Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Configuration Profiles for 10.7

Hi All,I have been testing out the Configuration Profiles for 10.7 (JSS 8.4) I swear at one point a new profile category magically appeared in the left column called "Mobility" but then it vanished.I'm not sure what I did that triggered it's arrival ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil version check Extension Attribute.

Kyle posted an update to dockutil yesterday.http://patternbuffer.wordpress.com/2012/02/05/dockutil-1-1-released/ I just whipped this up. It doesn't account for the possibility of there being both an OLD and a NEW version because I know I will not run...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot/SUS Appliance now available

We are excited to share a NetBoot and Software Update appliance that we have found useful at JAMF. We have provided a document along with the appliance that describes how to use it with the Casper Suite. Here is the description from the product PDF: ...  View more

• 62 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Moving on...

All- Sometimes an opportunity stares you in the face and you've got no choice but to snatch it and run. I'll be doing just that shortly. My last day at MIT will be 15 February, just over a week from now. On the upside, there's a very good chance that...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

can't update swupd.conf for SUS

I'm trying to make it so my 10.6.8 SUS will host Lion updates. I've followed these (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4771) instructions but every time I start SUS back up the swupd.conf loses the changes I made. When I start SUS back up it seems to save...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote is awfully S L O W

Hi all, Anyone experience or know why when I try to push something with Casper Remote 8.4 it just takes forever? If I do as a policy from the JSS, whatever I install is done in record time. My JSS is 8.4 on server 10.6.8. Clients some 10.6.8, some 10...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Merging packages in Composer

Hi guys, Is it possible to merge multiple packages into a single package in Composer? We are currently packaging a software product which has a number of additional, optional components. It would be nice to package the optional components seperately ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

FYI: 10.7.3 Updates Pulled by Apple.

Just in case you're seeing some oddities with 10.7.3 Updates: Apple removes standard Mac OS X 10.7.3 download due to bugs, offers combined download instead.http://tinyurl.com/89veuuz (9to5 Mac). The pre-existing download pages for the 10.7.3 download...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compile new 10.7.3 with Casper 8.43?

Has anybody tried to compile a new OS of 10.7.3 with Casper 8.43 and gotten it to work? We are still currently using our 10.7.1 compile (last one we were successfully able to make), with recovery partition patch and 10.7.3 layered on top. While this ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off Topic - Lion- Recovering from internet

I wanted to see if anyone else out there had seen this issue and might know what is needed to fix it. At work whenever I boot to the recovery partition and try to re-install Lion from the internet It starts out, says it will take about 5 hours and th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Update Server

When setting up ASUS on Lion Server 10.7I've noticed that the following catalog files do not exist http://buildbox-syd3.xx.com:8088/content/catalogs/others/index-leopard.merged-1.sucataloghttp://buildbox-syd3.xx.com:8088/content/catalogs/others/index...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

instaDMG InstaUp2Date python settings

What does your python vanilla update file looks like for the updates from instaup2Date? I know how to get the apple links with the SHA1 numbers (except for Java) but I cant get mine to run. The Vanilla .py that they have included in instaDMG is old a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari 5.1 Safe Files?

It would appear that Safari 5.1.1 on 10.6.8 is ignoring my com.apple.DownloadAssessment.plist file. A quick search confirms that other people are seeing the same thing but I haven't seen a solution yet. Has anyone found another way to mark file types...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad backup with MDM cert..

I'm attempting to create a backup through iTunes for iPads however my backup which contains all necessary certs for MDM will not work on other machines. The backup appears to be tied to the UUID of the machine that created it but is it possible to ge...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7.2 client not seeing 10.7.3 on Internal SUS

Our internal SUS has downloaded all the 10.7.3 updates. We use a Casper Policy to set the SUS on all the clients.They all end up with this address:http://asus.ourdomain.edu:8088/index.sucatalog Problem is none of the 10.7.x Macs see the 10.7.3 update...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

The proper source for 10.7.3 for deployment?

Does anyone know if the InstallESD.dmg for 10.7 contains any markings, serialization, identifiers, hardware requirements that would lead to trouble if deployed in an enterprise environment? For deployment at work, I know how to make a Casper Install ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disappearing Restrictions in Configuration Profile

Apologies if I failed my search fu and this is already a thread somewhere! I'm trying to remove client access to iCloud and File Vault (Security) in System Preferences using Configuration Profiles but every time I press save, when I go back in, all t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

autologin and adobeinstall user

I accidentally created a new base image with autologin enabled for a local admin account. My first thought to rectify this issue was to craft a script that merely did this: defaults delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow autoLoginUser I wo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute script logic help

I have a custom script that I cobbled together to determine if the PolicyBanner file is in place. This is then scoped against to install the PolicyBanner via a package.http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4788 The original version of this script works just ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can Self Service open to a "Landing Page"?

Hello! We have all users auto log into Self Service. Now it stops at the featured page. Is there a way to have it open to a Web Page or anything else besides the Featured Page? We can use Plugins but they are below the Self Service tab, is it possibl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Deployments via Self Service

We are running 8.4 and I'm trying to deploy apps to specific machines via self service. I'm finding the .dmg app seems to copy down properly, but SS locks up (the blue progress bar stops moving). I recall that a while ago we tried turning off the rec...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scanner cannot write to file

Hello- I am having an issue where, on our library iMacs, which are managed through OD -(Looking to move solely to JSS, but can't do it during school)-, and when a student or a non-admin account signs in, the scanner connected to it, a Epson flatbed s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors