Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Crowdstrike Unsupervised iOS profile

Hey everyone, Has anyone been able to successfully deploy Crowdstrike falcon on an unsupervised iOS? I'm able to get supervised deployments to work. FWIW, their official documentation states that unsupervised deployments are fully supported on InTune...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Microsoft Defender ATP for Mac - No License Found

We are testing deployment of Microsoft Defender ATP through Jamf, and everything goes great during the initial deployment. Things look fine for days, but as soon as the user reboots or moves to a different network, ATP starts throwing a "No License F...  View more

7bc065ee4cda480f939ad48d303cada0
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't disable Lost Mode on iPad

Hi All! I have a 5th generation iPad running iOS 13 that is stuck in lost mode. We use Zscaler with all our devices. When I send the "Disable Lost Mode" command to the iPad it doesn't work. I have tried updating the inventory, clearing passcodes, eve...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

REST API Data collect Issue through PowerShell

Hi There, I face a problem to collect Computers "Running Services" or "Application names" through REST API call with a PowerShell Script. Basically, i can fetch computers datas when there are not duplicated but for instance as there are generally sev...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave Smart Card exclusions

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to enable Force Smart Card Login and make exclusions for specific users in MacOS Mojave? I have to make Smart Cards mandatory through a mobileconfig policy thats been provided and by also making cha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable macOS simultaneous login

Hi, I found this good article about how to log out another user without logging in on macOS.. However, I haven't been able to find any information online about restricting the simultaneous login session on macOS to just 1, which is similar to Windows...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling Remote Desktop on Catalina

I've looked at several threads on how to do this and with what I've learned it works for my Mojave test machine but not Catalina. In Catalina it enabled but just hangs when trying to connect unless enabled manually. If enabled manually it works fine....  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Cisco AnyConnect VPN Start Before Login on

Has anyone had any success to get Cisco AnyConnect VPN start before login on to allow us to deal with the scenario of needing to ship a Mac to a user who is working remotely and who has never logged into the laptop previously  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Power BI Connector Data source error:

If I add the Computers group of data I get the following error when trying to refresh from Power BI Workspace after publishing. Data source error: The 'computerDetails.latitude' column does not exist in the rowset. Table: Computers.Cluster URI: WABI-...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommendation when enabling file vault?

Our campus is in the beginning of stages of working towards enabling full disk encryption on computers designated to go off campus. I've read here and there of some ugly stories of working with it and SecureToken. There aren't a lot of Macs on campus...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote OS Upgrades

Hi, I am looking into doing remote OS upgrades. I have put Catalina as a Mac Store App into the JSS, which installs the stub installer fine but then it requires admin credentials to complete the install. Is there any workaround that I can use to trig...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

re-applying DEP after record deletion

Hi all,I think this is not possible but smarter minds may know a way...A T2 Macbook Air was activated and enrolled using DEP, then the record in jamf was deleted.Can this device be re-added to DEP without wiping the device?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block SSID/Mock bad SSID

Hello Everyone, Looking to mock a SSID with a bad password to prevent users from connecting to an open network. Does anyone have advice for achieving this via network profiles?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Chrome Hardware Acceleration

Hello everyone, We are a K12 school district that is utilizing Google Meet for allow interaction between teachers and students during a statewide mandated lockdown. Unfortunately, we are using 2015 MacBook Pros with Intel 6100 Graphics that have a dr...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

non .app in inventory

Any method to get a non-.app to show up in application inventory? I added the location to the inventory application scan but it only seems to look for .app files. in this case, CrowdStrike, were wonting if it can be show as an application in Jamf inv...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

zoom updates in patch management?

In the past we've had apps not registering updates in jamf patch management (Cloud JSS). Our last Zoom patch level is showing it's 4.6.9 (4.6.11 is out)... Before I open a ticket with jamf I wanted to know if 4.6.10 or 11 was showing...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari 13.1 broken

It seems latest Safari 13.1 is broken , i had 3 reports already users when they have received 13.1 updated webpages wont open Safari is saying This Web Page Was Reloaded Because Problem Occured. Any ideas for fixes ? I dont want reinstall osx  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kaseya Deployent

Hello, Has anyone here successfully deployed Kaseya through JAMF? I have been trying for what seems like forever and the most i've been able to do is install the package but I cannot for whatever reason get the device to register on Kaseya's end.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enforce updates on VMware Fusion application

I'm looking for a method to enforce updates on VMware Fusion. The users get prompts but they don't always follow them to update. I've been pushing out updates as PKG files of the new version but I'd prefer to not have to keep making those with our ke...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud During setup Skips

Hi there, I am noticing that some ipads are completely skipping the "Apple ID and iCloud" part of the setup process during a wipe and re-setup. This is happening across different model types. Not a huge deal but annoying. Anyone else seeing this issu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updated Mobile Config - Push out one by one

Here's an odd one. I created a mobile config that makes our iPads go through our iBoss cloud proxy. However, in the process, ONE setting was checked wrong. That one setting was "App Proxy" or "Packet Tunnel". I selected "App Proxy" and it should have...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating MDM Intune to Jamf

Hey everyone, lots of Jamf use in the past at my previous company, but we are currently in the process of purchasing Jamf. We currently have Intune as our MDM and curious to see if anyone has any resources on the process of unenrolling from one and e...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

User laptop has my Chrome info on it

Not sure if this is an apple, chrome or JAMF deployment issue. I basically do all the jamf things in our district. A teacher just requested a new laptop because she had dropped her old one. I have a spare laptop that I literally just wiped and reenro...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac - assigned user randomly changing

I've noticed a strange issue where the user assigned to a Mac (under User and Location) seems to randomly change during a recon. I'm JamfCloud hosted with a JIM for LDAP connections. My Macs are not AD bound, though we do use NoMAD. I have the "Colle...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS iPad 13.4 update

Hello, apple recently pushed iOS iPad 13.4 out to iPads.It appears that if we want to use iMovie app, I need to have the operating system updated to 13.4some of my devices state the following messageyour iPad is running the latest software update all...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors