Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Confusion with pkg deployment

Hi Everyone, This is only my second post here so please understand Im still a rookie when it comes to driving the JSS. I have successfully deployed flash and java updates by recompiling the source in composer before uploading the dmg to Casper and th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting Expiry date of Certificate

Hi, Has anyone ever tried to pull the expiry date of any Certificate? I can see it is in my Keychain and also can see the last date there. But I need to find a way to pull report from all Macs and send out notification based on expiry date.Unable to ...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 1 kudos

El Capitan virtualization

Has anyone been succesful to run 10.11 on a VM (ESXi 6)? The installer seems to work fine but upon completion of the install the machine reboot to the crossed out circle.  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

.APP Installations

I'm looking to easily install some programs that are .app. We use LogMeIn and Cisco Jabber in our company and haven't been successful with Composer to create either DMGs or .PKGs. When downloaded they are of the .app extension which isn't supported i...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

FTP/FTPS/SFTP vs SMB/AFP for share access

I was just thinking the other day how Casper does its uploads to SMB or AFP shares. However it allows for distribution of packages/scripts via HTTP. My question then becomes, why not take SMB/AFP out of the equation completely and just go with someth...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Up VPP in JSS

Hello, I am attempting to setup VPP in the JSS. I applied for licenses from Apple for the iWork suite for the 600 MacBooks that I manage. They emailed me and told me that I had not installed my VPP token yet in my mdm, how do I install this in the JS...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook prompting DEP instead of autoconfiguring

We recently got our first Macbook in since they were announced. We purchased it through Apple, and DEP was supposed to kick in to enroll it and trigger the initial policies. Something odd happened though. Instead of automatically accepting DEP enroll...  View more

9209c1f9a3bb4d7394285c0704ca1d45
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

A way to assign computers to LDAP user on first login

We are a 1:1 school in grades 7-12 that has all of our students in Open Directory. We bind their computers to the directory due to the mobile Internet filter and user agent which are both installed on the machine. We also have our JSS tied to Open Di...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script to run only on new account creation

I am wondering is it possible to create a script that will only run when a new account is created on the machine. This script will setup a bunch of stuff for the user like Wifi, Admin Rights, Enabling the user for FileVault. The machines are domain b...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted App Store and App Updates

Good morning, For our deployment on student iOS-based devices we restrict the app store and use Self-Service for app installation. One drawback to this setup is update handling on devices. One way we were looking at working with updates is to keep a ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to find files that begin with a space

Hi all, Please forgive my bash scripting ignorance, but I was wondering if one of you scripting gods could help me with a small script or command to output a list of files that start with a space character. Using the find command or something similar...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Going "thin" from big fat Golden Master Image

This summer, we will be re-imaging almost a thousand Macs. We wanted to move away from the good old fat image to a modular one. Few questions though, re: customisation. We are using "tweak-the- English.lproj" to have a uniform look and feel (we use m...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Enrol Mac to Windows Enterprise PKI

Hey Guys,We are implementing Wifi auth (Device) with TLS through Aerohive.Has anyone out there configured auto enrolment of your OSX devices to your Enterprise PKI (Windows Server 2008 R2), eg so they all get their own unique device certificate insta...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable/Restrict Filevault for students

Looking for some help on FileVault2. Don't think there is a need for it with students and wary of the problems it could cause with them losing keys etc. Been looking for a way to disable/restrict the ability to enable filevault. Am I missing it somew...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

M-Time A-Time C-Time command

If you ever need to see how much of your data has been accessed and when, this command can help. If you have over 4tb of storage I recommend using some sort of database to open this file. find / -type f -exec stat -f ""%Sm" "%Sa" "%Sc" "%N" " {} ; > ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FontBlock.sh

This script blocks non admin users from adding fonts to their local user #!/bin/bash#disable's non admin users to install fonts

chown -R root /Users/$3/Library/Fontschmod -R 755 /Users/$3/Library/Fonts exit 0  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for Disabled Accounts

There is a pwpolicy set to disable an account if a password has been entered x number of times incorrectly, and is supposed to reset after a certain amount of time. For some reason i've seen accounts not reset, but stay disabled. I'm able to enable t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bluetooth Not Available on 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13"

Hi all, This isn't so much of a Casper issue, but more of an Apple issue. We've seen about half a dozen cases of Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retinas with "bluetooth not available" issues. A simple restart tends to fix the issue. There were 1-2 more st...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleIdAuthAgent popping up on Yosemite imaged Macs

I've got 10.10.3 machines that get this pop up upon loading the OS. This is before the user even logs in for the first time. Has anybody seen this and got a fix? I'm looking to suppress this. My research has pointed to iTunes helper being in login it...  View more

0c1d1094fd1b408a80c7b7ea22ae27d3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

eBooks

Is there a method or an extension to determine which eBooks have been installed on a Mac client? It'd be nice to see what eBooks a user has downloaded, or have been installed on a Machine. Even better if I can do a search for eBooks based on the vers...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoCad

Just curious - how are you guys managing the deployment of autocad? It's free for students to download and install, but to do that i'd have to give them admin. I would rather push out the package through Self Service. Any suggestions? Thanks!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Go West, dude [Off Topic]

As I tweeted earlier this week, I'm relocating to Southern California next Friday. I'll be driving the 2,800 miles, stopping a few times to meet with family, and stopping in Texas to get water. Just wanted to give a shout out to my boss Jeff Tamburin...  View more

a6f194d238544291b668bf961282333f
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to assign policy to JSS User Group

Hello,Would you please recommend me the best workflow to get policy assigned to JSS User Account/Group? We use LDAP, and I can collect JSS User Accounts to the group, but can not assign the policy to that group of JSS users. The idea is to get some p...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors