Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Questions about the new Jamf Pro API

Hello !First of all, please excuse me if the questions are found somewhere else, but I can't find clearly the informations needed. Please note that I'm not familiar with API.As the basic authentication will be soon removed, I already disabled it in J...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 11.6.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including Apple Watch management and FIDO2 authentication support for macOS Self Service. You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the Jamf Pro 11.6.0 Bet...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Move from Site - 30 Day Inactive Macs

Hi Jamf Nation Team,Is there an automatic way to move the inactive Macs from one production site to another? We have identified the Macs that need to be moved to the inactive site, but can we move them automatically when they reach the "inactive" sta...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with naming computer

Hey all,A number of years ago I inherited a Jamf platform that I am trying to improve and clean up. We have a policy of naming computers of your choice. Currently, it consists of three scripts, one of which is an AppleScript to bring up a dialog box ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying AD Certificate

Hello Everybody, Our Macbooks on the domain. So we are deploying AD certificate to our macbooks. I have 2 question for this.1- How this is working? For example, I'm login in a macbook nothing happens.(certificate not installed) But after reboot or lo...  View more

foreverkan_5-1716202915753.png foreverkan_7-1716203429651.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MFA solutions and Jamf

My organization uses Duo and we use their Mac Login app. I frequently have to reinstall it following macOS updates and find this to be a hassle.Is this how it is with all MFA solutions that are installed in macOS? I only have experience with Duo and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Remove Accesstokens in Keychain

Trying to figure out a script that can delete all of the Default Keychains - local items - accesstokens. Would appreciate any assistants. Kind of new to scripting.#!/bin/bash# Function to list access tokenslist_access_tokens() { security find-generic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Software with a scrip

I have some apps that need a to run a scrip after the install and have been unable to figure out how to trigger them to run after the install of the App or how to show up in Self service. one of the App's is VPN client and the script will add the two...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration "Assistant"

So, here's a thing:Have you ever wished your users didn't try to use Migration Assistant? Maybe you have something better (Alectrona Migrator, Druva - that's what I used to use & it was the best...) But, maybe, you just want to stop them. Yes, you ca...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Corporate Desktop Wallpaper

Hello again. I'm seeing a lot of older posts about this that are not relevant to Sonoma; most posts are from years ago. This is a 2 part question: I want to upload a Corporate image to be used for Desktop Wallpaper. I'll need this to be built into th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Auto Update vs Jamf App Catalog

Haven't posted in a while... glad to be back, at least to ask this question:When do normal Jamf Pro customers get this?https://datajar.co.uk/products/jamf-auto-update/This seems like something that Jamf App Catalog was meant to be. This company is no...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Spark updates

hi,We use SPARK email software.With APPLE volume purchasing we have deployed the app with JAMF and the APP STORE.When SPARK makes an update and it appears in the App Store, JAMF downloads the update but cannot deploy it on the client workstations bec...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What kind of script would I need?

I am testing a reset local user password Policy in case a user forgets his macbook login password. I see this as a trigger option: "Startup - When a computer starts up. A startup script that checks for policies must be configured in Jamf Pro for this...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Local Remote Management

We ran into an issue where one of the higher-ups within our organization was having printer troubles and one of our technicians remotely logged into their Mac with the managed admin credentials. The higher-up took issue with this as the user's accoun...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-stage enrollment questions

Hello. I am fairly new to Jamf Pro and in the process of learning while cleaning up some of the work that was created before me. I have a question regarding pre-stage enrollments and the best practice for moving forward. Currently, our iPads are not ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors