Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Dual boot Casper Fusion Drive Imaging.

Hey Guys, We currently have deploystudio for deployment however they don't quite support fusion drives. We are also using casper 8.62 for device management and image creation. My questions is before I go ahead, Does casper imaging support Fusion Driv...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault - Boot Partition Encrypted

How would you go about finding out why casper is only reporting: Boot Partition Encrypted vs All Partitions Encrypted, when I go into the inventory, I only see one drive and it says 100% encrypted.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Distribution

Hello - I require some assistance with the distribution of Configuration Profiles to newly imaged machines. Here is the situation: - 1 configuration profile configured w/ 5 AD certificates- 1 Configuration profile configured with corporate wifi setti...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 Updates via casper

Hi All, I have run into a slight issue when updating office 2011 on our casper system. At present we have around 70 macs running office. Some are on version 14.0.0 ( service pack one) and some are on version 14.2.3 When I download the .pkg updaters f...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Winclone and Casper Imaging Issues

I recently purchased Winclone Pro 3.7 to help with deploying dual-boot labs with the Casper Suite, but I am having a problem restoring the Winclone image. Here are the steps I use to create the image:0) Partition the HDD with 3 partitions: Macintosh ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion, sandboxed apps and symlinks. Fail.

Hi All, Whilst this is not a Casper issue per se I was hoping others may have come across this issue and have any advice. My company's workflow is to partition the main drive into two, Macintosh HD and Users incorporating a symlink to the Users parti...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

pmset script error - 0xe00002bc

Hi everyone, I wrote a fairly simple script to implement our energy setting policy. It basically consists of a bunch of pmset commands to set things up. So far, it has worked flawlessly until today. Here's the error log report: Script result: 2013-01...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dallas/Ft. Worth-area JAMF User's Group

That's right guys and girls, coming soon to a location near you (if you live near DFW) is our very own user's group. Spurred on not just by the recent User's Groups in Iowa and Boston (okay, maybe it's a little bit spurred on by that), but also by th...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Command to Refresh Self-Service

I am looking to refresh self-service at the end of one my scripts in order to detect the new network range. Some background:We currently run an applescript that prompts a user for a username and password, connects the Cisco IPSec VPN, and runs "kinit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display SEP 12 Version in Inventory

Hello,I'm unsure how exactly to display the version of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x in my Inventory.I'm guessing I need extension attributes to accomplish this and I have a few that I hacked together or was given, yet I'm unsure how to exactly f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator Backup

We have several provisional nodes using Apple Configurator to deploy paid applications to our site's iPads. We have yet to decide on a backup strategy for the Configurator directory which contains all of the sites redemption codes, users, and documen...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Double Policy Log when installing CS6 Web Premium

Hello All, I am testing the install of CS6 with policys. I created two packages to test. 1. CS6 Web prem with the updates installed created with AAMME 3.1 and 2. CS6 Web prem with no updates with AAMME 3.1. The policys I have in place are: 1st policy...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 7 Update 11 - Install failure

Hello JAMF Nation - I recently started deploying Java 7 Update 11, and I've been experiencing some errors on a few machines. The machines seem to all be 10.7.4 workstations (the package seems to install OK on 10.8.2 - but has also been successful on ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Casper Suite vs. Microsoft's CM2012 w/ SP1

I am working to bring the Casper Suite solution into our Active directory environment. However the final hurdle I seem to be facing is with SCCM manager. He is saying that now Microsoft is offering several of the items Casper does and we are already ...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting Tools for REST / API

In our environment we have a need to create custom JSS reports. JAMF told me that I should not query the MySQL DB directly since they update the schema often and instead I should access the API. They pointed me to the https://OurServer:8443/apiFrontP...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sharp Multifunction Badge Printing

We have a project to get badge printing working here. I'm wondering if anyone on the list has completed this... Short synopsis is we are setting it up to print to a print cue, that when a user badges in at the printer nearest to him/her - the job app...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer checkin history

Is there any place where each of the computer check-ins (Last Time) are logged? I'm wanting to know how frequently certain machines are off and on the network. Thanks,Matt  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrictions Config profile problem.

Hey all, Having an issue with a restrictions config profile. The config profile has a restriction set to block access to the Profiles preference pane. However it's also blocking access to all the of third party preference panes, i.e, Wacom, etc. Noth...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to spot Adobe Trial version?

I want to remove all the Adobe trial versions that users may have installed on their Macs. Does anyone know what file/s to look for? So that I can write up a Extension Attribute script to identify them.We have a volume license and I create my Adobe p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage Not Automatically Imaging

I've deployed a PreStage today and have found that it logs in to Casper Imaging and pre-populates all the data. However, it doesn't automatically start imaging the device, I have to manually press the Install button. I've successfully used PreStage t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams

Hello JAMF Nation!We've received some questions here in regards to deploying Adobe Creative Cloud for teams with the Casper Suite and we wanted to offer a couple pointers. Depending on what tools we're looking to deploy we can actually leverage the c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to access JSS mobile

Hi!I am trying to access the JSS mobile to do inventory work through Casper on my iPhone. For the JSS Address I am typing in our Casper website that we access on our computers and it's not liking it. I assume I need to be typing something else to con...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving on - Burbank opportunity

After three and a half years, I decided it was time to move on so I explored, found and accepted another job. I gave notice on Dec 24, and this is my final week (two weeks is never enough at this level). Company is Capgemini, client is Warner Bros., ...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors