Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

User Library Capture in composer

Launch Composer. Install Application and run it as a user and do all my settings. Capture in Composer. Everything is there except for plist files in the user Library. The User folder is in Composer but it is empty. Ideas on why it isn't capturing the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFS and Kerberos

Continuing on my thread of posting about Kerberos - has anyone out there had their authentication fall back to NTLM when they attempt to connect to a DFS share?  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device App Catalog asking for icon

It seems that since I updated to 8.4, when I try and add an app store app, its saying "An icon is required". I think it used to pull this automatically. This is for both free and paid apps. Is there a fix for this before I try and revert back to 8.31...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network home folder depth on Samba shares with Lion

We've run into an issue with local homes for our Student lab users which affects the dock shortcut to their network home and mobile account sync. We are using JAMF Casper to deploy and manage OS X 10.7 Lion, Active Directory for authentication and Sa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Administrator access to /users folder

We know in OS X a local administrator also don't have the right to access other users' home folder, such as Desktop and Documents. If you try to click on them, you will see a red minus and it says you don't have permission to access it. There is anot...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Imaging computers showing up as unmanaged

I am about to image a large amount of computers and would like to do them automatically, so I am trying out the Prestage imaging options for the first time. Here is how I have configured it: Enabled: YesAssign Names Using: MAC AddressLimit Scope by: ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Disable System Preference Pane

Hi guys,When AD user logs in MAC and by default they can open System Preference pane. How do I disable that so AD users are not able to click open System Preference?Thank you very much.  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

How do I see the response to my post

Hi guys,something really dumb to ask: When I log in to JAMF nation, I don't get any notification that someone replied to my post. So how would I know that my post has been replied?Thanks.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion ShowStatusBar MCX

Lion has defaulted to not show the status bar at the bottom of Finder windows. I know you can toggle this by simply pressing command+/ but i can't seem to find what .plist file this anyone have some ideas?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Home / off site filtering products

A post here yesterday had me wondering for those of you who filter students (or staff I guess) off site - do you mind sharing product you use? How many mac clients do you have home filtering with the product, and is it stable? Does it handle reportin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push user accounts to multiple G5's

I have a G5 with an Admin account and 2 user accounts. I'd like to push the 2 user accounts (dock settings, desktop settings, permissions, etc) to a bunch of other G5's. I tried building a package with a snapshot BEFORE creating the accounts and a sn...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory LDAP Connection Fails to Configure

I am trying to get an LDAP connection setup in JSS to our AD server and I cannot get it to work. I put in the hostname and domain, but on the next step it says failed to verify user account. I've tried two user accounts, both are in good working orde...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

HELP!!!Multiple Managed Preferences - MCX Settings

Hi jAMF NATION,I don't know how many MCX settings you can apply before the machine starts slowing down. But I believe we should keep it simple and less.I only applied two settings from JSS in my test environment and it already started playing up.I us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf setup util: STILL OK for newer JSS versions

just a public FYI: i use the old setup until for basic troubleshooting, nothing else. as there's been some debate as to whether or not that's OK, here's the final word. Hi David,I did some checking around here, and you should be okay with doing those...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper "issues"

hey gang, when using jamfHelper before or after a policy runs (we use to to inform users of installations kicking off and then ending) we get odd behavior on our I/O devices: + all mouse clicks are interpreted as right-clicks+ keyboard input is just ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Drive Full

I am trying to find computers that have hard drives filling up. I have set an inventory search to "Boot Drive Full more than 80", but when I search it returns 0 results. I have tried going as high as 90 and as low as 10 and still return 0 results. It...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Imaging problem

This might be hard for me to explain but I'm having an issue when imaging some machines. I have a compiled configuration that I'd like for our Macbook Airs to use during Prestage Imaging. I have a separate network switch setup and have scoped the Pre...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

8.4 upgrade - MCX user level settings?

We upgraded a test environment to 8.4 and most (all?) of our user level MCX settings appear not to be working. We have had issues with upgrades in past and user level settings stopping the mount of our AD home directories so I wonder if this is relat...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using SCEP with OS X clients?

Wondering if anyone is using the scep payload section in 10.7 configuration profiles with OS X, not iOS. If possible, I'd like to use that to enroll our macs with our Active Directory certificate authority . . . .  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors