Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Chrome App Launcher

I have a student is going crazy with this app. Anyone have a pathway I could use? Trying to block this before other kids get it as well. Thanks  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfhelper........inactive buttons in message window

Hi folks, Looking for some guidance on this. Here's my script that runs at every check-in, once a day. button=$(/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -windowType hud -title "fun stuff" -icon /Library/Scripts/A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit policy to smart user group?

Is there any way to limit a policy based on a user group created in Casper? Right now I can only limit based on LDAP groups but it would be awesome if I could create static / smart groups and then limit a policy to those users.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machine authentication problems

My end goal is to get Macs on the domain so they can send a cert request to the Windows CA and then pull down the user cert to the machine. The part I am having a problem with at the moment is using Machine Authentication over wireless to get the Mac...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - bash scripting question

I am working on a lengthy script (parentScript), part of which generates another script (childScript) I am using a method I cribbed from Andrina's TempAdmin.sh script, namely: echo"childScript line 1childScript line n" > location This has worked well...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Preview block

Just as a heads up, the 2016 Office Public Preview is out...http://products.office.com/en-US/mac/mac-preview looking into how to block it now as a restricted process.  View more

• 51 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird DNS issue with Printing

So we have our fleet of printers being deployed using Self Service using lpadmin and some other dmg files being pushed out. I have noticed a bizarre occurrence with a couple of OSX Users (Both on 10.10 I believe). We recently upgraded out print serve...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore partition questions

There's not a lot of documentation, or current discussion, about the Restore partition feature. I've created a restore image, made an OS package out of it with composer, uploaded that to my JDS, and in my test configuration I've setup a partition for...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10.3 Restriction?

I'd like to restrict this so people wait for the official release, but I don't see any process that is jumping out as being specific to the beta (just looks like ordinary updating, despite the separate download for the access utility). Has anyone fou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT **HELP** Active directory migration

So we recently migrated from one AD domain to another and some users that were on the Computer previously Cannot log in.. AT ALL getting the shakes.. When using another user that never logged into the machine log in they get in with no problems it cr...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapping a network drive

My configuration policy is failing. When I log in I get "There was a problem connecting to the server". This is my policy:Configuration Profile GeneralDistribution method = Install AutomaticallyLevel = Computer level Login ItemsNetwork mounts = smb:/...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer driver new version released

I have printers already being deployed via self service, just the other day I saw that these printers now have a newer driver version released a couple days ago. If I want to get these printers to use the newer driver version just released, do I recr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricting software sites

We have a number of "Sites" managed by local technical support staff, but unfortunately have been unable to provide them with full access to software deployment since there does not appear to be the way to restrict software packes to Sites. How are o...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Day in the life of a Mac sysadmin....

Hi folks, I'm not sure if this has been done before.... I thought it'd be interesting to hear from others wrt how you spend you spend your working days. As I am fairly new to the Mac sysadmin scene, some of you may identify things that I should be do...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile blocking Yosemite Extensions

Hi, We have started rolling out Yosemite this week (10.10.2) and an employee mentioned that he can't use new the extensions features like the calculator widget in the today bar and the share menu in safari (It displays No Service). The default extens...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flip4Mac settings

Wanted to know if anyone here is managing Flip4Mac I wanted to enforce these Flip4Mac browser plug-in settings under System Preferences -> Flip4Mac on all 10.9.5 clients we support- enable "Launch Flip Player"- enable "Always show movie controller" I...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharing performance

Hello,I start in installation of JSS. Before to give me a share (with SMB), the responsable of the SAN ask me to precise the volume of i/o for JSS.I disarmed for this question and I don't find any informations about this.The first need is to manage 1...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting: Bash, XML, Python & Plist

I've been successful with several scripts working in correlation with policies, but I've noticed that some don't work as well. Sometimes converting from #!/bin/bash to #!/bin/sh work better, and with others just the reverse. I'm sure some of you out ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd Java 8u40 behavior?

I've discovered what seems like buggy behavior with Java 8u40 settings sticking, and I'm hoping someone else might've already encountered this and can point me in the right direction. Obviously, one can deploy Java 8 (even update 40) fairly simply, w...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Executing AppleScript without asking for Admin account

Hi Guys, We've recently come across an issue where PDF files are no longer opened in Safari after installing Adobe Creative Cloud applications. To remedy this problem, I intend to delete the relevant PDF plugins, and have written the following AppleS...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Skips and boots to regular HDD

We made a 10.10 and 10.9 NBI. Then made the 10.9.5 the default and set both to be diskless boot served over NFS (we also tried HTTP). But when we try to Netboot (again on the same device) - it skips straight past and attempts to load HDD. Images were...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory update error

We are getting this error on only one computer when inventory update occurs. Message does not mean much, nothing in the associated logs on the server matches the error message. JSS 9.65Computer running OS 10.10.2 '"Gathering application usage informa...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon Extension Attribute

I had a issue where a macbook air was not triggering a policy for iBeacon printer deployments.long story short, be aware of bluetooth versions! To help identify macs that were capable of Bluetooth 4.0 we made a Extension Attribute.We also made a smar...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Malware in web browser extensions

Hi Guys, I was checking into see if anyone has been seeing a climb in web browser malware being installed through browser extensions? Causing pop ups to appear when on a web browser? If so is there a script I can create to be proactive so our faculty...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors