Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

JAMF Push Notifications for iOS Not Working

We are trying to send a native Push notifications to a group of iOS devices. We have a valid Push Proxy Cert and the notification shows up in the Self Service App but not via the native Notifications area of iOS. We did select the option to push to t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Restriction - Moving Apps on Home Screen

Hi! Does anyone happen to know the restriction in the configuration profile of the JSS where it allows the user to hold down an app until it "shakes", and then move it to another part of the home screen? I'm trying to look for it but I can't find it....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service auto-installing on ios 10 trouble

We are a device based district so we tried not using AppleID's this year on our iPad Mini 4's. Has been going smoothly until recently. Now when I open up a new iPad that is already updated to 10 it keeps asking for an AppleID before installing Self S...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

ASM-Student iPad with managed AppleID..no Find My iPad

oy. No Find my iPadThis is Apple's List, which does NOT list Find My iPad as being restricted, and yet....I just do not understand the reasoning behind this.... Edit: Newer list here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205918 Feedback filed.....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What Static User Group is This iPad In?!?

Hello all, From time to time, I get iPads back that have apps assigned to them through Mobile Devices. The iPads were assigned to a static user group so I can't go into each app and figure out which static user group they are in. I COULD go into each...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution de PDF dans iBooks

BonjourNous souhaiterions distribuer des documentations importantes (200 pages mini) au format PDF dans iBooks mais se pose la question de l'hébergement des fichiers. Nous avons fait un test totalement réussi en stockant ces fichiers sur notre espace...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up Gmail for Student Accounts

Hi,I have in the past successfully used the Exchange-ActivSync Configuration Profile for iOS to set up gmail for student ipadsIs there any advantage to switching over to the Google Account Profile?I canot find any info on variables to use.Can anyone ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Teachers and Apple IDs with School email address

Hi ALL,I will preface this by saying I the not seen this with my own eyes, but several new staff have said that they are not able to create an Apple ID using their newly created and issued school email address.We have only uploaded new Middle School ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using VPP with Shared iPad

I think I'm missing something simple here but how do you use VPP device based distribution with shared iPads? I receive an error in JSS stating "the MDM request is invalid" Thanks  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block/ Handle iOS 10

How do the schools handle/ stop the iOS10 upgrade on students'/ teachers' ipads if school is not ready for classroom app. Recently some schoo ipads were upgraded to iOS10 beta version and teachers were not able to focus these upgraded ipads. If Apple...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove built-in apps

How do I remove pre-loaded apps from an iPad? Our iPads come pre-loaded with Pages, Keynote etc which we will not be using. Is there a way to remove them using the JSS?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

What happens when you delete a VPP account?

We have 2 VPP accounts at the moment, one of which is assigned to another MDM and I have the option to reclaim the token for that account. I would like to delete that account. What sort of effect would that have? Will it remove any of the apps from t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Purchased Apps status Pending.

I purchased an app through VPP and assigned it to one specific iPad in the JSS. Everything works properly with the exception of the app downloading to the iPad properly. When it comes time to install, the app stays in a pending status but other apps ...  View more

29a02a07ef514063abb3c2ffd4674d31 a52e77e42c4f4db1b261b417e9501df4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP assignments to Devices asking for Apple ID Sign In

Currently setting up some classroom iPads and using Device based VPP so they don't require an apple ID. Also making sure the app installs automatically. I did this 7 months ago and it worked fine. Now I'm doing it again and some apps are prompting to...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Codes in JAMF after moving from Meraki?

Just started to use Casper instead of Meraki. Previously I have used my VPP account in Meraki, but now I have reclaimed all the licenses in Meraki and retired the users. Now I want to start using Casper instead. I have added the account, and in one p...  View more

ce98768606bb4ae89453c8eea2c6b348 242c06711fa64645b6ddedf8a0cf944a
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service App Load Time

Good morning everyone, we are venturing into device based assignment. We have 544 free apps in the catalog scoped to all devices. We are experiencing self-service (the application) load times of 3 minutes (for the apps to show up) for 1 individual ip...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels