Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Policy stuck at "Pending"

I have a very simple policy that calls a SMB mount script for a specific computer. It runs ongoing at login. According to the JSS, the Policy is stuck in a "Pending" state. The computer shows up in the correct Policy criteria (A specific Dept in this...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Login Menu

Hello Everyone, We have been preparing our laptops for 802.1x and are seeing a small issue on the login page. We need the Wi-Fi option to either be the default option, or the only option. How can this be accomplished? Alternatively, we can look at tu...  View more

06aed94bcd7f44d29158941fdacfc26c
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Webhooks with v9.93

Hey everyone! We just dropped v9.93 of the Casper Suite today and there’s a powerful new feature being included to enable our power users to build deeper integrations with the product: webhooks. For a while now the JSS has had the Events API: a Java ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updated SIS Importer and JSS-to-JSS Plug-in Now Available

In addition to the release of Casper Suite 9.93, an updated SIS Importer and JSS-to-JSS Plug-in are available for download. The updated SIS Importer 1.32 and JSS-to-JSS Plug-in 1.22 now include a new version of the JSS Conduit that contains important...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow Security Preference Pane non admin

Hi all Has anyone been able to unlock the security preference pane as a non admin ? i have tried different combinations but cannot get it unlocked including: security authorizationdb write system.preferences allow security authorizationdb write syste...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP ColorSync Profile missing using Printer deployment

Hello All, I have an odd issue with deploying printers and colors not matching on the print. When i deploy an HP Printer via self service (HP Color Laserjet 2025dn), the ColorSync Profile appears to be missing which is causing the colors to be off. W...  View more

e5e9f5c9f8d04343973bab1f0b30c2a9
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reinstall Corrupt Profile iOS

Hello, We have a large number of devices with a configuration profile which includes restrictions and wifi payload. At the present, we are seeing a fair amount of devices dropping from our wireless network and reinstalling the configuration profile r...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

401 Error while using API to add members to group

We have a .Net C# application that runs on a Windows 2012 server and is attempting to add members to a static group via a PUT command and is throwing a 401 Unautorized error for each operation. The error is as follows: 2016-08-01 18:17:12,302 [ERROR]...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ruckus Wireless and Early 2015 Macbook Pro Retina

Hi Nation Is anyone out there using Ruckus wireless with 10.11 and Early 2015 Macbook Pro Retinas? We are seeing some issues where laptops are losing network connectivity after waking from a 2min or longer sleep. Ruckus hardware is the R600 along wit...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

web browser default settings

I was messing with some MCX settings for setting the homepage/start settings for chrome, firefox and safari. But I wasnt able to get it to work correctly.....so I went with plan 2. Create a DMG package via composer with the settings I wanted -- This ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating MDM Profile Mac OS Systems

Hey All, I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a way to update the MDM profile for my OS X based systems without having to un-enroll / re-enroll all of them. I had to change my JSS URL and was able to do that successfully but after doing so i noticed t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Expected behavior of Deferral Policies

In our client's environment, we mange 7 business units that approve Changes at different times. Between the 7 business units, we may have as much as 6 weeks between deployment start dates for the same policy. This is causing us some problems when usi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network login with El Capitan

So were finally getting ready to start migrating our users to El Capitan and one of the remaining issues I'm having I can't seen to find a reason for. We have authenticated x802.1 network and each machine has a wired and a wireless profile to allow t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating to new JSS instance - FileVault 2 keys

Hi All, I'm in the process of setting up a new JSS instance in our environment to migrate to (from Server 2012 R2 to CentOS 6.8). We only have 150 clients and after reading many of the threads here, moving to a new instance doesn't appear to be a big...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

USB key for Mac provisioning

Currently we are using a USB key to provision Macbooks. If I'm not mistaken the image used in this USB key is from a MacBook (http://www.apple.com/macbook/). My question is, can I use this USB key to provision MacBook Pro? I'm having a concern regard...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Information Request

Hello,I'm a Casper Suite newbie would you all care to elaborate how to deepen my knowledge , where and whom to follow and attend to which seminars and educations? Thanks beforehand, Best wishes, P.S. I do not live in the USA  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office: Policy to disable macros

I'd like to disable Microsoft Office macros from being able to be run on users' computers. Any ideas how to do this? I know they get a warning when opening files with macros, but most would click Allow without even thinking. Is there a script that ca...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manual installer upgrades and schema changes

Does anyone know if restarting Tomcat w/ an updated WAR will automatically update the database schema on restart or do you need to access the web interface to kickstart that process? Unrelated, is there a way to query either through the DB or on the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

equivalent of modifying /etc/host for iOS?

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to implement the new youtube filtering available for google apps domains.This basically means modifying DNS entries for several google domains OR using an HTTP header injection (not available to us right now).Information fo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can only deploy package through Casper Remote

Hello, I'm working on packaging Photoshop Elements 8, and have been partially successful. The package basically copies the installer files to /private/tmp and a post install script performs a silent install. If I run the package manually, everything ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device not "exiting" iBeacon zone in JSS

Has anyone else had trouble with devices constantly reporting they're in range of iBeacon zones in the JSS? I've been testing some beacons and I cannot get my devices to leave the area - even if I power the beacon off! In the inventory, the device sh...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors