Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Big Sur New Accounts

I just update some iMacs to Big Sur and I am having trouble pushing a new local account to the computer. I have wiped them and reloaded from scratch and still nothing. I also renewed the MDM profile. Also Deleted the .applesetupdone file. I thought i...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf would like access to files in your documents folder

We run a script through self service that migrates data from a user's old computer to their new computer (computers connected via target disk mode). Data copies perfectly, however, Jamf throws up some messages like the attached for things like Docume...  View more

7ef87dd9ce364e39a301c5801748fb97
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can JAMF Manage Linux?

Hello all,I was told that except MAC, JAMF can manage Linux and Windows.I do not think this is correct as I do not find any info for it.But can someone confirm this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block macOS Catalina for Enrollment

Hi, Is it possible to Block macOS Catalina for Enrollment in Jamf Pro?All the Macbooks that we have, still exist on macOS Big Sur 11.3 or higher.We will allow only macOS Big Sur for new enrollementCan someone help me with this question?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuring Office 365 email on iOS

Has anyone had any luck configuring Office 365 email using JAMF on iOS devices? I've been trying to push to either the native email app and Outlook, but haven't had much luck.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Azure AD SSO

Hi all, I have setup Azure AD SSO for accessing our JAMF Pro Cloud host. Each time I login I get this error: It only works if I use an incognito window from Chrome. Any way I can get it to work using our default browser (Edge) or at least without hav...  View more

252c1253a71943e183b83855b692abba
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Endpoint and Cisco Anyconnect

Hey folks, Wanted to check with the community here, do you guys have any issue with SEP 14.3.1 RU1 MP1 and Cisco Anyconnect (4.9)? Because Anyconnect keep showing, "SEP_AM_Installation_Mac" (missing SEP) "SEP_AM_Definition_Mac" (missing/not updated S...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

depnotify-script-based-install - DEPNotify-Starter

Up until recently, we have been using a script "depnotify-script-based-install" based on the https://github.com/jamf/DEPNotify-Starter instruction. But since Big Sur we are finding it no longer kicks off by itself. We have to boot the iMac, it picks ...  View more

023626de86964931ade78200fce3d554
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to download Creative Cloud Installer

Hi everyone,I'm looking for a script to automatically fetch the Creative Cloud installer from the Adobe website and then let user install it. (For particular reasons i'm not able to access the Adobe admin console).Could you please help me?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfAAD - Issue

Hi All, One of my user is getting the below pop up and after clicking on Get App it is redirecting to a weird broken link. This user is already registered in Intune/Azure AD and it just randomly started to happen. I am mostly curious about the link. ...  View more

291beb292a9c479d91cda5efc371d5df 66efb5c4e9b14c11a66a441e7488e3fe 075cb066ba6c4493b4703746b417f59a
  • 129 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Firewall while having AirDrop on

Hello,We have set a configuration profile to enable firewall and block all incoming connections. However this option has led to disable airdrop, airplay, and Bluetooth and caused them to stop working since they're all sharing features. Is there a way...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing the Dock on Big Sur w/ AD Users

Currently using DockUtil to mange the dock. It works fine for our initial DEP notify build of the machine, but if a new user logs in, I've found no repeatable way to set the dock. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I've tried editing my script to ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Management - Am I overthinking this?

I am taking over an existing JAMF environment and Patch Management is new to me, so trying to wrap my head around this and see if I am missing something or if anyone has any Patch Management tricks that make life easier. Let's use Zoom as an example....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Big Sur Deprecated Media Restrictions

Noticed on the restrictions payload in configuration profiles that Media Restrictions are listed as deprecated after macOS 10.15. Does anybody know if there is an alternative method for blocking external drives in Big Sur?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Distribution Point Error 403

I am trying to figure out how to use SMB shar as HTTP but have permissions issues. I am setting up a new M1 Mac Mini to replace our aging servers as distribution point in our staging area. I followed the JAMF guide and was able to setup a working SMB...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP vs Inventory Preload

We had iPads enrolling with inventory preload with devices going into smart groups based upon the column position.We have now connected Active Directory through LDAP. Now enrolling a new device we are not getting the position pulled from the Inventor...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors