Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

ADPassMon Script help

Hi Guys, I have started trying use ADPassMon in my environment, it would solve a lot of the issues I am having with AD password resetting and kerberos tickets all in one go (plus of course KEYCHAIN!), however I am trying to use the forked V2 I have m...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

EAP-TLS Connection Troubleshooting

Hi all, I'm trying to troubleshoot the connection from a 10.10 client to an EAP-TLS enabled wireless network. We've verified that the certificate we're using to authenticate is ok, but just getting a 'Connection Failed' while trying to connect. Nothi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit or import a BCD file from within OS X

I am working on trying to get SCCM prestaged imaging working using solely UEFI in this case Windows 8.1 on a 2015 MacBook Pro.I have managed to get everything working successfully.However I am unable to automate one particular step without having to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finding looping policies

I was trying to figure out how to catch looping policies and came up with this. Would work best as an extension attribute feeding a smart group that is looking for anything other than "passed" in that EA. Hope this helps someone else too.Output looks...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device App Scope

I just noticed I can choose either Users or Mobile Devices. Can I assign the app to a group of Users and it automatically assign the app as a VPP assignment and get installed as soon as possible on the iPad since Apple no longer lets Automatic Downlo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos SafeGuard verision 7 Extension Attribute

Deploying Sophos SafeGuard version 7.x. I was able to grab this EA and upload it to the JSS, but it's for version 5x. I thought I figured it out when I saw that Sophos has renamed the sgadmin to sgdeadmin in version 7, and I just updated that in the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporary Auto login user

Before I expend some brain power I'm posting here in hopes that maybe someone has already done this and perhaps would be willing to share the code. I would like to reproduce a temporary auto login on first boot similar to how Casper Imaging does it w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

enable tap-to-click with custom config profile?

I successfully uploaded my plist file in the custom field on my config profile but it seems to have no effect on my mac. I tried both computer and user level too. Any suggestions on what I can do to make this work? ActuateDetents 1 Clicking Drag...  View more

3355781329e845bd93c3a54f8b36bc2d
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Parameter for Set Distribution Point

Scripts in Casper has predefined variables for $1, $2, $3 where $1 = Mount point of the target drive $2 = Computer name $3 = Username In my script, I want to curl from the distribution point (set during Casper Imaging).Is there a predefined variable ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault2 Deferred Enablement Issue

Hello, Issue: I have ran into an issue where not all devices are automatically running filevault disk encryption from policies on the JSS...it is intermittent. Some machines will take the policy without issue on 10.10.3 while others do not. *Symptom:...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Lock Screen

When sending a lock command to mobile devices it displays "LOST IPAD" Is there a location I can change what is displayed? Or is this unique to my JSS?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

DO NOT install 9.7 if you use http distribution points.

And have packages with spaces or special characters in the name. Package deployment will not work. I can't believe they are even still providing it for download. We wasted hours on this. From support:"Likely the reason you all are having issues with ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Issue of Timemachine for me

I have a Timemachine setting problem. And I dig this problem 2 weeks ago but not any progress. Envirment:100 ad doamin Mac pros100 non ad domain Mac book airi have created a backup storage path : afp://server-mp.oocl.com/Backups Problem:1) If I use t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Admin - LP Admin - Group?

Hello everyone, Trying to give staff who are not local admins rights to add and remove printers. I am getting an error when this runs - any ideas or info would be appreciated. Command:sudo dseditgroup -o edit -t group -a "ISDXXXDistrictSecurity Group...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Items policy on new accounts

I have a Policy with the Dock Items payload. It's just set to remove a few of the defaults like Calendar and Mail since we use Outlook instead. We're seeing some strangeness when following this procedure: 1) Network booting and using Casper Imaging t...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 9.7 not rebooting to Target Drive

Is anyone else seeing casper imaging not correctly blessing the internal drive after imaging completes? We keep seeing (since 9.7) Casper Imaging (from netboot with the checkbox selected to reboot to target drive) after imaging completes, it then boo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 9.7 Replicate Errors (OSX 10.10.3)

Hi all New guy here with CasperSuite installed just a month ago. We are running CasperSuite 9.7 on OS X 10.10.3, and our JSS is also 9.7 (Windows server). We currently have a main distribution server, along with four file sharing servers (all using S...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory offline reset password + FV2

Hi all, I thought I would have found the answer by myself… but no! I need your insights. Let's say I have a AD + FV2 setup. Computer is shut down and user has forgotten his password. He logs to an internal webpage and resets password. Now he starts c...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie question about MDM profiles

I recently started at a new company and am noticing a configuration profile, and a MDM profile on laptops and desktops. I found where to edit the configuration profile, but where can I edit the configuration of the mdm profiles? I do not see it under...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin can't open in Yosemite

Hi there, We recently upgraded our JSS server to Yosemite and for some reason the Casper Admin keep prompting the below error message: Casper Admin requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later. Please help! Warm regards,michael  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoDMG Workflow - Admin Account

We have always used Composer to create an OS Package for use with Casper Imaging. For the most part it works very well. Install an OS on a machine. Make a few customizations and then create an OS Package from it with Composer. I've been playing aroun...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite App Store Installer with Supplemental Update?

I'm currently downloading the Yosemite installer app from the App Store to get the answer to this question, but my internet connection is slow so I figure I'll ask instead because I'm impatient... Does anyone know if the current installer app will be...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari equivalent to Chromium's policy list?

Hi JAMF Nation! Is there a Safari equivalent to Chromium's policy list for Chrome? I'm trying to expand my knowledge/add more options to my Safari Configuation Profile. I can't seem to find anything on Google or Apple's Mac OS X developer's page. I'm...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi dropping and SSID's not visible

Greetings i know this is less of jamf/casper issue, however we'd ran into a wall with this one. For a while now we have an issue in a couple of our offices with the combination of wifi and mac's.The symptoms: wifi connection drops, when trying to rec...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapping network drives

I'm trying to get a simple mount volume script to run when a user logs on to their macbook airs or iMacs. I write the script, then assign it in a policy to run on my test macbook on login. I'm not getting any drives mapped at all. I can cmd+k and typ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors