Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro.Jamf Pro 10.43.1 fixes the following product issue:[PI110938] Jamf Pro no longer sends looping InstallProfile MDM commands to computers in the scope of automated deployments for Jamf Protect.Fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43 Now Available

Update 31 January 2023: Today we released 10.43.1. Full details, including the Cloud Upgrade schedule, are posted here. Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.43. Highlights of this release include: Conditional Access Registration Improvements The proces...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

10.7 Install Media

10.7 media can be made by digging in to the .app and using disk utility, either to optical or bootable partition:http://forkbombr.net/need-a-burn-a-lion-boot-disc/ Hopefully NetInstall images can be made the same way as this then:http://yourmacguy.wo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking 10.7 Lion Installation for Admin users

With the impending release of Lion in July, we're quite concernedabout our students' ability to upgrade to Lion. We don't want them to. - All our students are admin users on their laptops (yes, I know, Iknow; but politically it's a sensitive issue an...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging VirtualBox and VM

Has anyone had any luck packaging VirtualBox and a virtual machine to go along with it? I've reviewed the white paper on VMware and will use it as a guide to get started but was wondering if anyone else had done this with success. Thanks,Tom ------- ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN service

Hi- We have been using Apple’s VPN service over Cisco’s software for a while and have been pretty happy with how it works. Has anyone been able to gather Apple’s network service settings and make a script or MCX that would apply those VPN settings? U...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

WWDC 2011

Anyone keeping an eye on this? http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/06/wwdc-2011-liveblog-steve-jobs-talks-ios-5-os-x-lion-icloud-an Lot of the 10.7 stuff seems a bit scary for IT management. Personally, I find it stupid that a mobile OS is influencing a ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rolling out Absolut Computrace

Hey Does anyone have any experience with rolling out Computrace withCasper? I'm trying the script method and not having much successpushing it out with Casper. Any insight from anyone would be great...~Joseph -- ... HUGEJoseph Simon / Jr. System Admi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto launcing an application for all users

I ran across a neat little app via AFP548 for monitoring disk quotas for OD users. the app works like a charm, but I am having issues with getting it to launch at login. I packaged up the app with a custom LaunchAgent plist... unfortunately my xml au...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Pro Ram

I'm going to be getting an older MacPro (2 x 2.66Ghz dual-core Xeon) to use as a DP. Does anyone have a recommendation for memory for this? All I can see is that its DDR2 PC2 5300 FBDIMM. I'll be putting at least 8GB of RAM in it; if you think more i...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

SWU set but where?

I have SWU servers set in each country, I have them applied to the buildings/networks etc in settings.and now I have updates showing up finally in the JSS, but when I check the plist for softwareupdate I do not see that CatalogURL is being set. And w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Issue Question

So all of the sudden Netboot stopped working outside of the building I am in. It used to work and just one day it stopped. Our Network Engineer did a Wireshark and said that the TTL was the issue but that has never changed nor do I know how to even c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

run script as logged in user, not as root

Having a black out and can't locate the info on this… I know its been a topic on here, so hopefully someone can snap me back to life.The goal is to send a script or simple command to be executed as the currently logged in user –not as root. Anyone ha...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Informal WWDC get-together

Hi folks, Any JAMF Casper users who are going to WWDC in San Francisco next week, we're having an informal Casper get-together next week Wednesday, June 8th "around" noon. We'll meet on the 2nd level of Moscone West, overlooking the corner of 4th and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS5 Installs

I created the installs for CS5.5 using the Adobe Application manager packager utility. However, when I try to deploy one to a test machine I keep getting: Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Error the package pag specified was inv...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

/var/mysql size

Hello all. I have some questions regarding mysql and the casper suite. This is on an xserve running 10.6 server. Mysql ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.88. I was looking into some creeping disk space issues and noticed that my mysql directory was 29GB. As far a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Granular Security for software deployment

Hello, We have two types of licensing for software. One being Site license andothers being individual licensing. Is there a way to set security so onlyperson "x" can push individual licensing, person "y" can push site licensedand person "z" to push a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Internal Update Server

Has anyone here played with this at all. I have been trying to do some google searching on it but haven't found many people talking about it. Also, has anyone installed this on OSX Server yet? --Matt LeeFNG Sr. IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

ExtremeZI-P

Anybody using this product with Casper? We are going to be utilizing this with our Windows based JSS and just wanted to see if anyone else had some feedback. --Matt LeeFNG Sr. IT Analyst / Desktop Architecture Team / Apple S.M.E / JAMF Casper Adminis...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

/Library/Receipts

I just noticed that when installing Office 2011 from Self Service, that it's putting .pkg files into /Library/Receipts. On 10.5 this isn't a problem, but in 10.6 this has been causing me a lot of policy errors when someone tries installing anything t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add somone to the Software Update Notifications

Dumb question... Where do I add someone to receive updates when the local Software Updateserver has downloaded a new update? John Wojda Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 Page:...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can Casper Remote hide some computers

We're a school and we're thinking about giving staff access to Casper Remote for VNC control of student laptops. We're a bit concerned that staff could observe/control other staff members laptops. Is there a way to limit which computers a Casper Remo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome - cloud print

Those of you managing Chrome, are you disabling Chrome cloud print somehow so users can't print to your printers from various machines? I didn't see this in the manifest, and I tried to capture the change with a composer package without luck.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome management

Has anyone been successful in managing Google Chrome in their Mac environments? My K-12 District would like to move to Chrome, but I am unable to import the com.google.Chrome.manifest file into the JSS Managed Preference pane.Has anyone done this yet...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

office 2011 package question

I used the built in preinstalled software snapshot in Composer to build my office 2011 package. Deployed it, works fine except two things. It asks for registration (not license but registration) and it asks for update procedure. How do I suppress the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Design Premium + After Effects

What I'm trying to accomplish here is to install Design Premium CS 5.5 onto a machine and then be able to add After Effects (with a separate serial number) on top of it. If I do the installs manually, everything seems to work ok. I've taken a snapsho...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intego and Casper

Hey Guys, I have been banging head against the wall on this. Over the past week or so, we received our VirusBarrier X6 and server Remote Console 2 software. We loaded our imaging server with the RMC piece to manage our VirusBarrier installation from ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors