Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Open Directory Network Mount on Login

We are currently using Open Directory network accounts for our student logins and home folders. I would like to change it so that we still use the Open Directory authentication for logging in, and then the students' documents would be on a mounted ne...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Corrupt files when copying to SMB shares

Hey guys, I've got a couple users who are having problems when copying files back to a netapps share using SMB2. Occasionally (1 file in 10-20), when copying back to the server, the file become unopenable and has a filesize of 0 bytes. Once the probl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finding non registered Macs

We have some Macs on the network that are registered in Casper. Others were purchased by VIPs for their employees as a perk and haven't been registered. Is there a way to scan a network to find out what MACs belong to Macs? Has anyone had a project l...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Clones Not Enrolling as New Computers in JSS

Hi! Have a strange issue that I'm trying to figure out. I have a couple VMs in Fusion Pro that I am using for package building. I wanted to create a couple more VMs by cloning them. The only issue is that the clones just overwrite the existing record...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please login to you iTunes account

Hi all. I'm new to all of this. I'm trying to manage an iPad 2 running iOS 9.2, JSS 9.81 and Configurator 2. I'm adding apps through VPP and the JSS and I'm getting the "Please login to your iTunes account to install apps from "xxxx.xxxx.edu" (our se...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile HotSpots

Looking for a way to create a smart group of student devices that are logged on to a mobile Hotspot. Students are connecting to avoid Filtering and Casper Focus.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Security Update 2015-005 Yosemite

Does anyone know if Apple pulled this update? It originally came out alongside 10.11.2 El Capitan and Security Update 2015-008 for Mavericks. I updated my computer with it yesterday and was preparing to push it to a batch of test systems today. Howev...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block Cookies for specific website

We use a website bigchalk.com that we have problems accessing every month or so. The company tell us we have to delete cookies for the website - does anyone know if there is a way to create a profile that will just block cookies from that website on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cloud hosted SMTP source IP range

Hi, I've been looking through the discussion and knowledgebase trying to find this information. We are using the JAMF Cloud solution, and would like to configure the SMTP sender to use our Mimecast email system. In order to allow this, we need to all...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chromebook Management?

Is anyone using an MDM for Chromebooks? There's the Google Control Panel of course, but the interface is pretty clunky and doesn't have any of our other stuff in it. I looked briefly at using Merkaki a while back, which might be a nice spot to track ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 7.x with El Capitan

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone found a solution for this yet.We have environments where Xcode needs to be run without granting admin privileges. We used to manage this with creating a custom Xcode installer. The contents are the following: Xcode d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terminal Question

Anybody can chime to see how I can change "com.apple.mail" to point to com.microsoft.outlook using the defaults write command or any other ideas would help. We currently block all users from using the Mail.app so we cannot change it from there. Graci...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN Installed Configuration search

Is there a way to search for a VPN Configuration profile, if I know the name? Basically, I need to find the iPads with this VPN configuration installed, and delete it manually. Thanks.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OFFICE 2016 Mac Repair Library

I used composer to create DMG for office 2016. However after i image an computer And launch Office 2016 i get OSX needs to repair your library. Any thoughts as to what the cause is?  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD login on wifi....

hi all... i have been reading all posts regarding users login to AD on wifi on laptop for first time... and not getting it to work... Normally, users get to login on their laptop for first time while they are connected to network... then they can log...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tracking and banning VPN usage (high school.)

A number of our students are up to no good because they have installed either a VPN app, or VPN services on their iPads. This has been banned at our school because we don't want student's by-passing our firewall. How would you remove this from a stud...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

LaunchDaemon Delivery

I'm curious if there is a generic method [or generally recommended method] of installing a launch daemon onto a Mac, using Casper. (Specifically I need to use a daemon to launch a command at specific times/dates as root.) Since the launch daemon is e...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wallpaper Modifying in a configuration profile

I found this option to disable the modification of wallpapers in a configuration profile. So I built a custom CP to test it out and it still allowed me to modify the wallpaper....anyone else played with this before?  View more

f92597d794324cc9a91640deecf94171
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing certificates in Yosemite

I am trying to install the certificate for our firewall into the system keychains on my local users. Our firewall uses deep packet inspection on encrypted traffic and the cert needs to be in place to prevent errors. I created a pkg to upload the cert...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

EL-Capitan cached

I have been able to cache el-capitan and users can go to self service and install it. Is there a way for me to force the macs to reboot and install it on its own we are trying to get everyone to be on the same OS and its been a year and half and I st...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

ActivInspire disable check for updates

Hi all,In ActivInspire, is there a way to remove/disable the "Check for updates..." in the Help menu, or from ActivInspire Dashboard (Menu View/Dashboard/Configure/Check for updates)or from the Preferences/edit Profiles/Online Settings? Is there a pl...  View more

84ee251c59bf496ca2bc6f02c05efb02 d523bbee3bad4730b7e0adb6a21fa2a1 f1262d6f255e4367b6b6f22130ca7a4d
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Anti Virus 9.2.8 app and package

Hi All we used to generate SAV mpkg from enterprise console. but i found there is no mpkg file anymore, only with .app file. so I'm not able to deploy .app to all via casper admin and jss. i also tried to create a pkg with Composer, but after i deplo...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Indexiing stuck?

I set a dmg of the OS indexing. iThe progress bar has gone all they way across - it went all the way in about 20 minutes but has been showing as "indexing **.dmg for the last 3 hours. How do i know if its completed? The package is 7.75GB's.Thanks Joh...  View more

9e31b505ccdd4aaebf1962d5f7240905
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stiff-armed by Apple (spoiler: this is a rant)

Help me JAMF Nation, you're my only hope.... I am the sole proprietor of my company's IT department (approx. 75 units), a department I've been growing from scratch for a little over a year and a half. I do it all: Casper Suite, Network Services, Clou...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors