Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Missing Security token - Script?

We used to image machines, but now it is not possible to activate Filevault through JAMF because there is no security token existing on machine.If I create a local account it get the security token and I should then be able to assign the token to the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Place a hidden file in a Users Library folder

Hello, What is the easiest way to drop a folder or a file in a users Library folder? I would like to drop a whole folder in, maybe a 1 MB folder, or just place a .file in a specific folder. The only catch is the folder needs to already exist with opt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for End User App Management

I am wondering what others are doing in regards to Capser Suite, app management and the end user. We are a small to medium sized K12 environment and I would like to off load some of the iOS app management work to the ipad teachers. Is there a way to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deep Freeze for Mac now APFS compatible

Faronics has released a new Version of Deep Freeze for Mac, that now supports APFS. Version 7.00.220.0047 APFS (November 02, 2018) New Features Support for macOS 10.13.5 or higher.Support for FileVault.Support for Fusion Drives.Administrators no long...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mojave push through Policy

So I'm trying to deploy Mojave through policy. I got the installation file set up on my target workstations. However, I can't find the script talked about here: http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/Jamf+Pro+-+Upgrading+Macs+to+latest+opera...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

AutoLogin as root in High Sierra, Mojave

Is it possible to do auto-login as root in High Sierra and/or Mojave - or that option is completely no more available? Integrity protection is off, I am able to login as root. But in System Preferences - Users - Login Options the "Super Administrator...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Acrobat Reader DC As the Default PDF Handler?

Hi, I've built a configuration profile with the above preference set on one of our Macs, then uploaded the launcservices plist from it into the profile payload (omitting anything unrelated to Adobe) and deployed that to another test Mac to confirm it...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome not opening after imaging

I could use the hive mind on this one as I am out of ideas. Around version 68 of Chrome, we started having an issue with Chrome immediately crashing when launched. At first I thought it was how I was packaging up the app. This was after a clean re-im...  View more

1c466027ccfa4ff9af5124b874d8f568 601d3ca5fe1d47aca9db3303fba3e14a 82893b869df84282a3bb60f64cc5c1ba
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

All Management Commands Pending after upgrade to Mojave

We're seeing an issue where when we upgrade High Sierra machines to Mojave, all the existing profiles are there, but we can't add/remove profiles at that point. All Management Commands are stuck in Pending for our Mojave machines. Jamf Pro 10.8, anyo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile check

So to start out with, my work is heavily secured and currently don't have APN or DEP up and running. It's in the works for the future but no available now. So currently, I created configuration profile, download it, package it, and push it to the use...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accidental upgrade to Mojave?

Hello, I have a user that was running macOS Sierra 10.12.6. He ran an App Store check for updates and somehow Mojave was installed, even though we have a Restricted Software record for "Install macOS Mojave.app". I can't block OSInstaller as we're ac...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who's Telling the Truth?

When my student macbooks check in, they are reporting as "Early 2015" models. Yet, when I open them up and look in About this Mac they self report as "2017" models. Which is accurate?  View more

cea0d98ea1ed47c8bcd7e475c728f054 9685980c4b7c459c831e41369ae44643
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Desktop Icon at Login Window

Is this a new icon on the Login Window in 10.14? Noticed this when I was remoting into a computer when the user was logged out. It will show up if you are using Apple Remote Desktop or the Screen Sharing app. As soon as you close the remote session t...  View more

94ba619e0305420e8a9e4d1ff559fa06
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe 2019 pkg files are not flat. How to sign them?

Folks,We are testing the new packages made from Adobe Console and finding that they are not Flat packages and therefore can not be signed with a Installer Certificate. In trying to flatten the pkg we find that Adobe is using scripts not supported and...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

How are you Re-Deploying & Provisioning your T2 Macs?

Hello, My DEP Provisioning workflow is predicated upon an OEM Apple Image as if it were right out of the box. Currently we internet recovery the T2 Mac back to an OEM Apple Image, at first boot DEP hits and it's back enrolled to our system, first scr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Chrome Crashing Post Mojave

Hello,I am getting reports from users that once their machine is enrolled in Jamf, they are having Chrome issues. The issue described below was not happening pre-Jamf. About 10-15 minutes after opening Chrome, the currently used tabs will work, but a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Nomad login - with default apple login

I have installed nomad login and it works great.(used the auth package) However, I would like to keep the default apple login window instead of the nomad login window. Even I set the preference file "loginwindow" to No/YES nothing changes. Can anyone...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Papercut redirect

We are suddenly seeing an issue with Papercut where a user will print to a queue, and then walk over to a printer they have always used (let's call it printer A), login and see the job they want to release, select it, and tell it to 'print'... Then n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with my first script to pull information from API

I am trying to write a script that will pull the mobile device application id and scope from the API. I'd then like to add a smart group to the scope of certain apps based on their current scoped groups. I have a script that will pull all of my app i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mapping shares randomly works and then doesn't

So i've been using a script since the Jamf jump start which has been working a treat but recently its become sporadic and randomly works when it feels?!I found that it adds a keychain entry for each drive and removing these was kicking it back in but...  View more

6df588178b004d229f67ecfe9044e8b2 f900c3e7cf564487a9421674f4bcef30 f3c31133d63244548f2bfa43ae2a4f16 857c1d4e3d514b1297abf0b7472dd9e4
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Automatically Encrypt External Drive

I am trying to find a way to automatically encrypt a users external HDD with a script potentially. It would also be awesome if there was somehow a way to store the encryption password in JAMF somewhere as well. I found this script from about a year a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

eap-tls automagic authentication on macOS 10.14

I've an iMAC running macOS 10.14. I've configured it to use eap-tls to log into either our wired network or our wpa2-enterprise "eduroam" network. Everything works just fine except thast you have to manually go into system preferences/ network and cl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red Dot login screen after enrollment

We've been having problems with a fair amount of our iMacs where they will randomly stop allowing network accounts to log on, even though they are bound to the network and all the various network settings appear okay (including a green dot next to th...  View more

cfed95436ba24b35a82bd971fb6718d9
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC and every app known to IT

I'm starting to get my head around this PPPC joke.... It appears I am going to have to create a PPPC profile for almost every application that does anything... for example, Photoshop and After Effects.... So, have I missed something that means I only...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 7 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors