Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Single Sign On Mountain Lion

Hi guys ive followed this and it works https://wikispaces.psu.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=111411809&navigatingVersions=true Only problem is that i open a system preference pad lock authentication as the localadmin account i can see in the Ticket...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Append Location & Department with QuickAdd ?

Hello, I am going to be adding approximately 400 machines to our inventory using the QuickAdd package and wondered if there is way to populate the Location and Department fields using the package, rather than entering them by hand after the package h...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Startup Disk" list with command line

Hi all,I know this isn't a Casper question but I thought someone out there has the answer for it and can be good one to determine NetBoot availability.I am trying to extract the "Startup Disk" preferences pane item list. Any idea where this info come...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-Volume license Microsoft office deployment

My company is not large enough for the volume license to be at all worth it.Has anyone come up with a creative way to use Casper to make this a less painful process? Is there a way to use one file for deployment as long as we purchase the right amoun...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Advanced logging for wi-fi

Just found this gem of info, hopefully someone else will find it useful. http://prowiki.isc.upenn.edu/wiki/Enabling_Advanced_Logging_for_Wireless_in_Mac_OS_X Duplicated (and cleaned up a bit) here in case the source goes away: Airport and/or Wi-Fi Lo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why is quoted text being bolded?

There seems to be an issue where quoted text gets bolded. I sent screenshots to the JAMF gods, but I wondered if anyone else is seeing it too? Two images: Existing Post (what you see in the Edit window)Update Your Post (what shows up when posted) Don...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

netsus Appliance - sus issues

When I setup a Branch on for sus updates within the netsus appliance I selected everything. I now wish to remove some of the downloaded patches however simply unticking the patch in the Web interface seems to do nothing. Should unticking the patch re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Purge memory?

In a discussion someone mentioned they use purge memory in self service. Unfortunately I can't find the discussion. If it you please can you tell me how you did it? I cant see options in self service so I take it you must have a custom script Thanks  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flushing Caches Best Practices

Hello, I have a topic regarding Casper maintenance options and could use the community’s assistance. Recently at Extensis we’ve encountered customers who have chosen to run the “Flush (User and System) Caches” on their machines at startup but are not...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Networked Account UID Issue

Ok, so here's the long and short of an issue that's beginning to creep into our setup. Last year we were on 10.6.8 server and clients. We had roughly 600 machines in use and all users were networked with Mobile Home Syncing occurring. In the last 2-3...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaged machines not enrolling

[JSS 8.62, Imaging 8.62, OS X 10.8.2 from a 13" Retina MBP] The punchline is that I'm getting a machine that won't enroll after imaging. Here are the details: I'm imaging a 13" Retina from behind a Thunderbolt Display (registered as a Removable MAC) ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Client Proxy setup Using MCX

I want to check the function.Somehow IT can disable proxies setup for student's laptop using Casper suite.Because many students bypass our webfilter using web proxy server.Can you give me some idea how to solve this issue?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife 11 not updating in my 10.8.2 image

Huge problem discovered yesterday. I found out my iLife 11 series, is not getting updated on the 10.8.2 image I've created. Specifically iPhoto, it's stuck at 9.3.2. When I attempt to manually update, the updater says 9.1 is required. When I manually...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy execution based on network segments

I am looking to create a policy that will run with 2 options. One option will run if the device is within a specified network segment in Casper and if not found in a network segment then the other option will work. Background:We have a content filter...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removal of framework breaks OSX WGM

We have had OSX WGM managing preferences for the computers for a while very successfully. The installation of JAMF broke the setup. When the RemoveFramework script was activated all JAMF software was removed but the clients are not responding to WGM ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf flushPolicyHistory for specific policy?

Is it possible to flush the policy history of a particular policy from the client? Something like [code]jamf flushPolicyHistory -id 217[/code] ? Just wondering, and thinking it might be handy when testing...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

packaging adobe reader 11, plugins ONLY

Hey everyone, Any way to package the adobe reader 11 plugins for Safari only? I don't want to have to rely on Reader.app or Acrobat Pro.app to be installed on the Mac. SO far I haven't had any luck with this. TIA!Andrew  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way to push Apple Software full URL?

I'm having a problem with Casper's built in Software Update Server setup. I want clients to use the full URL pointing directly to the catalog of our software update server (http://software.server.edu:8088/index-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.m...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors