Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Development & Testing of DEPNotify Script?

Hello there.Full Disclosure:I am a dev tasked with helping write the script but have very limited knowledge on Jamf. However, I do have access to Jamf Pro. If this is the wrong place or wrong location I am sorry. I have looked for documentation for d...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD binding issue on 11.6

We use a Jamf Directory Binding and a policy in Self Service to bind our Macs with the Create Mobile Account checkbox checked.We're now finding that the policy fails on 11.6 and says the Mac is already bound. However it does bind but without the crea...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee ePO Agent Install Deployment

Based off this technical article linked, I have followed every step and created the package to deploy the install.sh file to the location listed /Library/Application Support/mcafee, the file does successfully get placed here but the issue is the file...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reset Safari Data - iOS

Hi All, I have setup a Jamf Setup and Reset configuration, and this works with removing the Microsoft login data from Safari, but...........the page is still open, and another user can get a "view" of a current page eg. portal.office.com, as soon as ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS 15 Restore Issues

Hi All,We're a school that manages 1300 iPads for students. Our students iPads have restrictions (such as no App Store), and we manage all our apps via VPP so they can be easily automatically distributed. We've been running into an issue with iPadOS ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Microsoft Teams forced Auto-Start for all Users

I have been asked to create a method of forcing Microsoft Teams to start for all users regardless. With assistance I have created a .plist that is added to the LaunchAgent that forces Microsoft Teams to start for a user on first login and therefor af...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur 11.6 + McAfee + M1

So I am having an issue where even though the policies are deploying correctly, on a fresh new M1 mac I am having issues where the "Allow" option to grant permission to System Extensions never appears.I tried on an Intel based mac, clean install, sam...  View more

McAfee Error.png System Extensions.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch management

Hi Team,I have a small doubt, can anyone explain me please1.How we will create a package?2.If we need a package(latest version of mac os) then how we will get it, whether the jamf will give or we should take from apple or we should create it?3.In jam...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

M1 Big Sur Major updates via "Install macOS Big Sur.app"

Just a bit of background we have some M1 macs out there on 11.1.0 these machines do not seem to update via software update policies / remote commands & doing a update via system preferences. Apple have advised we need to down load the big sur app and...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfHelper interaction with user

I’m very new to Jamf and still try to figure out, how to use it. Maybe it will change in the future, but by now we have only local accounts. No Active Directory or whatever. While enrollment my settings are creating an admin account on every Mac. So ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom trigger policies, a way to have it wait?

Hello,I have a script being run as a policy that uses the sudo jamf policy -event eventtrigger format multiple times to run multiple policies that install applications. Is there a way to have it wait for the previous process to finish installing befo...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy with no targets went to all machines

We have a few machines that did not update their FV recovery key, so I created a policy that will be scoped to a smart group. I did not create the smart group yet so I have the policy scoped to Specific Machines and Specific users, with nobody added;...  View more

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 2.20.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 2.20.20 PM.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiplatform App

I'm trying to deploy LEGO Education Spike https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lego-education-spike/id1469183033. When I search it in Apple School Manager it shows up as both an iPad and Mac app (I've never seen this before). I purchased licenses but they a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access iPad Photos via USB

When you plug an iPad into a computer I cannot view any data on the internal storage. All I can see is what the storage size is and how much disk space is available. I have enabled the following in my configuration profile:USB drive access in Files a...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conf Profile for Spirion

Has anyone had any luck with a good Configuration Profile for Spirion agent deployment? I'm on the struggle bus trying to deploy this software.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies not running after Automatic Enrollment

I am noticing odd behavior with Automatic Enrollment specifically, where about 50% of the time policies do not run despite being in scope. We have some policies set to run on enrollment to install company apps, etc. If I have the end user run sudo ja...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Defender ATP json file issues

HelloI am wondering if someone else has the same issue:I have just started a few days ago to use defender on our M1 MacBooks. I have done the all the configurations from:Set up the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on macOS policies in Jamf Pro | Micro...  View more

Xnip2021-10-06_16-21-44.png Xnip2021-10-06_16-22-10.png Xnip2021-10-06_16-22-51.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What helpdesk do you use?

Hey all,We currently use WebHelpDesk by solar winds and for reasons both obvious and not, we are looking at alternatives. I was wondering what other help desk systems other Jamf Admins were using and liking? We have demos set up with zendesk, FreshDe...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

New User

Hi all,Are they any live session or recorded sessions or live demo to new user, to see and enable the settings as per the user view(how to get notification, how to add patches, how to add the mac os latest version etc)  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors