Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Jamf Pro 10 API Breaking Bugs

Changes to features in Jamf Pro 10 have caused some breaking problems for us and other customers who rely on the API to create and manage policies. Some are serious enough to prevent us upgrading to Jamf 10. I wanted to make these as well known as po...  View more

c03b86f68d6d4d78a5b164aafa23ad26
  • 2 replies
  • 7 kudos

Managing Citrix Plugin within Safari 10.13.x

Wondering if anyone had any insight on how to allow the citrix plugin in within Safari. We want to allow it always but after upgrades from 10.12-10.13 it seems to have reset that configuration. Any assistance would be great!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

issue connecting to DFS share with High Sierra

Hi, I have a collègue who is having issue connecting to SMB/domain.inc/dfsroot works fine locally but when connecting via the VPN (IPsec) always gets the error "connexion failled to serveur domain.inc... it is possible that the server does not exist ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

self service auto check

Hey, We are about to roll out Self service to our company but have a few minor tweaks we would like to address before we do. When we open Self service, it shows all the packages and policies as we would like, however we have the following issue:All p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot 10.13.1 Issue

Hi, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I'm experiencing issues net booting High Sierra. NBI Server Info: - OS: 10.11.6Server Version 5.2Made available of HTTP Previously built NBI 10.12.6 and 10.11.5 boot without issues. Netboot build p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Admin - .tar file showing on Install macOS

Hi, When i upload the "Install macOS High Sierra.app" into Casper Admin the display name & file name being created is Install macOS High Sierra.app.tar Why is a .tar file being created? All the manuals i've read show the installer being re-created as...  View more

707a8427c4444ce1bb0b47ca32e0ba51
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

PANTONE Color Manager...this ought'a be fun...

Never judge a flat/signed PKG by its cover... preinstall script: #!/bin/sh rm -Rfv "/Library/Frameworks/XRiteDevice.framework" # uninstall old xrd echo "Uninstalling legacy xrd..." dscl . -delete /Groups/com.xrite.device.group.xrd > /dev/null 2>&1 ds...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mounting Network Drives Via Config Profile macOS 10.13.0

I'm fairly new to Jamf but worked for some time with Mac management but tonight Ive spent far too long figuring out how to make this work without any luck. In other MDMs Ive simply used a config profile to put at the network share I want to mount at ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault and JSS 10

Hello, since my jss was upgraded to 10, Filevault script doesn't work. I have 2 smart group :first countain mac with filevautl status not encrypted. I've 12 computers in this groupsecond countain Mac eligible for filevault and in this group I've got ...  View more

71a0e2dd810748c594c012ea8e7a936f
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

SMB Share Drive

I have tried using the script below but i keep getting error on the macs ive pushed the policy to URLs with the type ":" are not supported The policy logs show this error: Executing Policy Jupiter Running script Jupiter Mount... Script exit code: 0 S...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore From iCloud on Supervised Device

It seems I'm unable to restore an iCloud backup onto a device supervised by DEP. The option doesn't appear, I get a restore from iTunes or set up as a new phone option, but no restore from iCloud backup. Am I missing a tick box somewhere?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.13 Netboot

Created a 10.13 netbook using AutoCasperNBI, everything works fine however it doesn't prompt for a password to mount a JHFS+ encrypted disk forcing us to erase or mount using diskutility before signing into Casper Imaging. Not urgent but is this now ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logic Pro VPP Deployment Issue

Hi guys,My first time posting here since we've rolled out Jamf, so I've got my fingers crossed that someone can help me!!! I have purchased 20 VPP licences for Logic Pro X and I can see the app within Mac Store Apps inside Jamf.The app is scoped to a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfhelper setup screen during enrolment

Hi,I want to display a fullscreen window with jamfhelper during enrolment (using the script below) letting the user know the Mac is being set up. Once the policies have run, should then restart the Mac automatically. Any ideas how I can do this? not ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Cluster with one in the DMZ

So I have been asked to setup access to the JSS in such a way to allow our managed machines to be remotely wiped even if they leave our network. I have setup a second JSS in a DMZ on my router and clustering is turned on and seems to be working. Howe...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple School Manager

Just wanted to know if anyone has deployed apple school manager.. we are being met with so many issues and little support I want to know what everyone else's experience is like Thanks.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finding macOS devices missing MDM Capable Users

Is there a way to find out who is not enabled as an MDM user on their computer? There is no way to search if the value is populated or not or to give a list of enabled users for the devices. Running sudo jamf mdm -userLevelMdm correctly sets the user...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cocoapod help/ Terminal commands restriction

I have a few classes that would like to start using cocoapods for programming. The problem that I see, is I can install the initial cocoapods, but then the student would need to be able to install the actual pod they need. Which would require Termina...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Has anyone got a 10.12.3 lying around somewhere that you can send me pls? Need to use JAMF's in place upgrade and not the script hence want the older one. Thanks!  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors