Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Launchd plist erring with "127"

I'm trying to inject a script and plist to our end users for running some updates. I've verified that the injection method for the plist works, and that the script works. However, when I upload this plist with the script, it constantly fails to run a...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crestron Electronics' App

Hi all. Inspired by a piece of Dean Hager's presentation last year regarding the hospital in San Diego that is equipped with Crestron room automation technology in each room, I decided to dust off some of the Crestron gear we already owned to give it...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not Self Enrollment possible

Hello the have the problem that the self enrollment is not possible.DEP and Configurator is ok. Any ideas for this Problem. Greetings Jörg Hoos  View more

94e25113f48141289d716c8ad440e307 846ee3818c74483e9e586190c8a890c5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook disables local user account

Hi all, Ever since we enrolled the macbooks in our company we've had the problem that the local user account gets disabled. The only possible solution is resetting the password via the terminal in recovery mode. Filevault is enabled so we have to unl...  View more

cc0cb3a4b9274a6194de119f9e961933
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolled computers not showing up in search

When I search for enrolled computers, They do not show up in my search. I search for user and they do not show up on the search. Students use these computers. Reenrolled the computer and it shows up for a short time then it will not show up. When I a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enrolled computers not showing up in search

When I search for enrolled computers, They do not show up in my search. I search for user and they do not show up on the search. Students use these computers. Reenrolled the computer and it shows up for a short time then it will not show up. When I a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install a web custom blacklist

Hello everyone, I'm new here and i'm looking for a feature that it seems to not exist. I'm looking for a system that allows to install a fully custom blacklist. We want to block sites when students are at home. They always find new sites and it's imp...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conditional Access

Our organization is moving to O365 Services and wants to implement Conditional Access. Ideally any client joined to company domain will sync with Azure AD and CA policies will be applied. Is that possible via JAMF as Microsoft has clearly stated that...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install a web custom blacklist

Hello everyone, I'm new here and i'm looking for a feature that it seems to not exist. I'm looking for a system that allows to install a fully custom blacklist. We want to block sites when students are at home. They always find new sites and it's imp...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help needed with: defaults write com.apple.dock

Hi, i just beginning with this so please forgive me my ignorance!Ok, i need some help with this: (in this) i want to add some like Documents to the dock. It's working as long as i use the following: _CFURLString /Users/Me/Documents _CFURLStringType ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete a local Items password on Keychain Access

Hello, I am new to this discussions, but I have already found here so many solution in the last few months that I decided to create an account in the hope that someone will be able to help me on an issue that I have and for which I haven't been able ...  View more

4458baf73b5e4e70a3b2a4a8d52719c8
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

configuring activation lock bypass

had a teacher who is retiring and claims she never had an apple id (she obviously did because she was logged in) and doesn't care or want to reset the password she doesn't know. The iPad wasn't in JAMF so i installed the profile from the jss website ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check current/last logged in user password

Hoping someone can help. I am attempting to write an EA that determines if a the current/last logged in user's password is still our default password (meaning that they never reset locally it after they started). I know that using global policy, I ca...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Volume License vs O365 Subscription License

Hey all,I just wanted to post my findings for those who didn't already know of the differences in the way you can license the Microsoft Apps for Mac and a big shout out to Paul Bowden for all his work and help understanding this. We had recently swit...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Template vs. Configuration Profile in Sierra

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues to me regarding trying to move to the recommended Configuration Profile management path vs. the old tried and true User Template folder regarding Sierra.I am finding that Configuration Profil...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Profiles

Hey JAMFers, Im working through DEP and trying to get everything working as expected. I came across an issue and Im trying to see if anyone else has notice the same thing. Is it suppose to work this way? So you run the machine through the DEP process...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS End of Year Practices and Clean Up Advice/Thoughts

Greetings all. We have about 1800 iPads coming in for collection at the end of the week. My main goal for collection is to get a name with a serial number list. For making buildings and groups. Even though we use usernames for the iPads there is abou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMB Mapping issues

All, Wanted to share a odd ball issue that started up last week, and attempting to resolve. Sometime between May 12th - 14th, network changes were made (probably with concerns toward cyber security) that effect SMB. Starting on the 15th, we started h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to Capser 9.98 and Load Balancer

So to start with we are currently (and still are) at Casper JAMF/JAMF Pro 9.82. We manage around 400 Macs at this point and no iOS devices. So we only upgrade when new OS comes out and it's needed for compatibility or if there is a security concern. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Acrobat DC and Adobe RUM - options?

Not sure if I'm missing something.... Acrobat 11.x is compatible with the Adobe Remote Update Manager using the "--channelID=Pro--11.0.0--osx10--AdobeAcrobatXIPro-11.0" string. However, I cannot find a matching channelID OR --ProductVersion string fo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Which Anti-Virus Software do you use?

Hi everybody! We are forced by our company policy to use an anti-virus software. At the moment this means McAfee. Not my first choice.. this software is a real pain in the *... But it would be a little bit easier to get rid of it, if I could provide ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fond d'écran Compte a rebours

bonjour, Je cherche un moyen de mettre un fond d'écran sur l'ensemble des postes avec un compte a reboursQui pourrait m'indiquer un moyen simple de mettre cela en place Cordialement Gael  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors