Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What's new in the Jamf Pro 10.33 Release

Hi Jamf Nation and happy JNUC 2021! Today we released Jamf Pro 10.33 which includes support for Account-driven user enrollment for iOS/iPadOS. This workflow streamlines the user enrollment onboarding process and focuses on providing corporate access ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 8 kudos

NetInstalls for new, out-of-the-box systems?

We're just getting ready for our Jump Start with JAMF next week and puttingtogether a lab of a couple of dozen new Intel iMacs. We're having troublewith the NetBoot process. We have had the image on the Casper server and alocal distribution point. Bu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

root account(feature request?)

I've thought about this for quite some time now and it's not a big deal but would anyone else benefit from having the option to fill the root account when you fill existing users?? Also, I think that the fix ByHost files should fix the root ByHost fi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

help with netboot override

Help pls chaps, Background - I have 2 netboot servers running a Casper netinstall image for imaging my macs, the image is load balanced between the 2 servers, i.e it has the same ID and is the same netinstall image. It is set as the default image on ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netinstall Image Creator Problem

Has anyone used the Casper Netinstall Image Creator? Everytime I use it, and have it save to the Netboot folder, all it does us create a nbi folder with a pref file in it and that's it. If I have it save onto the desktop, it creates the dmg as it sho...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows Recon

I can run recon locally on all macs OK, but not on our Windows XP boxes - it just complains of not being able to locate the server....any ideas what could be wrong? I have a plain-vanilla install of XP with recon 6.01 on it...no dice. Thanks,j  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

printers - authentication required

We had a lab printer go offline for a period of time. During this time some of the computers in the lab attempted to print. Somehow this stopped the print que. When the print que is stopped and a student attempts to print they can addthe job to the q...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

server performance

Hi, what is maximum bandwidth you guys get from you Xserves, my networks tell me I can never get more that 480MB/sec from my XServer no matter what NIC i have in it. Do any of you guys get more than that? Regards Criss Criss MyersSenior Customer Supp...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Air (MBA)- Printing Issues

Does anyone on the list have MBAs in their environment? If so, any issuesprinting? I'm using a 10.5.4 image built on MBP 2.6 using retail OSinstaller. I can setup print queues but when I send a print job it getsstuck in the queue with a message it'll...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

software update server

I have one in place, and have a self service policy set to ongoing that will set the server and install all updates, and I have the server set in my JSS and have it set as default update server on all of my network segments. Yet when I run software u...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service supports HTML

I don't know if you all were aware of this, but I am downloading open source software and making optional self service installs. I wanted to create links to the license type and to the software's main page so the end user could view them before insta...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Environment for group of users

We've started preparing for our online testing deployment and I'd like to trigger installs of software and user environment settings based on a login of certain users or a group of users. For example, when "testing1" logs in who is a member of the AD...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

killing processes

So we're creating some small scripts to kill processes off before upgrades via self-service... Since I've been in cocoa land for awhile, I'm not sure what it means when you see a "_psn_xxxxxxx" after a process. Of course, those are the ones that wont...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass edit of Location information - Inventory

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to mass edit location information formachines. I have some labs that I want to tag against a business owner ofthe equipment and don't want to edit each one individually if I can help it. Chris  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point - Update Now

Is there a way to force an immediate update of a and/or the distributionpoint(s)? I determined I can set a schedule for the next available 15 minutes, butthat kind of seems like a hinky way to do it - I was hoping there was abutton I could push somew...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing entries from Search paths

Does anyone know how to remove entries from the Contacts search policy in Directory Utility from the command line? I can remove entries from the Authentication search policy, but not Contacts. Thanks, Jeffrey A. StraussDepartment of Educational Techn...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reset Printing System from Command Line?

Is anyone familiar with a way to run the Reset Printing System from thecommand line? Since OSX 10.5 requires an administrator password just to addand remove printers, I'm building a Self Service package that our end userscan use and I'd like to inclu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

dmg vs pkg

Hi All, Which is better for perfomance and speed during delivery ? A dmg package or a pkg package? I notice that when i convert a pkg to a dmg it was much much bigger Cheers Criss Criss MyersSenior Customer Support Analyst (Mac Services)Apple Certifi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD binding issues

OK, so this time it's an AD binding issue: Can I delete the /Active Directory/All Domains entry from my Authentication and Contacts search policies in Directory Utility with Casper? Every time I test my binding procedure, duplicate AD entries are dis...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating .dmg from .pkg

Hi all, Can I use the convert function in Composer to create a distributable .dmg from a .pkg file I've created? If so, how do I do it? Just point Composer to the .pkg and hit go? Thanks! Jeffrey A. StraussDepartment of Educational TechnologySystems ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point

Hi, We are setting up a remote site with approx. 30 machines that will need management through Casper. We obviously want those machines managed from a local distribution point at the facility, but does that machine have to be running a server version...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

2 part question - Software update server and MySQL

First and easiest question I have set up a SUS and it is now currently caching downloads. It has a static IP and FQDN. I have it set as the default SUS in all network segments. Now, I can go into WGM in our open directory and apply the Software Updat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory and Recon Inventory

Hi all We currently are getting all of our Mac and PC running recon withoutproblem. However I am wanting to get a username against our PC assets thatshow up in the inventory. Has anyone done this or have any ideas how to goabout it? Appreciate it. Ja...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Help: Logged On user

This is the dumbest thing, but I need some help with some scripting ifpossible. I have a policy that calls a shell script that's already local on the box(why it has to be local I won't get into here) when a particular set ofusers logs on as defined i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

WebHelpDesk/Casper Integration (WORKING)

With these instructions:http://jamfsoftware.com/kb/article.php?id=022 We were able to get our copy of WHD (9.1.5/6) working with HelpDesk - no more importing!!! Only caveat is that helpdesk appears to map some asset info automatically, and cannot (ye...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Curious

Has anyone else received the error 'the package does not contain a validindex.bom file' when attempting to install a pkg over http in version 6.01? I have been getting this since our upgrade to version 6 of the Casper suiteand have yet to figure out ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Mobile

Anyone else able to get it working? I just get blank screens (from each mini-app) after putting in the credentials... Thanks,jeremy  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP binding to AD

Hi All, I am still new to Casper and am trying to get it binding via LDAP to our ADdomain...Keep getting the following error: The following errorwas generated performingthe LDAP Lookup: Error performing LDAP Lookup:javax.naming.AuthenticationExceptio...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors