Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Simple update method script?

Does there exist any "easy" update scripts for OS security updates. What I need is quite simple. Download security updates if they exist - and install them. If reboot is needed a prompt should appear to user, that restart is needed within X minutes o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can i "TEST" as password ?

I have a script I use to change passwords on my MAC's, what I'd really like to do is have the script check the password to see if it is different before attempting to change it.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error installing package

Trying to install a BitDefender package and get following process with error in log: Executing Policy BitDefenderMounting JamfShareInstalling BitDefender...Successfully installed BitDefender.Running script BDinstall...Script exit code: 255Script resu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to script setting Computer Name to AD Client ID

I've been told many times I'm going about this the wrong way, but I really want a simple solution that doesn't require a bunch of scripts, so.... We have all our devices in DEP. They are set to a prestage enrollment that has the directory settings se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Saving in Jamf Remote

So Jamf Remote has a "Save As" button... but I'm not sure how to make use of it and I can't find documentation. It saves an XML document with the policy configuration as a .casper file, but Jamf Remote doesn't seem to have a way to open any type of f...  View more

3369200abe644f14ab9e5a76ea5036cf
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Remote Management

I need to disable ARD on student laptops so they can use Lockdown Browser. Students don't have admin access on their laptops and somehow the Remote Management setting is turning on. Lockdown Browser will not allow the students to launch the applicati...  View more

6c2a9c9383a84ff28f311aa82f2e4f90
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thunderbolt Ethernet and Display

I seem to have a strange issue with a few different of the latest generation macbook pros - specifically one is a 13 inch with no touch bar, two of them are a 15 inch with touchbar. When a single adapter is used for ethernet, USB 3.0 and Video on a f...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data Transfer

Hi everyone, I hope all is well with you. I'm looking to automate our data transfer where I work. Im not sure if this is the right place to post this. Right now I transfer data using the migration assistant. Sometimes I use a hard drive to make a tim...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does APNs cert renewal revoke the old cert?

When I renew an APNs cert, will the cert already in the JSS continue to work until its expiration date, or will it stop working as if it were revoked? I'm trying to write a detailed change/backout plan for this process and need to know this detail (n...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update - disable mojave?

Is there a Way to disable software Update in mojave. I know it is possible to disable Them in plist file, however if Admin Rights user Can just go to software Update and enable it again. Is there a Way to fix it, so it is possible to Control updates ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

In House App Deployment Issues

Hi all, Am I missing something with in-house app deployments? We have a valid Apple Developers Enterprise certificate, a valid Provisioning Profile both packaged within the IPA and it is uploaded to a web server with the required access. However when...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finding unused scripts in the JSS

Hello Everyone, I know we can find smart groups, thanks to the work of others, and the attached policies and profiles they may be assigned to. However, I cannot find a way to see this with scripts. Over the years, we have added quite a few scripts to...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Locking down Ssh

Hello, I have come across a situation on our district macbook airs where students were able to access Terminal and ssh into other machines. I blocked access for Terminal. However, this would not prevent them from using other tools to use ssh. I have ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Patching - What's the future?

For years now I have been relying on some custom scripts to conduct Apple OS & 3rd party software updates on our Mac fleet. As Apple continues to clamp down on security (especially that new T2 chip) I am finding that these scripts are no longer worki...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 8 kudos

Outlook 2019 Default Save Location

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything about this off the bat. As I am sure many of you have dealt with, users don't check where they save an Outlook attachment, and the user ends saving the attachment to the Outlo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

manage DNS-extension

We must change the DNS-settings for our clients.I would try to manage it by jamf to expand the computername with the domain for DNS.i found a script at jamfnation but it changes the computername to "iMac" - that's not so good for us ;-) so i wrote th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Updates - Reboot needed prompt

Hi all, We have a requirement to run softwareupdates -ia every 24hours BUT we want to push out a jamf helper prompt IF a reboot is needed. How are people doing this out of interest?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS 2018-006 security patch and AFP auto-mount

Dear fellow mac admins, Over the last couple of days we've seen a sad (but probably sound) development in AFP auto-mounting volumes via script. macOS security patch 2018-006 has broken most of our nice little auto-mounting scripts for customers, thro...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 5 kudos

Allow booting from external media

Hi everyone, you probably heard about the new Startup Security Utility that let you prevent or allow booting from an external drive on Mac with T2 chip.I found the KB article from Apple that shows you how to choose the preferred option (https://suppo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Share

We changed the network share to a different name and the Mac and still trying to connect to the old share path. Can't figure out why. We are also leveraging Enterprise Connect in our environment as well. I have already checked Login Items in System P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Inventory of unused apps

Is there a way of finding out what apps in our VPP catalog in jamf are not installed on any iPads? Since JAMF tells you the app is used if it is scoped, but doesn't tell you if it is actually installed, I am hoping there is some way of figuring that ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WindowServer Crash - Forced User Logout

Hey all! I'm at my wits end with this issue and I'm hoping that someone here may be able to solve this. Our company is experiencing an issue that is affecting both our Mac Minis (conference room use) and Macbook Pros (end-user machines). We have run ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP - Prestage Enrollment Breaks inventory preload.

We integrated Jamf with ServiceNow and use ServiceNow as our asset repository and tracking mechanism. We purchase and receive through ServiceNow. Before DEP we could create the computer object through the API using Serial, Mac Address and computer na...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

A software update required to use this startup disk

Can someone help me understand the issue I am having with updating a new Macbook Air that has the T2 chip in it from 10.14.1 to 10.14.2. We have a software update server using NetSUS and when our users try to upgrade, they get the message below. Upda...  View more

602c51c37fd94762963b83a318abffb8 62863b0506594c90aec659007a47608b bc6671388a0a49e5aa07c61763872f36
  • 26 replies
  • 1 kudos

Smart Notebook Software Accessibility Mojave

Our latest Smart Notebook software on Mojave is requiring addition system preferences/privacy/accessibility to enable the Smart Board interaction. From Smart website...Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy.Click the Privacy tab, ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors