Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

inconsistent search results

this could just be the db i'm working with here, but i've noticed if i do an advanced inventory search like this: operating system LIKE 10.4 i get ALL the hosts in inventory. using 10.4. or 10.4.x yields the same results. smart groups are not similar...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Dock and placement of icons

We're new to JSS and all it's wonderfulness, so if I'm missing something, I hope it's nothing obvious. We're moving from Apples WorkGroup Server to JSS to manage preferences. I added the Dock items for some of our most commonly managed apps into Admi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMFhelper Script Output

I currently have a trigger which is called by a self service policy to unjoin from AD, rename the machine and rejoin it on our domain. I would like for our techs to receive some type of status update while the script is running. So far, I have tried ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create an extension attribute with an osascript

Hi everyone, Running into a slight snag here collecting some information from an application as an extension attribute. This is the script I am using to populate the EA: #!/bin/sh ## Only run this script if the computer has CEDPro on it if [ -e "/App...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Schedule bug

I tried to set up a scheduled package install today at 12:00 pm. At 11:20 am it said Time Remaining 12 hours 40. If I scheduled it for 1:00 pm it said 1 hour 40 minutes.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Support and Management Best Practices

Hi All, My first post on JAMF Nation...yeah! I'm in a K-12 school district and we just started using Casper in April to manage our 6500+ Mac desktops and laptops around the district. We are planning to start adding some iOS devices this fall and I am...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Papercut authentication via AD

Does anyone have experience distributing papercut printers (running on a Windows print server) via Casper to Macs? The problem I am having is with authentication on our AD domain. On the Windows computers, a user logs in using AD credentials, and is ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade FF keep Bookmarks

What's the best way to upgrade FF and keep the bookmarks and stuff? In going through the other threads, there was suggestions to maintain the default folder, but we have such a variety of machines and potentially an unlimited number of defaults folde...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Finale 2012

Anyone have experience packaging this monster? I'm running into funny font management issues that are not getting applied to the user level correctly. Note - this is not "Notepad", this is the full version.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Screen Sharing

Hi guys Im trying to get a VPN solution working for our home users to connect in and vnc to their workstations. Problem Is the ARD directory access is not going to work for the mobile accounts because I don't run OD and have a setup using ADmitMac. C...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Player packaging - Updater mechanism

So, more of an FYI, but I found that if you drag the pkg out of the Adobe Flash Player installer and use that as your install package for Flash Player, you're going to be missing a component of the self-updater system. To some folks, this may be fine...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Your web server certificate expires in 19 days.

When I log into the JSS I am greeted with this message Your web server certificate expires in 19 days. I thought I could go to Settings -> Global Management Framework Settings -> Public Key Infrastructure and renew it. I'm not seeing the option there...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group question

I've only just recently begun playing with smart groups, and I'm stuck trying to figure them out. What I'd like to do is create a smart group based on having a specific package (CS6) installed from Casper, so it can install an update to that particul...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Camp Imaging Woes

I am using a WincClone based image using the latest version of it and the Casper Suite with no luck. I am trying multiple combinations: Creating a Configuration that does not have Mac image. Instead just adding an NTFS partition with the Boot Camp im...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickTime Pro and Lion

All, I know this has probably been hashed over several times. We did some research and yet couldn't find a definitive answer. So I thought I would post a discussion to see how others are addressing this, if at all. We got several hundred new Macs in ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limited amount of NetBoot Clients

We've been experiencing some difficulty with NetBooting. At one site, booting with N or option key and selecting the Netboot image would result in attempting to boot the the image but then default to the internal HD. This started happening with the n...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shell Scripting: Detect Wi-Fi interface

So I hit a snag with a shell script that power cycled the Wi-Fi so that a preferred network setting would take effect. What I found was that I needed to figure out what the Wi-Fi interface was internally (en0, en1 etc) so I could call it correctly de...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unknown AD traffic

I just started with a new company and they have been moving from 10.6 to 10.7. Machines are bound to AD but not utilizing "the golden triangle" with the JSS. For some reason the machines that are running 10.7.x are hammering the ACtive Directory DC's...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Registration for Barcode Maker

We have been looking for a replacement for Barcode Pro for a while. The software was expensive, is old and hasn't been updated for quite a while, and now the company is gone. I did some testing with various products and landed on Barcode Maker from i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

m86 installation fails via casper remote

HelloAnyone tried pushing the m86authenticator pkg through Casper Remote? The school has decided to try m86 and needs a way to push m86. I uploaded the .pkg file that was provided to us and it fails via casper remote with the following error: /usr/sb...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DHCP netsus appliance

Hi, I came across this issue yesterday in that the Windows DHCP server was requesting ip addresses from the netsus appliance with netboot turned on. Firstly is the netboot service able to be turned off on the appliance and have netboot enabled. There...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exclude network segments?

How can I block certain IP ranges from executing policies, without having to manually select every segment when creating a policy? We have a couple hundred network segments globally, and I don't want systems trying to download packages if they are no...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error: package not successfully downloaded: 6

Let me start with we are new to using Casper, so I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did find an answer to this. We are trying to distribute a test application and it keeps failing with the following error in the log:Downloading http...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors