Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2 is Now Available!!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2. We've added support for Apple's Declarative Device Management along with a few refinements and fixes. Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta features many fixes and some exciting new enhancements including ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.41 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.41. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, review the release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

App Store Images not loading

Our network team have made some changes to the Palo Alto and now Mac App Store images aren't loading. All we get are placeholders They've allowed the 17.0.0.0/8 range but it appears that the images are hosted elsewhere. Does anyone know what else we ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom - Anyone got it to work yet?

We are trying to set up Apple Classroom and we can't get it to work correctly. We are seeing even though we have added a full class, only one or two students show up. Iv'e checked that all student's are supervised and are running 9.3.1 We are using s...  View more

• 86 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Based VPP Question

I'm thinking this will be a simple answer, but does Device Based VPP support multiple VPP tokens to the same device. For example, if I push out App1 and App2 from VPPAccount1, will the device install App3 if I push it out from VPPAccount2? Right now ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD logins problems

Experts, I am trying to resolve the problem with binding/login user to Yosemite / ElCapitan. With PC bounded todomain we don't have any problems with user logins. With MAC OS sometimes user can't login at all. Then we remove a laptop from domain and ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to run in background at logon?

Is it possible to have a script that gets started at logon and continues running in the background? Due to it not being possible by other methods, I'd like to write a script for use with exam users that regularly (e.g. every 30 seconds) checks for Sa...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mounting network drives with variables

I've got a question concerning the mounting of network drives but I think it's rather a Mac OS issue than a Casper Suite issue. I tried to make a configuration profile which configures the network mounts in the login items payload. I want to mount th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paused Printer

Has anyone run into any issues with paused printers, and the only way to clear it is with Admin credentials? We have students trying to print and someone has paused a print job and no one can print until we clear it out.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using JSS API to POST new departments

At the university, our list of departments is in routine flux -- departments get created, merged with other departments, renamed, etc. When I initially set up our JSS years ago, I did so with a dump of 280 existing LDAP departments at the time. Today...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy logs not sorting by date by default?

Hi Everyone, We are on JSS 9.9 and it could be me, but when I look at policy logs in the JSS, they aren't being sorted automatically by date. I swear prior to 9.9, when looking at these logs to see the status of a policy, they were always sorted by d...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way to bulk move policies to a site?

I've created a new Site where a bunch of Macs and their associated policies will be moved... I know how to bulk move the Macs into the new site, but it doesn't look like there's a way to do the same with policies. Will I have to move them one by one ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad with passcode

Good afternoon. I have a district ipad that has been wiped and is "ready to enroll" but another technician must have set a passcode on it. The ipad shows up in Pre Stage, but I can't click on the device to send a Command to clear the passcode. The ip...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where does Self Service stage installers?

Hi All,I've been searching for a bit - I'm sure the answer already exists but I can't find it! Where does Self Service for Mac stage the installers? I've got a user who used Self Service to upgrade to El Cap, but "something came up" and he manually k...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9.9 + Mac Servers + Mac Clients

Been kind of waiting to see what's reported on 9.9. We don't really have a test environment here and spinning up some VMs is a pain because of some custom files that i need find and copy over to them in order to do the DB imports and stuff. So far th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Management Account Password

Hey All I have to change our management account password and I am not entirely sure of the correct process. This is what I think needs to happen, but I want to verify before I break anything. 1) Create a policy with management account option -> Speci...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP User Group Assignments not working

Just wanted to let others know and see if anyone had any ideas for us. Since the 9.9 update, LDAP user group assignments are not working correctly. We are getting partial assignments but the whole groups are no longer being seen by the JSS. What's ev...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot use 'defaults write' in self service policy

I have created a policy that runs this script: !/bin/bash Get currently logged in user currusr=ls -la /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4touch /var/log/screeen.log Sotre cocoa dialog directory CD='/Applications/Utilities/CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS/Coc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers Payloads

what is Identification payload for OSX ? Is there any guide for payloads. Sometimes its confusing without the guide.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen and energy saver settings affecting iCloud

We have a profile in place that sets the require password immediately option (which seemed to be fixed with 9.9) However, any machine getting that profile, the iCloud drive option turns off and is blocked. Has anyone else had an issue with this? Just...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Certificate to OSX with full permissions

I am trying to reply a certificate for WPA2 enterprise PEAP Wifi Authentication with forced login to wifi window, so that it connects to wifi before the user logs in. Through profile manager and through jamf I have always had a mixed result with its ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors