Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

How to support remote AD Users

We are rolling out new laptops to teachers who are away from the district 3 months of the year (summer break, winter and spring breaks). They are going to be authenticating with AD accounts to make things easier for them to remember one password for ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable some local accounts

Does anyone have a script that will detect all local accounts and disable all but a specific account? Basically I want to disable all of the accounts on a specific Mac except the one authorized account. These macs are not AD joined.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Enterprise and the 17.0.0.0/8 disclosure

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/23477/paranoid-infosec-doesn-t-trust-apple-at-all#responseChild142461 Aside from the information provided by @franton that is unofficial, but easily reproducible and is really great and much thanks to him ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Vivi iOS app configuration

We are a school new to Vivi and Jamf. I have seen the usefulness of the "App Configuration" area in Jamf for inputting settings for specific apps (Self Service and VMware Horizon Client for us) and I was just wondering if anyone knew whether the Vivi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

SplashBuddy not starting

I don't know why, all the policies under category "@Enrollment" (specifically made for Splashbuddy's policies) are remaining on "Pending". The policies are triggered at "Enrollment Complete" and the Execution Frequency is set on "Ongoing" Scope to "A...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Policy shows wrong pkg in log

I'm currently trying to setup our patch management and as a test I'm trying to update Skype for Business but the log only shows an attempt for Microsoft Word 2016 - another policy that is unrelated, unscoped, and actually disabled. I've set it to ins...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave default Safari user agent

HelloHow does one reset or change the default Safari user agent in Mojave?The infö at the post below works well upto High Sierra, but does not work on Mojave as shown below. Test-MacBook-Pro:~ test$ sudo defaults delete com.apple.Safari CustomUserAge...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Freelancer in London or UK - apologies if SPAM

Hi, apologies if this is not the right place, however I'm not sure where else to turn!? I'm looking for a Jamf Freelancer who can work with us on projects and ongoing support for our customers, mainly in London but potentially nationwide. We're a big...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipads unable to connect to wifi

Have three Ipads connected to Jamf on the laptop. We were playing at locking down their wifi capabilities and created a wifi connection and whitelisted the wifi option in restrictions. Now ipads appear unconnected to anything but also are "Restricted...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forescout Secure Connector

Hey all, Attempting to script an update to our forescout server IPs. due to the nested nature of this configuration plist I am unsure how to script it with plutil. Specifically I am attempting to edit what is shown below as serverip2 { "app_type" => ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

dsconfigad Requiring Password to Run

I am creating a GUI to run my adbinding script so it can be done easily by anyone with any experience level. The issue I am running into is dsconfigad prompts for the admin password. In terminal when I run the script from the command line this is not...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable FileVault for Local Admin Account...

Forgive me if this has been addressed.... Would anyone know what scripts / commands Jamf is running on the backend, of this "baked-in" policy? "Disable FileVault for Local Admin Account..." I'm curious if Jamf is using the:• fdesetup command - ONLY a...  View more

ca7bd03c950a4af589de1e9aa73af246
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

3rd Party Jamf Mng

I'm looking for a 3rd party company or individual to manage my company Jamf account. We got started with an individual who setup about 20 devices for me, somewhat, then completely disappeared leaving us lost. Currently have 20 devices in the program....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

While loop counter help

Having some difficulty figuring this one out. I am looking to add a counter to my While loop within Bash. I have /usr/bin/profiles checking to see if a configuration profile has made it on to the machine before continuing on. This config profile will...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD to eDirectory

HiWe use eDirectory for our user authentication. Currently Kanaka is connecting our Macs.We would like to swap to NoMAD for our user authentication.Has anyone managed to set this up? Would you care to share the setup required?What preferences need to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security & Privacy - Allow Applications to run

Hi all, Somewhat a trivial question, but I have to ask it here. With the new macOS Mojave 10.14.x, when installing an Application, most of the time it will ask the user for permission within System Preferences > Secuirty & Privacy > General. An examp...  View more

6a7d421a72954b1fa32cb676cfbb07f2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Peripherals - Is there Hope?

I know this has been posted and there is a feature request post but why has the function of adding and managing peripherals taken a back seat in the latest versions? Using Jamf Pro as a managment tool has been a life and time saver. It would be even ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

How many MDM Servers do you have in ASM?

We have roughly 7000 iOS devices. We found for workflow reasons over the course of a few years and perhaps a bad practice, we got ourselves into about 230 MDM Servers on Apple School Manager. We use them pretty much as the directional highway to our ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

EA for Internal Disk Format

#!/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python # -*- coding: utf-8 -*- import subprocess import plistlib import sys sysp_out = subprocess.check_output(["system_profiler", "SPStorageDataType", "-xml"]) sysp_items = plistlib....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.11 Beta Now Available!

Welcome to Jamf Pro 10.11 Beta 1. We’re exited to unveil a number of product enhancements with this release, including: Apple Spring Release Compatibility We’re excited to once again support zero day compatibility for key features in Apple’s spring r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

How to perform OS upgrade for Remote Worker

To preface; my JAMF servers are being built and are not in place yet. I have a remote worker that is on 10.12.6 and the rest of our environment is on 10.13.6. I need to get the user updated to the current OS. Can anyone offer how to trigger a downloa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoLoAD Removal

I have it set up for NoMAD Login AD to be at login but I want it to uninstall Login AD after the first login. I used this Jamf NoLoAD to try and set it up but when I restart after the first login, the computer gets stuck and the apple boot up screen.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors