Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

geo-locate extension attribute

Hello All, Apparently the ipinfodb now requires an API key. This renders the current geo-locate script non working. I have this much of a new script together and it works to return a location string when my API Key is in place. I just don't have enou...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos SMB printing

Hi guys, Does anyone have to document on kerberos smb printing for 10.6? I know there's an issue on 10.6.7 that this link is supposed to fix: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3759 But I still can't set it up. Regards, Ben.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

vSphere 5 - support for Apple Mac OS X Server

Has anyone done an objective study comparing Xserve to Windows Server withExtremeZ-IP? Several years ago I did a study before purchasing Xserves andfound the data transfer rate to be about twice as high on Xserve as onnewer, more powerful raid-equipp...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

script for joining AD and OD

Hello Everyone, I am wondering about how to tackle the integration with AD for our existing Mac users and wondered how you are all doing it. We have roughly 600 Macs deployed, roughly 150 are individual Macs. So reloading the image to our labs and cr...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Filler Postflight Script

I noticed you hadn't posted this, so I went ahead and did it. This version works reliably regardless of the target volume. User Filler Postflight Script (via InstaDMG forum)  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Framework Settings - Push Notification Password

When trying to upload my Push Notification certificate its asking for a "Push Notification Key store password" I'm not sure what password this is, I have tried the password of the machine where the request was generated, my apple developer password, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Working - Sandy Bridge Netboot Image Creation

Hey guys, Thanks for the help. I got a basic netboot image built this morning that worked. I based the image on a newly unboxed SB Mac, updates and using Composer / Casper Imaging. Everything is back in order. Thanks for the guidance. Charlie. Charle...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

package FUT FEU

Hi All, Maybe I'm just not doing this correctly, but I was under the impression that selecting FEU for a DMG package would copy files/folders from under /Users into the respective locations for existing user accounts on a machine. In this case, copyi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Adobe CS 5.5

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has attempted to re-package Adobe CS 5.5 products yet? It does not look like the most recent CS5 diff included with Composer 8.1 will work with CS 5.5, since many of the Application folder names have been updated. T...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 with Casper Imaging

I've created a package from Office 2011 (basically dragged the Office Installer into casper admin). I checked the 'This package must be installed to the boot volume at imaging time' box. When I image, everything starts out OK, but only about 33k of t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP?

How does one troubleshoot an LDAP connection? We've had casper set tocheck against a specific LDAP server since we first set up casper. Thepowers that be decided to sunset that server so we had to go back andre-configure Casper to use our AD domain's...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

patching in OSX

We have been shopping for a new PC management tool, and some of the major suites are now integrating patching into their solutions (Altiris CMS and Landesk, maybe others). Within the management suite, you can set it to download patches to a server on...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ruth

Allen Creech | Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University | (919) 749-8278  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.5 Finder Weirdness

I remember seeing something about this in the archives, but I was wondering if anyone had a fix for this. Whenever I deploy a dmg via a Casper Policy the dmg is stuck in the side bar of the finder window. So for 10.5 machines I've changed deployments...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac and AD integration

Happy Tuesday Everyone, Well the summer is almost here in Wisconsin and the projects are already beginning to stack up. I am researching the best method to integrating our Macs into our AD directory. I have done some leg work and see tools by Centrif...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

macbook air imaging times

I am imaging a Macbook Air netbooted to OS X Server (all 10.6) via USB to ethernet adapter. I am block copying my image via asr script and it is taking FOREVER.... How many of you image Macbook Airs, and how long does it take you? This is the entry l...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

unload plist based on login

Hello, I would like to unload a plist based on user login or groups. I havesetup Casper with a policy that triggers on login, and I am triggering ascript. I get the following message in the logs: "Script Result: launchctl: Error unloading:com.m86secu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MAC Defender download?

Has anyone found a download for this? I want to get the executable on a kill list for Casper and also blockthe web site(s) it talks to at firewall. Ryan M. ManlyGlenbrook High Schools  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error message using mountNetworkShare.sh

Hi all In am still getting the error message below when using themountNetworkShare.sh. I have tried everything possible to get around itincluding running the following commands at the top of the script and on aseparate logout script. /sbin/umount -f ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

help - Sandy Bridge Netboot Image Creation

Hey guys, I am having the worst time building a current netboot image off the Sandy Bridge Macbook Pro (early 2011). Has anyone had any success in building one. I have tried a number of methods all based on the shipping OS for the current Hardware. A...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS server OS upgrade

Hi All, I'm running v8.0 of Casper on OS X Server 10.5.8 – now planning to soon upgrade the server to 10.6 and then to Casper v8.1.Any gotchas I should be aware of? Hopefully someone on the list has done something similar, and with great results! :) ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS5 installation fails

Hi All, I'm pushing a CS5 package created using AAMEE. On some machines this installs well enough (other issues I won't go into), but on a few machines the installation fails. The log on the JSS shows: Installing AdobeCS5DesignStandard_Install.pkgIns...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

creation time on nbi

so, it has been like a year or so since I last updated our NBI (literally it was last summer) and I forgot how long this process takes. It has been going on for about 4+ hours now and is maybe 1/8th finished. This sound about right? I remember it tak...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn off Airport if machine is on Ethernet already

Hi guys, Not sure if this is doable using Casper. But is there a way to turn off Airport if ethernet is already connected to the network? The reason we want to do this is that we only have a maximum of 100 IP addresses for our wireless and they are f...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting "home" Page for Firefox

I am currently trying to create a script that will set the home page inFirefox, and then send it using Casper remote. Has anyone beensuccessful in the process? Currently using: #!/bin/sh sudo usr/sbin/jamf setHomePage -feu -fet -homepage http://www.(...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Book Pro with Thunderbolt

Hello, I know this has already been beat into the ground, but my Auto Archivedidn't get my Casper Mailing list emails (I have correct this). I triedto create a netboot image and have been failing at it. Would someoneplease explain what I need to do f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors