Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

m1 Chip - MDM failure

We are using the user initiated enrollment through Safari (users authenticate) on Big Sur V. 11.2.3. We have Rosetta setup on the mac. When we run the enrollment it pulls a quickpkg but it never seems to run the MDM profile. Any idea why? It tells us...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licensed Software - Wildcards?

I am trying to add a wildcard to the Licensed Software entry, but it doesn't appear to take anything other than the full file name (the app has a year attached to the file name). I did notice a feature request from 2019 asking for this, so maybe it's...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot Clear Safari Cache

Hi,i'm trying to clear Safari cache on login with this script #!/bin/bash loggedInUser=`python -c 'from SystemConfiguration import SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser; import sys; username = (SCDynamicStoreCopyConsoleUser(None, None, None) or [None])[0]; u...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New in jamf : only numeric code for iOS in 6 digits

Hi, i try some parameters in profil, but can't find the way to force user to add a code into 6 digit and only numeric.always if i use the parameters size of code the prompt ask for a code with charcaters and numeric. If i only check the code requier,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Intune Registration Failing

Hi folks, hopefully someone can help. I've arrived in a new role at a new organisation and in the last week we have seen a huge increase in devices becoming unregistered from Intune - previously this happened at a rate of around 1 per week, but I'd s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disconnect wifi ipad

Our managed ipads have Wifi turned on. (settings - wifi - wifi toggle switch)One user does have LTE. He isn't able to toggle the wifi switch when wifi is bad, the switch is very light green. So it's not possible to switch to LTE by hand on his ipad w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

TeamViewer Quick Support Eula

Hey folks, this is my first post here and we have Jamf Pro since 2 weeks. We have a customized Teamviewerqs.pkg which is deployed to all computers. At the first start the window with Eula prompted. Is there a way to block it or accept it with a confi...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Setup of User Accounts

Big Sur - Latest version of Jamf Pro We are looking to setup our student laptops this summer, hopefully automated as much as possible. I have some of it working and working well, but am hung up on the account setup screens that we still get even with...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search for devices by Device ID?

Hi everyone! I'm working with another admin trying to clear up some database issues and one of the suggestions is to try to resolve some issues with stuck commands on a bunch of devices. The MySQL database output only gives us the "device_id" field a...  View more

66568055b9b74c89ac201df26548de40
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur with F5 Big IP Edge client and WSS Agent?

I'm wondering if anyone else is running the F5 Big IP Edge VPN client and the Broadcom(symantec) WSS agent on macOS 11? We have issues with DNS resolution completely cutting out randomly. The only resolution is to either disconnect/reconnect the big ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

folder redirect script

Hi all I have tried this script from jamf it works locally but not being pushed its an AD environment and it to redirect the music folder in documentsdoes anybody have experience of this !/bin/bash Get current logged in username CURRENTUSER=$(stat -f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Extension Enablement Issues - Forcepoint

Hello Jamf Nation! I am encountering a rather vexing issue with Forcepoint's Safari extension. The extension is prompting for users to enable it, however upon enabling the extension they are still prompted every few minutes that the extension is not ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Can't convert Admin users to Standard users

Im trying to convert a large number of admin accounts to standard accounts. On jamf nation, multiple people have been sharing this script below, but when I run it, it does not change any users from Admin to standard. Below is what I ran:with ###### b...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Training

Hi all, I am completing the training courses for the Jamf Jamf 100 Course. I just need some help with completing a task and understanding the process What I have done is I have created a file in terminal on my Mac titled 'review' and its on my deskto...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 12 - macOS Monterey

Apple just announced macOS Monterey (macOS 12) earlier today. Make sure to block the beta installer for everyone except your testing machines. Restrict the following process: Install macOS Monterey Beta.app  View more

• 40 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Randomly Prompting for recovery key

Hey Jamf Nation, I'm at a loss here. I have multiple endpoints that are prompting for recovery keys out of the blue. The only things that have changed recently in our environment are the recent security patch for macOS (that messed with the keychain ...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 2 kudos

Push Proxy Settings Not Auto Renewing

Jamf 10.28.0 My Push Proxy Settings are no longer updating automatically. I can manually update with no issues. Started seeing issue since the Jamf Server upgrade to 10.28.0 (previous version was 10.26.x) Any help will be greatly appreciated  View more

56441d9866be4ac5ae99a2d718af28fe
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Screensaver / Extension

Hi All, I have a .saver screensaver I want to deploy. I can install this as a pkg and enforce the screensaver however when launching we get unidentified developer warning and need to allow this in system preferences.I know how to add extensions and P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL Authentication Method

Do I need to do anything additional to use the stronger password encryption? I'm coming from a legacy MySQL version 5.x setup into the version 8 of MySQL so every time I run the minor update on MySQL I'm prompted to use the stronger password encrypti...  View more

53630fa114954ee389e9f5747bd51ff4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group based on PPPC settings

I am using the JamfAppleEvents script found here:https://github.com/jamf/JamfPrivacyPreferencePolicyControlProfiles/blob/master/JamfAppleEvents.mobileconfig:to allow scripts deployed via Jamf to make changes to the finder without requiring user appro...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Complete message after EVERY reboot

We're seeing an issue across our managed iPhone/iPads after installing iOS/iPadOS 14.6 with the "Software Update Complete" message and Wi-Fi chooser are appearing every time the devices are restarted. The issue is (seemingly) only hitting our Jamf ma...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Purge Users

Does anyone have a script that will purge users.Had one that works with 10.15 and below, but big sur no longer works. thanks!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure Token Conundrum

I have run into a roadblock with ST's and am looking for any possible solution. We are a k12 institution managing 1200 Macs. Our setup workflow consists of creating an Admin Management account and a Student Standard account on startup. The Standard s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Screen Loop

We've been having issues with a few just getting past the login screen for mac minis in our office. Basically, we just enter the the password for a standard or admin account and it would do the loading animation for a few seconds and then the screen ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors