has a flashdrive with three partition...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Okta-Jamf Integration

Does anyone have some knowledge/scripts/extension attributes that can be used to scope policies to certain okta accounts? Much like how this is possible with AD integrations with JAMF Pro.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

MS Office 2016 Auto Updater

What's up folks! Hate to bother everyone with this but we can't get this to work via Casper. Simple script to disable the Microsoft Auto Updater under the users profile. So that it's set to Manual: #!/bin/sh defaults write com.microsoft.autoupdate2 H...  View more

• 42 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hide Apps (Restrict App Usage) is now Gone??!!

I had frequently used the restriction of Hiding apps, under the heading "Restrict App Usage." Now I see that after our upgrade that feature appears to be completely gone!! Is there another way to accomplish this, or has the functionality been moved? ...  View more

f4852f1c9fca4ef28860bfe34d8e0116
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS wants to use the "System" keychain

Testing out GlobalProtect for our Mac users and running into this keychain issue. We are using a local Certificate for authentication but the machine wants to use the system keychain every time GP tries to connect. The goal is to have the users never...  View more

7122f674a78e494d977d2672428bd24f
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS enrollment is not binding my macs to Active Directory

I have the JSS setup so that when I enroll it in the JSS it also binds the user to AD so that they can login using our domain accounts. We have a mixed windows and Mac environment so we want one login for everything and binding to AD allows us to do ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra in Self Service

Has anyone setup High Sierra in Self Service? using the method of dragging the .app into Casper Admin ? then have a policy cache the installer, then a second policy to install the cached installer? is it working?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Single App mode / Guided Access

Hi All, A quick question. I am looking to see if we can use Jamf to restrict an iPad to only allow access to Pages but with the spell check and grammar function off. Is this possible? Matt  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

wondering what the process RescueRecordings is?

my school is trying to run a standardized test and the secure web browser they use is choking on a RescueRecordings process thats running on student system (its a root level process). anyone ever heard of this process? my googlefu has failed me thus ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Font Installs

Hey Jamf Nation, Is there a way to block local font installs on users computers? Right now we manage fonts with Extensis UTC. We have issues with people downloading fonts from the internet and then installing them outside of UTC. This causes issues w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Service account using AD

Our security team is looking for a way that when a clients request for admin privileges they go through an approval process and if they do get approved, we create an AD account called USERNAME_loc. Since we have mostly PC on the campus, they have set...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra Distribution

Hey everyone,I have been testing High Sierra a bit and am looking at what our distribution is going to look like for the next school year. We have several thousand macs that have historically been taken up at the end of the school year, re-imaged wit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ethernet problems after upgrade to High Sierra

I upgraded the first of our iMacs to High Sierra on Friday. Unfortunately, the Ethernet is now having serious problems that weren't present before the upgrade. Running a ping test from one of my Linux servers to the Mac results in 25%-35% of the ICMP...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting Casper Created Account?

Doing some testing for a task that I have been assigned and I created an account through a policy. The account created without issue, but I couldn't deleted it through the Users preference pane in Sys Prefs. Is this a known thing or a bug? I could on...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Discontinuing JDS

Jamf will be discontinuing the Jamf Distribution Server (JDS). We know many of you use and rely on the JDS, but in its current state we cannot recommend it. Therefore, Jamf is planning to end of life JDS at the end of 2017 and access to the JDS insta...  View more

• 66 replies
  • 36 kudos

Compte itunes device géré

Bonjour, Dans notre méthode de gestion, uniquement par appareil, les utilisateurs n'ont pas d'apple id.Les restrictions, ne permettent pas "normalement" de synchro un appareil avec un compte itunes, or j'ai des tablettes qui se retrouvent avec des co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Apple software update script

Hi all,i'm working on a script that installs only the updates listed in the script parameters $4 to $11 i've got it all working nicely for just one update, it pulls softwareupdate -l, egrep only the updates listed in $4 to $11, then formats the resul...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Eset Update on 10.13 killing keychain

I have some 10.13 machines and when i update Eset to 6.5.432.1 it seems to be breaking Keychain. Wanting an updated password, which it doesn't expect the current password. Or create a new password. What am i missing here?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome Browser and Local Destinations

Hello all, I tried posting a discussion yesterday but it didn't come through. Here's my second attempt :) Long story short: My enviornment:Managing printers using Workgroup Manager/MCXMacs are running SierraLatest Google Chrome browser Issue:In the C...  View more

f38b3ec91c2f4dd0a89843bfdbf31fdd 2e15bc0860124d2c89e31012bd9826e1 8741209abe61459d87e652d45621242e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome Browser and Local Destinations

Hi everyone! I've been reading and searching the discussions for a while now and finally decided to join the community. :) Here's my setup: I inherited a role as IT Director at an all Mac school. The current environment is this: we have a Deploy Stud...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bit9 Uninstall

I am trying to setup an. uninstall for our bit9 agents. I tried calling the uninstall.sh in the bit9 folder that gets installed with the agent, but when I try to call it via a script it errors out.. . . . Running script Uninstall Bit9.sh... Script ex...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV(4th Gen) TV OS 11 Management

Hello, I had a question regarding TV OS management within the JSS, in particular assigning a Wifi network via configuration profile. Right now we use the same profile for all of our Ipads as well as our Apple TVs(scoped to all mobile devices). Also a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors