Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2 is Now Available!!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2. We've added support for Apple's Declarative Device Management along with a few refinements and fixes. Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta features many fixes and some exciting new enhancements including ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.41 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.41. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, review the release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Lion

Oh, I get it... Had to read it four times... LOL! --Mr. Mudd | IT Department  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox 5.0.1 upgrade

Has anyone seen this issue? I created a job in Composer using the New & Modified snapshot. I upgraded Firefox Ver. 3.6.19 to Ver. 5.0.1. The MAC I did the upgrade works just fine. I then take the newly created .dmgand deploy it through Casper to a ma...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf setOFP in 10.6.8

Can anyone get this to work? I have a Macbook Air running 10.6.8 (shipped with 10.6.7) and I set the firmware password via script and this is not working, the command actually goes through with no errors but when I reboot holding the option key I don...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX Problem

I'm having a weird problem and don't know where to look. I'm using MCX through Casper. I just imaged a group of iMacs. The user mcx setting are working fine. The computer settings were there, but when I logged out they disappeared. Now I can't get th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Lion

I know there have been discussions on how to block users from installing LION. But I know we have some people out there who will believe they "need" it. In my efforts, I currently I have: - a smart group to remove the app store if detected. - MCX "Re...  View more

• 48 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Netboot

Hi, Has anyone made a Lion Netboot image yet. Does it still work with the resource kit? Do you need Lion server for it to Netboot? Best wishes Michael  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain Password Management

Hello, I work for a company that uses Active Directory. The Macs are managedthrough JAMF. Network passwords for all users are forced to be changed byAD on a regular basis. Every time this happens, the passwords for keychainentries must be manually re...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS 5.5 package error

Hello, It sounds like several folks here have had good luck creating and deploying a package for Adobe CS 5.5. I have not, and I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm creating a package for CS 5.5 Design Premium using the AAMEE ver 2.0 t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

mcx import via script post image

So, I am having a bit of issues importing MCX to a specific account post image. My post image script creates all local user accounts, and it uses the jamf binary to do so. This works fine, however, I also have this line: dscl . -mcximport /Users/stud...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

disable app store log ins

I cannot google this for the life of me. I remember reading somewhere there was a MCX setting to disable any account for logging into the App store...anyone point me to a link or MCX setting? Thanks, Tom  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apply a Dock to a Specific User

Hello All! I am trying to get consistent operation when applying a user dock. I create the dock by capturing it in Composer while logged in as that user...let's say "student". I get it staged to be part of a policy that also creates said account on a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's running your JSS?

I'm curious about something... New (or not so new) Casper admins: now that Apple has done away with theXserver, what are you running your JSS on? At my place, we have arelatively small Casper deployment - around 47 Macs in two locations ­ andhave our...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6.8 Funkyness?

Is anyone else noticing anything funky happening since 10.6.8 was installed? --Matt Lee, CCA/ACMT/ACPT/ACDTSenior IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper AdministratorFox Networks Group  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

PSE Organizer fails for network users

I hope this isn't too off topic (and if it is, I'd be happy to be pointed toa better place to ask). I suspect some of you may have seen the issue. I've got Photoshop Elements 9 packages up for our image and deployed. Itworks fine for local accounts, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Updates At Logout With Lock Screen

Hi all, We are currently in the testing phase of binding our Macs to AD, at the moment all our Mac users have admin rights which means they can install their own updates (or not as the case may be!) and obviously when we go over to AD this will no lo...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple's answer to Final Cut Pro X deployment

Is anyone else wondering how they're going to deploy software that is currently only available in App Store? Gotten any different word from their Apple account manager or engineers? When I got my email from Apple with a list of 50 individual serial n...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

cannot create home folder (or something)

I have one of the computers that was used by a teacher, which had been imaged by casper. So now a new teacher is getting it, and we're having issues. It's the computer and not the image, as it works fine on 200 other teacher machines. We imaged this ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX To control proxy

Hi All I'm looking for a way to set and lock the proxy settings in Sys Prefs. I don't want to lock networking as the kids still need to be able to change networks at home, but I want to lock a certain proxy server in place so that it cant be changed....  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

CCA in Durham, North Carolina @ Duke University

To all - Duke University is proud to host an upcoming Casper Certified Administrator's course in Durham, North Carolina from August 23 - 26. We plan on some special gatherings during this time for our Mac community as well as hosting a meeting of the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Package Creator

What is the name of the Adobe Application that allows you to make CS5 packages. AMMEE, AIME, something like that. Thanks in advance.-- "Chaos Theory is a new theory invented by scientists panicked by the thought that the public were beginning to unde...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

dmg disapearing from Casper Admin

Any thoughts on what might cause a dmg to simply disappear from Casper Admin? I added a new OS disk image into Admin. I can see the file sitting in the CasperShare/Packages folder right where it ought to be. A few hours later, it's literally gone, an...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Physical Inventory

Hey everyone - I know the JSS has some great tools for managing your live inventory-- when the resource is on the floor and calling home. But we're interested in strengthening our pre and post JSS inventory - so when machines first arrive but aren't ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels 6 vs VMWare 3.1 query

I know MacTech did a review and shows Parallels 6 is better than VMWare Fusion 3. The review focuses on performance. Our challenge is to decide on which preserves our ROI best. If performance is high but support doesn't answer emails or calls, then o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Volume Purchase...

http://www.apple.com/business/vpp/ The App Store features thousands of great business apps designed todeliver immediate benefits for your company. With the App Store Volume Purchase Program, your businesscan tap into the potential of these world-clas...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

AAMEE

So I use AAMEE to make a package and it creates a folder on the desktop. Do i Use the PKG in the folder or do I create a DMG from the folder somehow. If the answer is the second, how does one go about doing that? -- Experts claim that 72% of all stat...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors