Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Apple Script Help

Hello All! I am looking for some guidance to send a bulk email from a CSV using an Apple Script. I exported a CSV that has a column of oweners and then the value is john doe doe@company.com. My goal is to take this list and send emails to each user w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Cannot connect to SMB share

I have set up NetSUS running on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, but I cannot figure out why I am not able to connect to its SMB share to upload the Netboot image. I have verified that the firewall on the server is off.I have double checked the user account.I hav...  View more

7615afa36df848c39bdc3cc8ea4a1a9c
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using "Require Authentication" for disk images

We've always had "require authentication" check for disk images to prevent students from installing software. They could download whatever they wanted and then just drag it to their desktop or documents instead of applications and they could still ru...  View more

b1b0b9deadee48f7820dddb555c14d4f
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Item URLs don´t work in chrome / gmail

Hello, does anyone uses Self Service Item URLs successfully with chrome / gmail ?For me, when pasting an item URL in a new gmail message, the url wont be recognized as clickable and the recipient is getting a message with an unusable url. I also trie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is the app Dynamic Size?

HiI'm looking for an explanation of the "Dynamic Size" parameter in Mobile Devices>"DeviceName">Inventory>Apps. Is that the volume of data that the app has downloaded?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Distribution to Off network devices

I wanted to get some info on best practice and recommendations on how to do software distribution to machines off network. Would a Distribution point need to be setup in DMZ? Would a proxy server work to distribute software? Any information or docume...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Auditable Events" in OS X?

Very broad, but worth asking... I've been asked to produce a list of "auditable events" in the Mac OS. I'm aware that we can track just about anything with the right config, but does anyone know of a list from Apple of things that are "built in" to t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package could not be mounted - No mountable file system

I'm pushing out the installer for High Sierra with a policy. It's in a DMG to later be executed with startosinstall from Self Service. Anyway I'm getting this error on a handful of machines and re-occuring over and over on some of the machines it's p...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Summer 2018 wiping student systems...

Hello Everyone, The question I have is, what are others planning on doing to wipe or clear off drives for the coming summer? What workflow are using? Will you be imaging with NetBoot, will you be doing something else to wipe the drive and load the OS...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect to smb via Self Service / script

Hello together, We want to create a policy which allows our employees to connect to the smb via Self Service. I gathered already some information and put this script together: #!/bin/sh #This script mounts and opens a smb #Unmount the drive if there ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configure Remote Access (ARD) via Script

Hello! We have a couple labs that came in on High Sierra and are unable to use our old script for enable Remote Desktop access. This is what we used to push out in a policy. Even after a restart we are having no luck. Any thoughts?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMB Version 3 support in OS X

I looked around the internet without any luck. Does anyone know where I can find which versions of OS X support SMBV3? We are migrating our domain to Server 2016 and need this info to know which computers need to be upgraded if need be. Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Prestage Enrollment Automation

iPads are shipped directly to the end user. I never touch them. We have a portal users can go to and order equipment. There is a dropdown menu for iPads where they tell us what they'll be using it for, like "Warehouse, Field Tech, General". At this t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caching Service Running on High Sierra User Macs

Hey nation, Since I first heard that High Sierra would directly incorporate the caching service feature that was previously only found through Server.app, I began to dream about distributing our caching services across all Macs. I have always loathed...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.2 Supplemental Update Extension Attribute (EA)

Hi all, your help is really appreciated! I am wondering if any of you have built an EA that I can use in on my Jamf Pro server (9.101.0)? Does this update change the OS10.13.2 build number? If so, is that (17C88)? If the supplemental update does not ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13.2 Supplemental Update Extension Attribute (EA)

Hi all, your help is really appreciated! I am wondering if any of you have built an EA that I can use in on my Jamf Pro server (9.101.0)? Does this update change the OS10.13.2 build number? If so, is that (17C88)? If the supplemental update does not ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Change Privileges on a group in JSS

I have a group that I created a few months ago and I'm now trying to modify its privileges. I am the JSS administrator and have verified that I'm am in the administrators group. However, all of the privileges for the group I'm attempting to modify ar...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Notify users of Software Updates?

HI all, Im trying to implement a way of sending out a nofication (branded if possible, but not necessary) that says something like 'A new version of Firefox is available' that the users can then download from self service, in the same way Apple Softw...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Combining Packages

Hello everyone! I have five Microsoft Office packages that I would like to combine into one larger installer. Is that possible? We would like to package it up as one major monthly update e.g. MicrosoftOffice_January2018.pkg Is this possible to do usi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome Manifest force Flag to Enabled

Hello everyone, I am trying to find out how to enable a Chrome flag on the Chrome manifest. The flag I want enabled is SitePerProcess which is Strict Site Isolation, the reason I am doing this is because of all this new specter and meltdown issue. I ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Rename Based on JamfPro Object Attributes

First some Basic Background We are beginning to Use Apple DEP for new MAC's, so when they come, fresh out of the box, the user gets no Options, the MAC immediately looks at DEP and gets pointed at out JamfPro Cloud. This is working great, we Have a P...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors