Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Creative Cloud packaging tool and media available today

If you are an Adobe ELA customer you should have access to CC media and tools. We are at the Adobe Creative Cloud Enterprise seminar in Dallas, will hit them up with the key deployment/management questions...including the need for zero-touch removal ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-Casper machine with Restricted Software

I have a user that somehow managed to get restricted software running on their system. but it's not managed by casper. I'm thinking he restored a time machine backup from his work machine's backup to her personal machine. is there any way to remove t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where Are These MCX Managed Preferences In JSS?

We're trying to migrate our Workgroup Manager preferences to JSS and we're not finding managed preference templates for a lot of our WGM settings. Here are a few of the keys I've found in our WGM configuration that I can't find equivalents for in JSS...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple certificates on a single JSS?

I am installing an additional JSS in our DMZ. And it occurred to me that if we had separate DNS entries (in internal DNS and external DNS), we could use one FQDN to resolve to both JSSs. So, when a laptop user brought their machine in to work, they w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newest MacBook Air won't boot from previous 10.8.4 image

I tried to boot the newest MacBook Air from a standard 10.8.4 imaged external drive (thunderbolt, and USB) and it got the universal "no access" symbol. So back to the drawing board creating a new image from scratch. Anyone else experience this? I gue...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

filling Mobile Device App Catalog

We are just starting to use the IOS side of Casper and with the Focus you have to have the app in the Mobile Device App Catalog, I have over 200 apps, do I really have to add each one individually?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5.5 install on imaging

Has anybody successfully installed CS5.5 when imaging? We're using an SMB share, have packaged the .pkg inside of a dmg per this article. https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=161 DMG is in the waiting room and does successfully mount, ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete All Users except local admin

I currently have mobile accounts on all of my student computers. I know, I know I could change them to strictly network accounts, but sometimes it's convenient for them to be able to save to the desktop and the teachers freak out a little less. Anyho...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS in DMZ Issue

Hi all, The kiosk account project I was working on is now on hold. So i've turned my attention back to our HTTPS distribution point in our DMZ project. So far we've got an RHEL 6.3 virtual server running Apache 2.2 working nicely as an HTTP distribut...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing PDF's to students?

Hello,I work in a school district that is rolling out iPads in the fall (1:1 for about 1100 students) and have a few concerns that I am hoping someone has experience with. We sent our textbooks to be scanned and converted to PDF files with plans to d...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Cs5

I downloaded Adobe CS5 Installed Products.composer from the jamf website I cannot get this to open in composer how do I do this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 8.71 issues in 10.8.4

I'm trying to create an OS Package for 10.8.4, but I'm not having any luck. When I initially ran Composer, it would be mounted and I could select that to build the package with. After trying to create the package, Composer closes without any messages...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Appending Existing Computer Names

The naming convention on our Mac platform is firstname.lastname followed by OS version. Example: John.DoeXVI I'd like to append only the beginning of each computer name to reflect different AD OU's. For example: ADOU1-John.DoeXVIADOU2-Jane.DoeXVI I k...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management account used EA?

Anyone got an EA that reports back the management account used? Or a way to smart group machines based on management account?  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Am I ok imaging this way?

In reference to this article:https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=319I became concerned. Currently, I am using the InstallESD.dmg for 10.8.4 with InstaDMG to create an unbooted image for use with Casper Imaging. I have test deployed th...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can you combine a static group in a smart group?

Please forgive me if this is really simple, i can't seem to figure this out. Here's the situation: I need to handle the patching of Apple Software Updates on the Macs that I manage, but there are some Macs that need to be manually patched because of ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Caspersuite 8.71 not working on 10.9 preview

I am testing Mac OS 10.9 and I am unable to use Caspersuite v8.71. I know this was an issue with the previous OS X previews (as referenced here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=4326) and it seemed that the resolution involved u...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT-Splitting VPP Codes

Hi,I have some vpp code spreadsheets with 800 codes and wonder how to split those between 10 sync nodes I found the following, and wonder if anyone has experience on which way works better, where troubles arise? Apple Discussions: Yes, there are two ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding 10.8.3 Casper 8.71

I have been having this issue with binding my computers to AD via Casper Imaging and I wanted to see if there was a solve. I have been looking at the discussion board, but it seems that I havent been able to find the problem. First, this is what I am...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 1.3

I'm not sure if anyone here has tested the updated version of Configurator or was aware that they added the ability to install apps with the App Store disabled. My excitement over this feature dwindled when I found an iDevice enrolled in Casper would...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 1 kudos

Casper Imaging stalling after a few batches

Okay so i want to see if anyone is or has experienced this besides me. We have our jss and 3 distribution points which are running mountain lion. We can image 8 to ten computer at a time but after we do two or three batches that number decreases and ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS/Netboot appliance - additional interface

Hello all, We're having some issues using our Macs with the netboot appliance or Mac OS X server based on a server subnet. The netboot process fails when a mac tries to connect with BSDP and IP helper on the routers. We also tried the sudo bless comm...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles. Max passcode age. Mac OS X.8

So in getting ready to move to X.9 I have started testing Configuration Profiles, and I wanted to get Max passcode age working. Has anybody working with Mac OS X.8? This Apple doc says the key is "maxPINAgeInDays" and kinda implies that is should wor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customize login/logout status to user

Regarding the JSS > Settings > Computer Management Framework > Login/Logout Hooks > "Display status to user during login and logout" setting, can the status that this setting displays be customized (such as to display company logo, etc)?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors