Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Get Proxy value for all network interfaces

Hi to all i was wondering if it was possible to get proxy information (which used pac file on automatic Proxy Configuration) for each network interface (Ethernet,wifi,Usb Ethernet,...) and display results thru an extension attribute Thanks for your h...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

API assign computers from group X to Site Y

Hi All, I'm trying to automate the actual Computer to Site assignment via API as we keep on having Computers assigned to wrong Sites.. :) So far I have not had much success, does anyone maybe have an idea how to tackle this?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

EFI failures in policy

Hi Folks, We have in ALL of our lab deployment and employee deployment policies, a firmware password payload is configured in all lab/staff deployment policies. Essentially, all of our Macs have this EFI password configured. When re-imaging, we remov...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

User & Location Fields

Hello all Is there a way to set a policy to repopulate AD info from the last user field? Would like to send emails to users but some are incorrect or do not exist. We have a new LDAP server since then so we now new machines have no identification exc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

rename a computer that is bound to AD

I know there are different related post about this question, still can't find the answer I'm looking for. -our macs are bound to AD-sometimes we forget to rename the mac with proper name, we would like to update that remotely to our JSS and to our AD...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

ssh error when using Recon for enrolment

Hi all, Hoping someone can give me a hand with an error I am seeing on ssh when trying to enrol machines into Casper using remote enrolment on Recon. When trying to connect to the remote Mac I am getting an error in ssh. The error message says "SSH f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress "New to Mac?"

Currently working on our Sierra deployment and i hate the "New to Mac?" notification that pops out. Is anyone suppressing this from popping up on their users and if so how did you accomplish that? Thanks in advance for any help.  View more

8e06fd50154645bcbbd41d25874cbf5d
  • 33 replies
  • 5 kudos

Printing on a ad bound mac

What do you use to print from a mac? I am trying to decide to redo our print server and am unsure of the best way to print from a mac. We currently have print servers at each location however it mostly works for windows and not at all for mac so most...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Warranty API

Having a little trouble finding the correct operations to pull the Warranty info from the API. Im not even sure if it is possible. The reason to do this is to have a popup on a computer, which is coming up to warranty end, to inform the end user to p...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi Profile Fallback

I was able to get a PKGd Wi-Fi profile working perfectly. There's only one slight catch.. All our sites have a Wi-Fi Profile scoped out to all their computers via the JSS. We want this PKGd profile installed on all our clients so that if something ha...  View more

94328654aea149ebae44d97e716c484d af1090ddda5a4e759196b703cebf0a37
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Do I need to run Recon again if I rename/unbind a Mac?

We name our student 1:1 Macbooks with their username. Let's say that student leaves and I want to give his laptop to another incoming student. I go in, change the binding name and sharing name. Do I need to run Recon again on this machine to update t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking Logouts

One of our policies is that users log out of their machines at the end of every day they are here. We have a great amount of users who not do this. They log in on Monday, put the computer to sleep at the end of the day and wake it up in the morning. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Support Without VPN!

Supporting remote users can be tricky. While it would be great if Casper Remote worked over the public web (I think that's a feature request) currently it does not. When we first adopted JAMF Pro, I hoped to be able to achieve this with Casper Remote...  View more

a652b0bcfdb44604afc60cf27cab0988
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target Imaging failing creating first run script

Hello, I'm new to Jamf and have been testing various forms of imaging a brand new iMac using target imaging and imaging from a local external drive with casper installed. I get through the imaging process and get to the first run script creation and ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block "notification" of macOS Sierra

Hi Folks, Please forgive me as this is probably a duplicate discussion. We have all seen the "notification" from Apple about the Sierra update. We have successfully blocked the installation of Sierra, but is there a way to remove the notification alt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authentication for Intranet sites-

Hello everyone- I've been having a bit of a conundrum that I am hoping someone can shed some light on. Currently in our environment, which is heavily Windows with some Mac users. We all use our network accounts and are on the domain, I'm curious if t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Pro 'Fingerprint limit reached.'

just got a MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar, imaged it to 10.12.3, logged in, encrypted with FV2, and attempted to setup Touch ID. I get the error: "Fingerprint limit reached. To add a new fingerprint, remove a fingerprint from any account on this Mac....  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up new machines?

Hi What's the best practice for new machine that's come straight out of box? I have setup a configuration that will reimage an old machine machine, add it into jamf and run/setup all the scripts and programs required for it to be ready for the end us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

EAP-TLS 802.1x More than one Ethernet Interface

Hello, In my organization we are trying to implement 802.1x with EAP-TLS and certificate authentication. We are able to deploy the configuration profile signed or unsigned with jamf for Ethernet interfaces however when the user adds another ethernet ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors