Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

OT **HELP** Active directory migration

So we recently migrated from one AD domain to another and some users that were on the Computer previously Cannot log in.. AT ALL getting the shakes.. When using another user that never logged into the machine log in they get in with no problems it cr...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapping a network drive

My configuration policy is failing. When I log in I get "There was a problem connecting to the server". This is my policy:Configuration Profile GeneralDistribution method = Install AutomaticallyLevel = Computer level Login ItemsNetwork mounts = smb:/...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer driver new version released

I have printers already being deployed via self service, just the other day I saw that these printers now have a newer driver version released a couple days ago. If I want to get these printers to use the newer driver version just released, do I recr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting software sites

We have a number of "Sites" managed by local technical support staff, but unfortunately have been unable to provide them with full access to software deployment since there does not appear to be the way to restrict software packes to Sites. How are o...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Day in the life of a Mac sysadmin....

Hi folks, I'm not sure if this has been done before.... I thought it'd be interesting to hear from others wrt how you spend you spend your working days. As I am fairly new to the Mac sysadmin scene, some of you may identify things that I should be do...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile blocking Yosemite Extensions

Hi, We have started rolling out Yosemite this week (10.10.2) and an employee mentioned that he can't use new the extensions features like the calculator widget in the today bar and the share menu in safari (It displays No Service). The default extens...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flip4Mac settings

Wanted to know if anyone here is managing Flip4Mac I wanted to enforce these Flip4Mac browser plug-in settings under System Preferences -> Flip4Mac on all 10.9.5 clients we support- enable "Launch Flip Player"- enable "Always show movie controller" I...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharing performance

Hello,I start in installation of JSS. Before to give me a share (with SMB), the responsable of the SAN ask me to precise the volume of i/o for JSS.I disarmed for this question and I don't find any informations about this.The first need is to manage 1...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting: Bash, XML, Python & Plist

I've been successful with several scripts working in correlation with policies, but I've noticed that some don't work as well. Sometimes converting from #!/bin/bash to #!/bin/sh work better, and with others just the reverse. I'm sure some of you out ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd Java 8u40 behavior?

I've discovered what seems like buggy behavior with Java 8u40 settings sticking, and I'm hoping someone else might've already encountered this and can point me in the right direction. Obviously, one can deploy Java 8 (even update 40) fairly simply, w...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Executing AppleScript without asking for Admin account

Hi Guys, We've recently come across an issue where PDF files are no longer opened in Safari after installing Adobe Creative Cloud applications. To remedy this problem, I intend to delete the relevant PDF plugins, and have written the following AppleS...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Skips and boots to regular HDD

We made a 10.10 and 10.9 NBI. Then made the 10.9.5 the default and set both to be diskless boot served over NFS (we also tried HTTP). But when we try to Netboot (again on the same device) - it skips straight past and attempts to load HDD. Images were...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory update error

We are getting this error on only one computer when inventory update occurs. Message does not mean much, nothing in the associated logs on the server matches the error message. JSS 9.65Computer running OS 10.10.2 '"Gathering application usage informa...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon Extension Attribute

I had a issue where a macbook air was not triggering a policy for iBeacon printer deployments.long story short, be aware of bluetooth versions! To help identify macs that were capable of Bluetooth 4.0 we made a Extension Attribute.We also made a smar...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Malware in web browser extensions

Hi Guys, I was checking into see if anyone has been seeing a climb in web browser malware being installed through browser extensions? Causing pop ups to appear when on a web browser? If so is there a script I can create to be proactive so our faculty...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes Account Status pending commands

All of my machines have dozens of 'iTunes Account Status' pending commands. Some more than 100. I've cleared them out and they keep coming back. My JAMFSoftwareServer.log gets several of these a second: [WARN ] [oolThread-4] [HttpMethodBase] - Cookie...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restart Options !!! how is it supposed to work?

I have a policy to upgrade from 10.7 OR 10.8 to 10.9 in Self Service. I left the settings in the Restart Options to it's default for the 'user logged in action' which is RESTART IF A PACKAGE OR UPDATE REQUIRES IT and for the 'delay' AMOUNT OF TIME TO...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot Open AutoCasperNBI?

Hello again JAMF! Am I missing something here? I don't see an application to open, just folders. I'm new to AutoCasperNBI, is there something else I'm suppose to do? https://github.com/macmule/AutoCasperNBI  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy SSL certificates to iOS devices

We have an issue with our google safe search at our school and need to come up with a solution. We are looking into enforcing SSL filtering on our fortigate and would need to deploy SSL certs to all of our devices. None of our computers are managed, ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Energy Saver shutdown schedule?

I have a group of Macs that are all scheduled to shut down at night via a configuration profile.Recently I've been asked to ensure that these Macs stay on so that they can run processes overnight.I've added the Macs in question to the Exclusions on t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID

Does VPP assignment shows the Apple ID in JSS that the user has used for enrolling into VPP program.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

content filter - hit and miss?

hi guys, we just rolled out approx 1300 ipads across 655 centers all across Australia. at the moment they are all connecting via a hardware VPN back to our data center and hitting the proxy. we are seeing a massive increase in bandwidth as the users ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Update Server Best Practices

Just wondering what others are doing for managing this and what has worked or what hasn't? I am running 10.9.5 with Server 3.2.2 I am doing the Manual setting and choosing what updates to enable. There are so many updates that don't apply to my users...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors