Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

802.1x over ethernet - are there logs?

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows whether there is some sort of log on Mac's that shows what is happening during 802.1x connections and disconnections etc for wired 802.1x not wireless?I can see in Console under the Machine name (devices) a bunch of...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block macOS upgrade on Big Sur

Hi I have reason to block macOS upgrade on Big Sur 11.6 to Monterey 12.0.1but '--ignore' are unavailable anymore..Is there any alternative option for this problem?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Subscribing to Public Folders in Outlook

Is there a way to automatically subscribe our users to a few public folders via configuration profile or otherwise? We have three public folders that are company-wide calendars for our staff that we'd like to have them subscribed to by default, and i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.34.0 Beta 2 is now available!

Jamf Pro 10.34.0 Beta 2 introduces a lot of really great quality of life improvements for Jamf Pro Administrators.We've made it easier to verify your cloud identity provider's attributes are mapped correctly with a redesigned user interface, you can ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

General questions getting JAMF Pro up and running

Hi,I'm new here and I hope I post my question correct. I would like to find answers to some questions I have. If I'm wrong here, please be gentle anyways. Thanks!We have about 35 Macbooks already in the wild and now we want to get JAMF Pro up and run...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Sync Failed

Our DEP token expired a couple of months ago, I downloaded a new one this morning and managed to upload it but the Token expiration date is still showing the original date from 2 months ago and sync keeps failing.Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in adva...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disconnecting the network SMB drive

Hello!Mac (MBP 2020, MacOS 11.5, 11.6) randomly disconnect a network drive mapped to the DFS root. Disconnection occurs regardless of the connection via LAN or WiFi.A script was written that checks for the presence of a disk and, if it is absent, con...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Incorrect or early patches from JAMF

This getting out of hand now.. Today I got three different notifications for Cisco WebEx Meetings and the last one was for a previous version. I know we have had this issue in the past especially with OneDrive but it is making my life as the sole Mac...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

screen saver settings

hey there,in the config profiles there is the option to activate the screensaver after x minutes. however, is there also the option that the user is then no longer able to change the time until the screensaver is activated? in my tests it is now the ...  View more

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-25 um 12.01.30.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADFS and JAMF Pro issue

Hi everyone,Hope you can help. We have configured JAMF Pro Single Sign On with ADFS which was working well and last time it works was on Oct 6th. Around 2 weeks later when I logged on to JAMF the SSO is not working even though we haven't made any cha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office 2021

Does anyone know what Microsoft's strategy is going to be for Office 2021 in terms of packages? Are they going to be forked again like they were with Office 2016? Will Office 2021 have a license package like 2019 and 2016?Due to situations beyond my ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

local usernames

Hello AllI am having an issue where our local usernames are being setup as "first.last" and this is causing issues down the provisioning road. We are using OneLogin with JAMF Connect and have the LDAP attributes pulling as well, below are the attrbit...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Settings for ActivTrak

I have been tasked with creating a Policy to push out ActivTrak to MacBooks. It installed just fine the problem I'm running into is it asks the user to grant Accessibility access. Obviously with ActivTrak being a tracking software to see what our emp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exceeding License

Hi everyone! I've reached my device license count, on both the iOS and macOS side of things. If I understand it correctly, I will still be able to enroll devices and functionality will not change, but when we're due to re up our annual contract, we'l...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I find the correct Supervision Identity

I don't succeed to get the correct Supervision Indentity into Apple Configurator 2, and that makes resurrecting some of my iPads quite difficult. I believe I have created the proper SI, use it for the device enrollment and imported it to my Apple Con...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using File and Processes to Call Another Policy

I currently have one policy that runs a script to rename a computer. This should happen directly after pre-stage enrollment. I then want this policy to call another policy that installs an agent for Jumpcloud. Is the best thing to do use the Execute ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service doesn’t install

HiI’m trying to set up a BYOD environment besides our company owned devices. As shown here With PreStage Enrollments it works like a charm but on the personally owned devices it doesn’t install at all. I followed this manual but it doesn’t work. All ...  View more

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-22 um 15.13.53.png
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Time out /IPAD

HI- so if we are pushing out updates to Ipads with security PIN enforced- how long after the devices are first unlocked after a reboot do we have the ability to push apps/changes? I know it has to have an unlock once after a restart (such as IOS upda...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto-generated custom machine name at Enrollment?

Hey folks,Our machine naming convention is 11 characters long. The first 4 characters are:m = macd/p = desktop/portable21 = deployment year...then the last 7 characters of that machine's serial number.We can't change this naming convention operationa...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Hot Corners

Is there as easy way to deploy single hot corner config , i need disable screensaver when cursor is moved to bottom right corner.Regards  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors