Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Off topic help

This issue is not related to Casper, but I know there is a great wealth ofknowledge out there and thought someone might be able to help me out.... Issue: Office 2008 for Mac / Default save point usually network homedirectory/Documents not available S...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing to leopard issue

I am hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem I am having. I am rolling out an update to PGP for both Leopard and Snow Leopard laptops. I can not get the pkg to install on leopard machines. Whether they are 10.5.2 - 10.5.8. I have a pol...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems Packaging MS Office 2011 SP1

Has anyone tried to package up the recently released (2 or 3 days ago) Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2011? I cannot get a working package created using standard Composer methods. DETAILS 1) Using Casper Suite 8.02) Packaging against a clean 10....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Powering on Macs Remotely

All, While I have been working with my PC counterparts at the college, we discussed something I have yet to attempt or know If it can be done on a Mac. This is, powering on a Mac over the local network. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is i...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting "terminals" proxy?

Hi all, An earlier e-mail reminded me of something that's been bugging me. How do you set the proxy that "terminal" uses? My new environment has 1 proxy that uses NTLM & another that just logs. Users use the NTLM one, but servers etc use the other. T...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Update Script

I came across this script online...http://lightsandshapes.com/tutorials/mac/macscript It seems to work fairly well, but every user that runs it through caspergets a script failed ­ even if it runs properly. Maybe someone who has some uber script-fu c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 8 with JSS 7.31

Hi, Does anyone package using Composer 8 and deploy it using JSS 7.31? We are running JSS 7.31 in our environment and using Composer to package applications. Since Composer 8 has some new features, we are planning to use Composer 8 to package apps de...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon - Locating Receipts

Guys, Just attempting to add a couple of machines to casper (via Recon) and am getting a lag where it is constantly trying to locate the receipts.I have added over 100 machines with the same spec and this one is giving me hassles. Thoughts ??? Also w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

new image/policy ideas for 1:1 refresh

Hey everyone, I am going to do my first refresh this summer of laptops. The district is either going to purchase the new white macbooks or new Macbook Airs. They haven't decided what to do yet. This however, gives me an opportunity to change things u...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot

Hello all, I am just looking for some info regarding netboot. We are utilizing netboot with about a 4 or 5GB image. We are also erasing the HD on boot to casperimaging. From experience what are you all experiencing as far as completion time on the ne...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removal of Dock Items

Hey Group,I am having a brain fart here. What the easiest way to remove dock items? ThanksLC  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mounting Network Shares At login

Hi guys, So 3 weeks into my new environment & i'm starting to do some prep work for when we get Casper (soon it looks like). Previously, i've used OD to map users drives at login & in general this has worked well. In this environment, it looks like t...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Io

Allen Creech | Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University | (919) 749-8278  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

management user

Hey Group,It is possible to use the management user to login into the mac after it isimaged and managed? ThanksLC  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels 6 Installer

I finally got around to creating an install pack for Parallels Desktop v6.0. I noticed that the installer is an app not a pkg as it was with v5.0. This prompts to contact Parallels for an update which I want to avoid like the plague. Has anyone creat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has *anyone* gotten the Python from the API SDK to work?

I wrote some python to talk to the JSS API but I get 400 errors every time, so I tried the sample that comes in the SDK download. Same problem. But if I take the same XML and send it up with CURL it works great. Could it be that the SDK was written w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife '11: How To - Option 3

I found a way to automate the install The Right Way™, including installing package receipts and such (necessary for permissions repair, I'd expect): mkdir "/private/tmp/iLife '11"cp "/Volumes/iLife '11 Install DVD/Installer/Packages"/* "/private/tmp/...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wierd Inventory Issue

I upgraded the JSS the other day and am having an issue with the web app on IE8 with Windows. When I click details for a machine, the left hand navigation isn't there. See screenshot. Anyone having this issue or know what to do? ![external image link...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Computer names

I have a group of computers that have already been imaged that I want to add to Casper. They all are named with the same name. Is there an easy way to rename the computers as they are added - I wouldn't care if it was to their Serial Numbers but I ne...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating to 10.6.7 Server

We currently use our JSS as a SUS as well. Has anyone seen any problems with clients with the old, OS-specific, CatalogURL string after updating your server to 10.6.7? The latest server update goes to a unified CatalogURL string but I'm curious if I'...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

adding Login Items

Folks, I'm sure there is a quickie for this. I was thinking MCX but though maybe keep it simpler with a script that runs once at deployment.Maybe there is a new button in the JSS I am missing??Running ver 8 of jss Need to add a login item, not hidden...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Query

Hi All, The script grabs the name of the currently logged in user, then passes the variable to the following command; echo |kinit $username at QUT.EDU.AU If I run this script locally – it works, flashes up the KerberosAgent windows asking the user fo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Frequent crashes with Recon 8.1

Hi, folks! We just updated our Jamf server from 8.0 to 8.1 yesterday. Since then,running Recon has crashed 4 times on me, with crash reports that all looklike this: Process: Recon [84468] Path: /Volumes/Casper Suite 8.1/CasperSuite/Recon.app/Contents...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ubuntu JSS Setup help - SOLVED

Support had me remove /var/lib/tomcat6/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml and restart Tomcat to ensure Tomcat is reading the Casper DB connection info instead of the default one. (I just renamed it) Worked :) j--Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ubuntu JSS Setup help

Hi all- I went through the White Paper JAMF has on setting up a JSS on alternative platforms (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server in my case) and have hit a snag in the form of the attached screen shot. It looks like the jamfsoftware.sql setup script ran ok as t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors