Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Extension Attributes Not Filling In On Some Machines.

We've recently become much more proactive in pushing updates to our users' machines. One thing we've set up is a handful of extension attributes that report back the installed version of the various programs. Most machines are reporting back flawless...  View more

9383b186b91148b386102a40cd5ffe7b a48424fe3811414ea422dec320b307f9
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting non-standard Admin account

Anyone have a good script for delete a admin account that is above UID 500? We want to give the users the ability to enroll from the enrollment page with their initially created account, but after they enroll we want to kill all expect the one accoun...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bootstrapping non imaging with Quick Add .pkg

So... From this thread and Greg..... https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=14541 I am going to give this a try ... "Boot the machine in TDM, install your bootstrapping pkgs, shut down. Connect to network, start up. Let your managemen...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging With Windows File Share

We are trying to take advantage of Netboot imaging in addition to our Target Mode imaging, and we would like to use a Windows Server as our file share. It has been brought to my attention that imaging can not be done over SMB so is there any way to s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin (9.72) Crashing when uploading large files

We've been having some serious issues with our master distribution point (windows server) since upgrading to 9.72. When uploading a file larger than 200 MB (approximately), Casper Admin and Finder will both lock up and we won't be able to upload the ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x wired configuration profile not working

Hi Guys We have been having a lot of problems with 802.1x wired machine authentication in our deployment using casper 9.7. What I've seen is that the first time the mac connects to the ethernet network, it shows up the prompts for select configuratio...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Associations - .doc opening in word

I want to adjust file associations so that documents are opened in the correct application. Specifically Word Documents being opened in Word and not text-edit. This seemed to be the default before re-imaging with casper, but now I have to change the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

USB Restriction on standard users

Hi, As for now we are restricting access to USB drives via a configuration profile.This allows us to prompt for a username and password when a USB device is connected.Unfortunately the only credentials that are accepted to mount the drive, are admin ...  View more

93f2d1a947404fb08253e8a453afb3e7
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Casper instead of Workgroup Manager

I am not sure if anyone else has tried or is doing this. We are moving to the golden triangle method of authentication and home folder mapping. However, we would like to use Casper to control the users preferences depends on thier yeargroup etc. To d...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flushing out dscl on logout for lab machine

I know this is an odd question, but I hope someone out in the JNation can assist. I am trying to setup a lab station build. On this build people login against our LDAP to a locked down profile. When they logout the profile is deleted. The hiccup I am...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crucial RAM selector tool in Self Service tip

not sure if anyone is interested in using the Crucial RAM selector tool in Self Service 1) Go to [Crucial.com](www.crucial.com) & download Crucial System Scanner2) Package the app to install in: /usr/sbin/[your_company]/apps/crucial/ 3) Computer Mana...  View more

34e030a7bbaa4a9594de69d08cf4c01d 892c22ea802f49228dd2caf94654a158 a96bd2e9cfb14e8387b0c565ae46e4f2 0f44618c2edf423d938db1b08afb756e
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Force Log Out

I am looking for a way to auto log out a user after being idle for 20 minutes. I need this to be a forced log out, so even if there is something open, it still needs to initiate the log out. Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper admin/remote oddity

So I was working on packaging some applications and wanted to test it on a machine. I went to admin dropped the file, gave it info data. I then went into the console to create a policy for it...all worked fine. So then I opened remote and it said it ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Usage information

Hello, We are currently in the process of moving to Outlook and are wondering if there is a way to extract the usage information of the applications. I know you can look at each individually but has anyone found a way to script it so you can gather a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad App Data (District Logins)

I have a question. Is it possible to create an ipad image and keep app details? For example in the EDU environment I need to install Accelerated Reader on 300 or more ipads. I wanted to be able to keep the district association to the app but so far I...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies failing in Self Service

O Hai, I have a user who can't run any polices via Self Service on their Mac. The scripts/policies that we push down work fine. Quitting and restarting Self Service doesn't help, removing framework and re-enrolling doesn't work. Policy logs in JSS do...  View more

7bbff73d739549958b9c1190f50bf76a
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to use Apple-ID-AppleScript on Yosemite.

I need help in systematically creating 300+ Apple ID at a time for my organization.I tried the instruction from GitHub ( Apple-ID-AppleScriptScript ). https://github.com/aaronfreimark/Apple-ID-AppleScript Thank You,  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue New Recovery Key for FV2

Gang: I am setting up a Policy to issue a new FV2 Revcovery key to systems already encrypted using Casper. However when I go to set the Recovery Key Type, I only see the Individual option. How do I unlock the Institutional or Institutional/Individual...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating management accounts

We are in the process of creating a new management account and have one small question regarding the inner machinations of the JSS: Does the JSS determine which management account credentials to use for a particular client by the mgmt account informa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors