Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

High Sierra and AD

Anybody else experiencing issues with High Sierra integrating with AD in your environment? We're currently having issues where accounts that should have binding rights not allowing a bind, issues involving changing the password of AD accounts, and sp...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

JNUC 2017 Standard Rate Expiring

Hello Jamf Nation, It’s hard to believe we are only 3 weeks away from the Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC). For those who have already reserved your spot, this means the countdown to the world’s largest Apple IT event is officially on. For those wh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Base image for High Sierra

I know I can use AutoDMG to create a base image of High Sierra, but it's my understanding that model-specific firmware may not be included. If I build my base image on a 2017 MacBook Pro, it wouldn't have any unique firmware for a Mac Pro for example...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Device Enrollment

Has anyone seen issues with devices enrolling as 'noname' instead of iPhone or iPad?. After, sending a blank push the device picks up the generic device name. I do want to mention I am running a JSS instance in the DMZ. thanks  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Groupe intelligent statut "Remaining"

Bonjour, Sur mon profil wifi: "Port Lympia - Wifi" j'ai 110 Devices en statut "Remaining", je voudrais créer un groupe intelligent qui les identifies pour pouvoir les mettre en exclusion et de nouveau leur ré-attribuer... Lors de la création du group...  View more

815602cc06b949b9904bc53d8c6ba3fa
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple iWorks Problems in Version 3.3

Hello, I was wondering if anyone is having problems when they try to open Keynote, Pages, or Numbers on version 3.3? This is only happening on iPads running iOS 11.0.1 and iWorks 3.3. Some of the troubleshooting steps I have taken so far are the foll...  View more

4336cc6a9a9a4efab63533102187b947
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service

Hi All, We are currently testing out Jamf (currently in a Meraki environment). One of our biggest issues has been the amount of time Self Service takes to push down on the devices once they are enrolled (sometimes as long as 5 - 10 minutes). This wou...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Downloading Self Service on iOS 11

Downloaded iOS 11 on a few iPads to see how it worked, and Self Service will not download. Asks for sign in to iTunes. Anyone else getting the same issue and know a workaround?  View more

011b19b31dd44080947c07d303146d00
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable first login prompts Sierra

Does anyone have the keys to get rid of the Siri/Touch ID prompts when a first time user logs in? I've got a script that is supposed to run at Enrollment/Login, but those pesky prompts are making it so my policies do not run properly. I am using a on...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Config Profile not applying

I'm trying to apply a configuration profile with the following items:- Passcode- Software Update- Restrictions- Login Window- Security & Privacy- Energy Saver When I apply this policy though, users who do not meet the password requirement are not pro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inapp purchases

Kindergarten has requested apps – all free. Two most popular are Starfall and ABCya – they use A LOT. There is no paid version in VPP that I can find, for either app. But, when the kids use them, they can only go so far in the app and it asks them to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shut Down Motivational Speaker

Short of forced shut downs & reboots, what are some of your techniques for persuading stubborn users to shut down their systems at night? Dry lists of technical and pragmatic reasons?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Segregating IOS and macOS JSS

Hello, I have reached 13k iOS and 2500. We had an issue on Friday that took everything down and took a day to get backup, due to load on the current infrastructure. Adding more jss's to the mix fixed it. During the process, we could not deploy machin...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

BBedit 12.0 BETA

BBEdit 12.0 pre-release: At this writing (September 29th 2017), BBEdit 12.0 is not yet shipping. We are currently running an open beta test on the BBEdit Talk google group. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bbedit  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

com.apple.dockfixup.plist and High Sierra

In my testing with a base OSX system (10.12.5 and 10.13) I have noticed that the regular I had of configuring the Dock items is now broken in High Sierra. Using a mobileconfig file (https://github.com/opragel/profiles/blob/master/macOS%20-%20Dockfixu...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipad DEP Configuration

our school just bought about 30 iPads from another school. My intent was to just use these devices internally and not worry about enrollment in JSS and manage them on our own. However I have a handful of devices that state during setup......"The conf...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Updates Out of the Box

Recently we have switched to using the out of the box macOS Sierra when new devices are deployed and use a combination of policies etc. to customize app installs or other customizations. I noticed that all of the built in Apple apps require an Apple ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firmware Update Security Issue WIRED article

Saw this on Wired and was curious if anyone has thought about addressing the issue: https://www.wired.com/story/critical-efi-code-in-millions-of-macs-is-not-getting-apple-updates It seems like certain Macs, when installing a firmware update, don't ac...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminUserRecoveryInfo.plist and High Sierra

So I updated my MacBook Pro to High Sierra this week and today I was looking in /Volumes and found a Preboot folder containing various items that includes a AdminUserRecoveryInfo.plist. In looking at the contents I can't help but wonder if this is a ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Student Photos on Shared iPad Screens?

Right now all of our shared iPads only show a student's initials‚ however the Classroom app will show the student's picture. I found this guide (http://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/casper-suite/apple-school-manager/9.92/Prepare_to_Enable_User_Image...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Drive App

So I just encountered this this morning and I'm wondering if anyone else can replicate the issue? Google Drive updated yesterday (4.2017.37510). It's working on iPad Air 2's and newer iOS's (10.X and 11.X) but the issue I'm running into is the app is...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors