Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

NetBoot/SUS Appliance - Updating The Appliance

Is there a way to update an already-deployed NetSUS appliance? Is it as simple as running the installer for the 3.0.2 version on an appliance running 3.0.1? Also, is it recommended to use apt to upgrade the OS and other packages, etc. periodically? I...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory Services

What is everyone using for directory services? Right now my company has OD running, but nothing bound to it. We have a mix of workstations OSX and Windows, but are mostly a OSX shop. Is the standard deployment AD&OD for everyone? If I just bind to OD...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

delay for password prompt

In my Yos FB script, I want to change how long after the screen saver starts that it prompts for a password to unlock the machine. The request is to have it immediate, but I can't seem to find the command to do so, 5 seconds seems to be the best I ca...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.61 and device enrollment issues

Hi everyone, I just upgraded our JSS server about a week ago from 9.31 to 9.61 and for the most part, everything has been going smoothly. Device enrollment via imaging is working fine, but if I try to go to https://jss.mycompany.com:8443/enroll/ on a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

PKI Authentication with CAC card issues.

Hello fellow JAMF peoples, I need some help if you all have a minute. Some of our users where I work (DOD client, all of the 10.8 users in our environment) are experiencing issues with their CAC card login. It's a PKI authentication error. They can l...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applications show multiple copies of same Printer

Has anyone seen this before? I've attached a photo where the app shows MANY copies of the same printer. If you look in System Preferences at the printers though, everything looks fine. At this time its only been reported from 2012 MacBook Airs runnin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent Login Issues for iMacs on Mavericks

I can't give a lot of specifics because I don't have them...but I'm hoping someone can offer some good suggestions to help us try and figure out what might be going on with our Macs in the district. So far it only seems to be happening in our hardwir...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite and disabling gatekeeper using a profile

We use a profile to disable gatekeeper. This was working fine in Mavericks, but machines upgrading to Yosemite now find the value reset to "Mac App Store and identified developers". I see the profile for both versions has a com.apple.systempolicy.con...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite and disabling gatekeeper using a profile

We use a profile to disable gatekeeper. This was working fine in Mavericks, but machines upgrading to Yosemite now find the value reset to "Mac App Store and identified developers". I see the profile for both versions has a com.apple.systempolicy.con...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sending me off for training, what should I learn?

Hey everyone! My job wants to send me off for some training in something/anything I'm interested in. I'm trying to figure out what I want and I'm asking for your suggestions. Some day I want to make iOS apps/games and I know Objective-C is the way to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wirelurker

Has anyone made the changes to the Palo Alto Wirelurker detector script so it can be used as a Extension Attribute? Thanks.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forensics Software

We are currently using an existing forensics software on our Windows machines and would like to find another solution for the Macs because our current software does not work with FileVault. Does anyone use forensics software on their Macs along with ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slides available

Hi Everyone, A PDF of the slides from my JNUC 2014 presentation (Objects to Objects, The Casper Suite API through Ruby) are now available at http://pixaranimationstudios.github.io/jss-api-gem/Object_To_Objects-JSS_API_Through_Ruby.pdf The home page f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to enroll 1 Mac in my company.

I am unable to enroll a Mac in my company. It is literally the only one that has failed every time. I have tried to enroll this Mac via Recon, a script in ARD, and from the enrollment URL. The logs seem to indicate it didn't work. Here are the logs f...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Code

Did Mike Harris ever post any of the tools he should during his presentation?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Link on dock

Is there a way for me to push a link on a dock for a shortcut. I need to drop a link for a cart of 30 that's for testing.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

REALLY Weird Create User Pkg Issue

I have been using Create User Pkg for a while to create admin user accounts on our Macs through policy. It has worked well. I use this to activate the root account on our Macs at imaging. I set a user id of "0", set the home directory to /var/root/, ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Restarts on Desktop Load

Has anyone seen an issue where you netboot a computer, it gets to the desktop and then after a few seconds it just restarts? I can't get it to stay connected to netboot long enough to do anything. It is on an iMac(iMac Intel Early 2008) model that I ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to see if Firefox is running

I'm having trouble with a script to see if Firefox is running. I am by no means a coder, so any help is appreciated. Here is what I am trying - #!/bin/bash process="Firefox"processrunning=$( ps axc | grep "${process}" ) if [ "$processrunning" != "" ]...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server.app and Apple ID Association

When I open the App Store on my Mac mini server and click on an update to Server.app it will prompt for an Apple ID. It has my Apple ID greyed out. Since I'm not the only administrator of this server, I'm curious if that means another admin would not...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors