Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Enrollment issue with initial logon prompt

We have a couple of users where their logon isn't working when they're attempting to enroll their devices. We have it configured where once the user selects their wifi/lan connection, it'll prompt for their email and password and will continue and th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving mobile devices apps to a different site

I have a bunch of apps for iPads that are deployed to devices in a specific site but the apps don't live in that site, they are top level. If I attempt to move the apps over to the designated site, they lose their licenses, likely because the purchas...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another 3rd Party package deployment question

I created 6 smart groups for devices missing specific software. I then created 6 Policies and set the scrope to the smart groups. These are all updating via Installomator script. We have an office in San Diego and Fort Mill, SC. I set the client side...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Home brew install for M1 and Intel

Does anyone have a good way to auto install homebrew for apple silicon and intel? Previously I used this script but it's getting stuck. #!/bin/sh# Set variables for the logged in userloggedInUser=$(stat -f "%Su" /dev/console)#Obtain processor type an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto-Enrollment DEPNotify and Touch ID

Hi Everyone,Bit of a niche question here. We are currently using DEPNotify to pre install applications and settings to Mac's which are company owned, as well as improve the end user onboarding experience. We currently also use Jamf Connect which gets...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use JAMF to release devices from ABM

HiInside ABM / ASM theres a tickbox called "Allow this MDM Server to release devices."With the setting turned on where / how does one trigger this release via jamf?note: not trying to do mass releases, am aware dumping csv contents into ABM/ASM searc...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS Fulldisk access

Hello i am in the process of mass deploying Checkpoint endpoint agent via jamf, how to enable full disk access via JAMF in system preference. Thank you in advance.  View more

Kmavati_0-1656374799897.png Kmavati_1-1656374852896.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add printer using generic driver

We are using PaperCut to manage some printers. In short, it takes the print job from the computer, and passes it off to any printer that the user swipes their badge. You set up ONE printer on the Mac and it will let you print to any of the printers i...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf pro Single Sign-On Error

Hi all,I'm new to Jamf and want to make sure this is normal behavior.Every day and sometimes even more at the login to jamfcloud I get the Single Sign-On Error message.And I have to clear the history to get in.The sso is defined in azure and this beh...  View more

Screenshot-3.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Font versions

A question was asked of me recently and I didn't have an answer so I pose the question here:Can we manage fonts via version numbers using JamfPro?To clarify: Our graphic designers make numerous in-house fonts and they do update them from time to time...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Monterey

Hey All,How are we?Just fishing for some info .. Has anyone come across a issues with macOS Monterey where a system with restart ( triggered via jamf or manually) . The user will auto at the FV login page and then prompted at OS user level but instea...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deployed packaged turn unusable

I'm running into issues deploying some (google chrome) packages from the Jamf App Catalog (https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/jamf-app-catalog-mac-apps-not-installing/td-p/268719)As a fallback after nothing worked I decided to deploy with a packa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf App Catalog Mac Apps not installing

We are installing some basic list of apps some from the App Store and some from Jamf App CatalogIn some cases Jamf App Catalog apps (Chrome and Google Drive) do not install. ContextThese are brand new M1 MacbooksSome apps will install (like Zoom) pre...  View more

• 51 replies
  • 3 kudos

Launchagent not working on macOS Monterey

Hallo everyoneI have a launchagent which works perfectly on macOS Big Sur but not on macOS Monterey. This Launchagent should trigger a script every 10 sec. Very strange. Tried everything but still no luck :-(Here is the launchagent:Labelcom.company.k...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom Screensharing Failing with PPPC Settings

I’m at a loss here. I’ve been suddenly fighting Zoom screen sharing being completely “blocked” with my JAMF Pro setup on all new computers. All machines are running 12.4, Zoom 5.11, and I have a PPPC payload deployed on some that allows non-admins to...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need Jamf Api Help

Hello, I am new to jamf and api I am trying to understand jamf api. I am trying to update the information under ios device - user and location - department. add or remove the informationhere is the basic code i wrote from piece mealing from different...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.39.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation,Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.39.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.39.1 release notes here. Cloud Upgrade ScheduleYour Jamf Pro server, including any free sandb...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Cloud Upgrade Schedule Changes

The Jamf Pro 10.39.0 cloud upgrade previously scheduled to begin on June 24th has been delayed by one day. The new dates and times are reflected in the following table. Cloud Upgrade ScheduleYour Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environmen...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to Monterey (Silicon Mac)

Update:Decided to push via Self Service using DEPNOTIFY. Sending out reminders to users to run updates.Way easier than trying to automate the process. I am currently trying to automate upgrading our macs M1 to Monterey.I have had success with our Int...  View more

dpwlg_0-1656069303894.png dpwlg_3-1656069586415.png dpwlg_4-1656069594786.png dpwlg_5-1656069604263.png
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors